Author Topic: I got a whine  (Read 2413 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: I got a whine
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »
Channel 2 is not optional.  I cannot be detuned or squelched, nor should it be.  There is no comparison what so ever between a random comment from a player on the optional 200 channel, and 8-10 lines (including the one who landed) of scrolling country channel everytime one of your squadies landed 2 kills!  Your squad refuses to be considerate of your fellow contrymens open channel, so why would anyone give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to gameplay?  It is disruptive to comms, and a number of knights automatically just squelch any animal noises they see when they log on.  But they shouldn't have to do that.  HTC has already said your squads spamming of country channel is "a bit over the top".
Murdr you may be bias, I have seen more people get in arguments over the game on country channel then on 200, whats to say them talking non combat related stuff is better then us saluting a fellow sqaudmate? Most of the knights like us anyway and I dont think they really mind, the majority atleast.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »
Murdr you may be bias, I have seen more people get in arguments over the game on country channel then on 200, whats to say them talking non combat related stuff is better then us saluting a fellow sqaudmate? Most of the knights like us anyway and I dont think they really mind, the majority atleast.

You salute yourself?  Sorry, but this is spamming the channel.

That's well beyond one or two wtg's to a squadie.  Not to mention that AH provides a channel for squad comms.

...and again, anyone can detune 200 if they don't like it.  The same can't be said for ch2.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:01:45 PM by Murdr »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
I doesnt drag on though murdr, its there for a second and i hardly ever see any important info go by during it, what people to lazy to do what you did and open your buffer, Ill show them how i can do it and type while fighting 1v1 at same time. We pay 15 dollars a month just like all of the other people, you take away our sqauds priveliages to use country channel you risk losing 675 dollars a month at the very least, and during a time where the economy is slowly going into a depression i dont think some oinking is really that much to get your panties in a bunch, and your still biased Murdr  :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 09:06:13 PM »
Huh I remember as a Pigstomper the "Squeeeeeee" was used as a greeting. Not as a country backslapping affair. Ahh well...
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »
I doesnt drag on though murdr, its there for a second and i hardly ever see any important info go by during it, what people to lazy to do what you did and open your buffer, Ill show them how i can do it and type while fighting 1v1 at same time. We pay 15 dollars a month just like all of the other people, you take away our sqauds priveliages to use country channel you risk losing 675 dollars a month at the very least, and during a time where the economy is slowly going into a depression i dont think some oinking is really that much to get your panties in a bunch, and your still biased Murdr  :salute
LMAO threatening HTC always works soooo well.
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »
LMAO threatening HTC always works soooo well.
not a threat, its very well possible if they make us disband sqaud that most pigs are leaving game, the number is base off a sqaud and a half leaving at 15 dollars a month. If HTC took this as threat <S> didnt mean it like that just trying to say that its not worth the money :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
Nobody said anything about disbanding squads.  However, a little consideration that 150-200+ other players have no choice but to recieve all ch2 comms would go a long way.

Anybody in the arena who hasn't intentionally squeched channel 6 just saw that so-n-so just landed X kills from UbErSkWad.  There's no need to as a common practice tie up country comms to belabor the point, and scream for attention.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:16:47 PM by Murdr »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »
Junky, have you ever had the pleasure of flying around one of those 12 year olds that's figured out vox and not much else?  Have you ever tried to call out some vital information to wingmen, but keep getting cut off by that 12 year old talking about random nonsense?

Basically, the "oinks" are that twelve year old's babble, but on country channel.  Yeah, sometimes no vital info is missed, and it's no big deal, but that's not always the case.  Yes, we could mass squelch you...  But there's kind of a lot of you, and I figure once in awhile you guys must have some vital info of your own to pass along that I'd like to have.

It's basically just inconsiderate and a pox on everyone's SA.  

I can understand you POTW getting defensive towards the people who you think have insulted you, but nice or not, they've got a point on this one.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
Nobody said anything about disbanding squads.  However, a little consideration that 150-200+ other players have no choice but to recieve all ch2 comms would go a long way.
See thought you were talking about disbanding you got me alil worked up, i admit me panties were in a bunch there for a second :O, but I still say its our 15 dollars a month to play without using innapproiate language which we most of the time dont, except when we drunk, bah maybe we think about bringing it to channel 200 so people can detune it :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »
I had to spend a few good minutes of my time tonight squelching each of you.  Got old fast.  No wonder Knights are always low on numbers.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »
Junky, have you ever had the pleasure of flying around one of those 12 year olds that's figured out vox and not much else?  Have you ever tried to call out some vital information to wingmen, but keep getting cut off by that 12 year old talking about random nonsense?

Basically, the "oinks" are that twelve year old's babble, but on country channel.  Yeah, sometimes no vital info is missed, and it's no big deal, but that's not always the case.  Yes, we could mass squelch you...  But there's kind of a lot of you, and I figure once in awhile you guys must have some vital info of your own to pass along that I'd like to have.

It's basically just inconsiderate and a pox on everyone's SA.  

I can understand you POTW getting defensive towards the people who you think have insulted you, but nice or not, they've got a point on this one.
[/quote Yes, which is what Waystin is trying to get across to other people, we listen to everyones side of an argument and dont ignore their points, you good sir have mentioned some of mine, we are planning on not making as many oinks in a single row but its gunna be hard habit to break kinda like not playing AH for a week  :D
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
I had to spend a few good minutes of my time tonight squelching each of you.  Got old fast.  No wonder Knights are always low on numbers.
You really should steal the 80ths name, your head hunting for an argument, grow up 420, stop smoking weed, get a job, and be an adult
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »
LOL 2 kills = that many wtgs?  Man standards have changed.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
LOL 2 kills = that many wtgs?  Man standards have changed.
I didnt get many kills due to the situation i was in, when i rtb im out of gas ammo and probably shot to hell, this i think was when i got gnged by like 7 and got out with 2 scalps, sqauddies probably knew because they saw it :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
I didnt get many kills due to the situation i was in, when i rtb im out of gas ammo and probably shot to hell, this i think was when i got gnged by like 7 and got out with 2 scalps, sqauddies probably knew because they saw it :salute

I am not going to get into how much crap I just read but hey if you say so.

deuces
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV