Author Topic: Head On err No  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Head On err No
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
If intardnet lag was the issue.  What you would see is the victims film seeing bullets miss his plane but his plane recording hits.  On his film the shot looks to have been taken after the victim (he) passes the shooters gun solution.

That's what happens.
I've experienced getting killed well after the merge.
See Rule #4

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
Oops, sorry about CAPS...........         :D

This is one of those arguments that will never end and nothing can ever be done about it........ But I will say this...  Has LYNX ever ho'd somebody?  Of Course!  Haven't we all?  But to sit around and call one of the better sticks nothing but a ho'er......... That's just plain ole silly.

And quite honestly, the dead pilot has PTSD in the tower.  And will always "remember" it in a way that will make them feel a little better about their bad abilities.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »
From the trainers site.

"Impossible" Shots

Another phenomenon caused by lag is taking hits from "impossible" angles or even after the attacker has already passed you. While more of an annoyance than a contentious issue, understanding how it happens can help you defend against it.

As already discussed, lag causes a different reality on different front-ends. This difference in reality can allow an attacker to shoot when the defender thinks he is safely outside the attacker's line of fire. Unlike collisions, if you opponent scores hits on your plane on his front end, the damage caused by those hits is assessed against your plane. Again we are only talking 1/10’s of seconds and a few extra feet of maneuver space, but it still may be the difference between having a shot opportunity and not having one. This is also how you can get shot after you have passed. Once the host receives hit data from Player 2's front-end, it sends the pings and damage to your front-end - all after you saw your opponent pass you!

This has been described as being like you are towing a target behind you. You can't see it but the enemy can and, if the enemy shoots the target, you take the hits! You can defend against this, though, by paying attention and getting a feel for the angles that people can get hits on you. Once you know this, you adjust your thinking accordingly.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
A lot of Head-On complaints are dependent on the point-of-view of the user's front end.  I think it frequently happens that from the shooter's point-of-view, it's a front quarter shot, while from the victim's front end it's much closer to nose-to-nose.

Just an observation.

Considering Lynx is in Eropeland and Bodhi is in Americaland the combined lag could be in excess of 300. That my friends makes for a bit of a difference in views of the fight.

Something to ponder.

:)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 02:16:17 PM »
:)
See, we do think more alike than we both care to admit. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »
I don't remember flying last night.  So likely I was intoxicated.  Apologies to you if I was rude.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »
The only people that complain about the HO are the ones that lost.

EVERYTIME.

Why not HO - it's natural and fun!

The thing I CAN'T STAND is the ram or I'LL GET YOU with the HO or RAM you to death, either way!

AKA the spit 16 dweeb d

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
It's the way of the world for the mediocre to try to bring everything down to their level.
This isn't an ankle hump, but Lynxs' gameplay and more importantly manners in game are beyond reproach from what I've seen.
To slight someone is easy - but why would you get personal?
What grain of malice would compel you put that on 200?
If you were that out of shape, send a pm - act and communicate - dare I say it "man to man".
Sledging on 200 comes accross with little respect and no credibility.
As said, this isn't lower leg rape, I just loathe lack of manners.
Anyway life (real and virtual) goes on.
What species of Lemming goes anywhere near the savage end of a mossie anyway?
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
Why not HO - it's natural and fun!

The thing I CAN'T STAND is the ram or I'LL GET YOU with the HO or RAM you to death, either way!

AKA the spit 16 dweeb d

:huh

:lol

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »
Tootting around in a Mossie I comes across a couple that said
(Image removed from quote.)
and

I was a bit  :huh  To which I replied "U R mistaken" and asked if they would like the films.  However, they persisted with  :furious ....... so here's the screenies

Lynx, honestly, posting this and winning the argument is like winning a race in the Special Olympics.

Sure, you won.
But you beat a...
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »
The question you've yet to answer, is was this the first merge?

If it was the first merge it's (IMO) poor form to take the shot...  But if this all happened during the course of the fight, I don't really know what Bodhi expects. 
Doesnt matter in this situation hes got bombs on his plane, he aint planning to dogfight anyone

LYNX, why is your mossie engine smoking aye you been ho people again  :D LYNX is a great pilot he waxed me the other day in a yak I just couldnt get my kis flaps out but he was still gettin behind me somehow :huh
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
I had a fight with Joey's P-51D (of tonyjoey) in a 38L the other day, and he tried for the Head-On shot in the initial merge.  I tried to avoid the Head-On, took a ping, and went on to shoot him down.  Then I asked "why did you HO on the initial merge?"  He answered "I didn't HO, that was a front quarter shot."  Yeah, only because I didn't try to HO too. :lol :rolleyes:

I'm surprised at TJ...he's been doing a lot of HO'ing lately in his 51D.  Not his normal MO.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Raygun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 01:00:19 PM »
I don't remember flying last night.  So likely I was intoxicated.  Apologies to you if I was rude.

Nice save.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Ingame name: Apollo

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2009, 11:48:20 PM »
From the trainers site.

"Impossible" Shots

Another phenomenon caused by lag is taking hits from "impossible" angles or even after the attacker has already passed you. While more of an annoyance than a contentious issue, understanding how it happens can help you defend against it.

As already discussed, lag causes a different reality on different front-ends. This difference in reality can allow an attacker to shoot when the defender thinks he is safely outside the attacker's line of fire. Unlike collisions, if you opponent scores hits on your plane on his front end, the damage caused by those hits is assessed against your plane. Again we are only talking 1/10’s of seconds and a few extra feet of maneuver space, but it still may be the difference between having a shot opportunity and not having one. This is also how you can get shot after you have passed. Once the host receives hit data from Player 2's front-end, it sends the pings and damage to your front-end - all after you saw your opponent pass you!

This has been described as being like you are towing a target behind you. You can't see it but the enemy can and, if the enemy shoots the target, you take the hits! You can defend against this, though, by paying attention and getting a feel for the angles that people can get hits on you. Once you know this, you adjust your thinking accordingly.

Also what may appear to be an impossible shot during the heat of the moment really isn't.  The other night I would have sworn that Grizz shot me from an impossible angle, yet when I went back and reviewed MY film of the encounter it was obvious that he pulled the proper amount of lead and killed me fair and square.

The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 04:03:47 AM »

Good of you to come on 200 and apologise.  Anyways....game on  :salute