Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9194 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Oink !
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
If they are too lazy to squelch you it's their problem, not yours.

The problem it there are to many of them to squelch. When I fly (spy) nit I always start off by squelching the pigs because I know sooner or later one of them is going to land two kills in a spit16 and the text buffer is going to be spamed. Imagine if EVERY squad in AH did this. It wouldn't take long for HTC to step in and put and end to it. Squad WTGs should be kept on squad channel that's what its there for.

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
OINK! :salute
FREE A HAND...KILL A MUPPET! :aok

Now that is funny! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »
not all fly dweeb rides-I been limiting my ride list to learn them-I fly the kI-61,Spit 8 n 9,zeke,dhog an F6.I wouldnt call them dweeb rides.Gotta ride what the situation calls for.I love the 110 so I can detroy the . sesame street hideout.I chase the muppets so I can get a lil backseat time with miss piggy :D
been there destroyed that

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
I think it is a good way to promoting your squad.

How do you do it,  Yee Haw, moooo, chirp chirp, beep, baaaa, hissss?????

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »
not all fly dweeb rides-I been limiting my ride list to learn them-I fly ,Spit 8 n 9,.I wouldnt call them dweeb rides.

:lol    :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
As Vudak has pointed out, for me, there isn't any real important information on any channel, but for others, that may well not be the case, and when I play this game, I try to keep other player's considerations in scope.

This may seem small potatoes Bat, but it is a part of the "larger picture/problem" ... and that is "consideration" for others ... and true to form, the slumfest that the LW arenas have become will no doubt continue to be slumfests because it's the ... "it's all about me or my small microcosm"  attitude ... and the heck with all the other participants.

:aok

I agree with most if not all of that.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
As Vudak has pointed out, for me, there isn't any real important information on any channel, but for others, that may well not be the case, and when I play this game, I try to keep other player's considerations in scope.

This may seem small potatoes Bat, but it is a part of the "larger picture/problem" ... and that is "consideration" for others ... and true to form, the slumfest that the LW arenas have become will no doubt continue to be slumfests because it's the ... "it's all about me or my small microcosm"  attitude ... and the heck with all the other participants.

Fair point Slap, spoken well.  Obviously my first post in this thread was more than a little tounge in cheek.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
Don't stop a long standing squad tradition just because there are those who look down their condecending noses and want to tell you how you play your $15 bucks. 

If they are too lazy to squelch you it's their problem, not yours.

Oink!  :salute

ROX
Rox compare it to how we used "squeeeeee" in the stompers.  It was mainly used squad channel as a <S> and as a greeting to all when entering an arena.  If one of our friends on another country saluted us with it on 200 then it was returned. Never did we spam 200 or country channel when  one of us landing kills with "squeeee". It was a squad thing and that is where it was for the most part kept.

That being said the consternation over "OINK" is quite amusing. I laugh at both it's overuse in the arena and people whining about it. It is an attempt at self promotion.... period.

I hope you take this in the spirit intended... a different opinion from a former squad member and a very old friend.

See you up <S>
See Rule #4

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
OINK !!!!  :aok

Hey you POTW better not stop !!!  

I and every generation of my ancestors since coming to this country have fought in every war this nation has waged so that you can have the right to OINK !!!!  

So OINK On  Brudda !!!!   :aok

And for those that have a problem with this...... I know where you can get a Cranialrectectemy reeeeel cheap !!!

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
Mahne     Mahne  :rock

:rofl

The Muppets will get  :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »
OINK! :salute
FREE A HAND...KILL A MUPPET! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Oh look another thread for Junky to meet his daily spam quota in.

The oinking is just the icing on the cake.
-AoM-

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »
I have played for 7+ years on Aces High and up until this year, I have never seen repeated "oinks" by POTW squad mates on country channel like I do now ... so this phenomenon is not steeped in history.

Same here, didn't see it until fall of 07.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
I'll also say that up until less than a year ago I had no problems with POTW. When they were a normal sized squad for all those years they were great. I flew with guys like JoLLy all the time (not under this name). I almost joined POTW.
Things changed when you were more concerned with filling 3 wings.
-AoM-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 04:23:09 PM »
I'll also say that up until less than a year ago I had no problems with POTW. When they were a normal sized squad for all those years they were great. I flew with guys like JoLLy all the time (not under this name). I almost joined POTW.
Things changed when you were more concerned with filling 3 wings.

You changed, not POTW.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.