Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9158 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Oink !
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
An ultimatum!  (did I spell that right? :D )
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »
Each squadron develops their own personality, and style over time. The oinking is fine, its the channel they are doing it on that is causing the problem. Some squadrons announce "horrido" when they get a kill. But they don't do it on country channel. And they don't have 20 or more guys all OINKING at once spamming the channel.

Pull it back to squad text or vox and knock their sox off.
Its simply a matter of respect and consideration for everyone else to not spam country channel that way.
And how you handle this issue will decide for many if your squadron should be respected or not. Your choice.

This is well put.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
Many people mistake being known, even for bad behaviour, as the same as respect. It is not. Ghosth is right on.

Regards,

Hammer

You're a real mean person for suggesting this.  You are trying to get their squad disbanded and "band the oinking".  You are a bad man.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Each squadron develops their own personality, and style over time. The oinking is fine, its the channel they are doing it on that is causing the problem. Some squadrons announce "horrido" when they get a kill. But they don't do it on country channel. And they don't have 20 or more guys all OINKING at once spamming the channel.

Pull it back to squad text or vox and knock their sox off.
Its simply a matter of respect and consideration for everyone else to not spam country channel that way.
And how you handle this issue will decide for many if your squadron should be respected or not. Your choice.

Okay...your missing an important point here ghost.  If you read this thread and the other titled "muppets" you will quickly see that there are almost no knights who have a problem with this.  This is all being driven by a squad/club who feels it is in their domain to country hop (no problem there) AND then have the right to tell each country what is kosher.  I'm sure if I was a knight I would find it harmless and fun.  In bish land the Sick Pups have a similar tradition of typing "wtg <cpid> you sic pup you.  Other bish join in as well and it is fun.  Leaders like Ghi, Busher, Joker, Falcon23 etc often get 7-8 wtgs when they land kills.  LTARS get a lot of congrats.

If you attend sport games each teams fans have their own tradition of chant or cheer or song that makes them feel special...im sure it annoys the crap out of some but it coms witht he territory.

So if the majority of the folks could care less or enjoy it as part of the virtual comradery...why do a vocal group of elitists feel they need to shut it down??? 

If it is against the rules turn them in to hitech and see what occurs...

Good grief...some folks need to look in the mirror and get a life :rofl

Otherwise people need to quit trying to bully folks into
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
You have no recent(within last year) evidence of what you accuse me of....if so, post it.  If I see nothing posted in the next 24 hours...I will expect a public apology! :aok

I appologise that you misunderstand my point. We have room for one Skyrock, but not a whole squad with the same overpowering message that only benifits 1 in 20. The weight of pure Skyrockishness could be a force that we as a community could not handle indefinitely...and currently not many people who have not got it are getting it...head...meet brick wall...Its really not changing anything.

Nobody is pleasant all the time, and not many people can manage to be nasty all of the time either. Life as anything other than an individual requires certain balance....you know this.

How about if muppets stop trying to make every body play a certain way then POTW would agree to oink mostly on squad channel. This sounds like a fair deal to me. Ah but then I would have to stop playing devil's advocate too. I realise by even thinking you might care about a logical reply to this thread that I myself am trying to change how you are doing things. So i admit that not only am i being a hypocrit, banging my head against a brick wall the same as you all and generally wearing out the lifespan of my keyboard and eyeballs in this attempt to communicate...I am also delightfully able to not give a stuff about any of it at the same time.

On second thoughts, keep at it.  :aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
doh!  :)

see your sig! I guess I was a bully to the wrong person a few weeks ago! *grin*
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »
I'm sure if I was a knight I would find it harmless and fun.

Then again ... you might not.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
WOW! I actually agree with Falconweenie this time. :eek:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:48 AM »
I
How about if muppets stop trying to make every body play a certain way

There are many non muppets who have posted in this thread, about feelign that "oink" is spam. It is convenient for your argument to ignore this, if disingenuous.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »
Just like it is an advantage for you to quote and defy one little sentance in what, if read through and actualy listened to, is quite a profound and self damning post.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »
Just like it is an advantage for you to quote and defy one little sentance in what, if read through and actualy listened to, is quite a profound and self damning post.

This was your quote but more directed at falcon and Waystin. They have both tried to ignore the fact that many non muppets have voiced concern over their "Oink" and they also have falsely cast the muppets as a whole as feeling this way. There are several muppets, including myself, who could care less about the oinking.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
I agree with that, What you have to endure for being such a high profile, in your face and generally highly respected group of people. People notice muppets doing more because people notice muppet more in general.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45:56 AM »
Look guys,

BOTH sides have several very valid points.  But, this is an online GAME.  It seems far too many folks (on BOTH sides of this "argument") are forgetting this.  I could care less if you are a muppet, a puppet, or a ventriliquist, a pig, or a cow.  I have made many friends within POTW and the guys in the squad are good people just out to enjoy themselves.  The same goes for the people from the Muppets i have talked to, as well as many other squads.  Everyone is entitled to thier opinions, however, this bickering back and forth solves nothing.  Muppets cannot "force" Pigs to do anything, nor can the Pigs "force" the muppets or anyone else to see things thier way.  Take a step back, a deep breath, and remember, this is a GAME. We pay to have FUN.  Do the oinks really hurt anyone? think about it... no harm done by typing oink.  I respect the muppets, and hope I recieve the same respect in return.  We as individuals, and as organized squads, can learn something from each other person, and squad.  The Muppets are great sticks.  The Pigs have unreal Esprit De Corps (spelling?).  As I have always said, the day we quit learning, is the day we should be gone from this world.  (virtual or real, your pick  :devil )

<S> Muppets
<S> Pigs
<S> All friends and foes in AH

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life