Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9129 times)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
Re: Oink !
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »
If I were to pad my score, the l337 poison red scorpion F-18  would be the choice.   :aok
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
51s were before i joined the AoM the most killz every month for me. :D

What plane is it now? (last few months, I kill more 51's than any single bomber or fighter)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
So  you are saying you could do this on a regular basis? I'd like to see that.

Mkay. 

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
 If I really wanted a 'good' fighter rank there is only one plane worth flying, the tempest. Anything that has no 20mm cannon takes alot of skill to make kills in.  Any of the 109G-K series are easier to get highly ranked in than a p51.
The only card the rustang holds is speed to escape death. Not dying is not enough to get a high fighter rank.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2009, 09:04:55 PM »
What plane is it now? (last few months, I kill more 51's than any single bomber or fighter)

lol just checked, 51 still number one slot

32 killz of 51s
 15 killz of spit 16

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

32 killz of 51s
 15 killz of spit 16

Too many people flying them poorly?  Expecting more out of them(due to history) than it can deliver? It's a Noob magnet?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2009, 09:22:16 PM »
If I really wanted a 'good' fighter rank there is only one plane worth flying, the tempest. Anything that has no 20mm cannon takes alot of skill to make kills in.  Any of the 109G-K series are easier to get highly ranked in than a p51.
The only card the rustang holds is speed to escape death. Not dying is not enough to get a high fighter rank.

And to me it's fun to try and get #1 fighter rank in harder planes, such as what I've been using this month, the yak. The plane is a monster, but it isn't very good for the BnZ role that score potatoes use their planes in. You have to get down and dirty,and in close to get kills in the yak, making it more difficult to stay alive in. This is what makes it fun for me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
Too many people flying them poorly?  Expecting more out of them(due to history) than it can deliver? It's a Noob magnet?

that's the truth of it, Ive only come across two maybe three in the 51 that truly are great in it,  you being one, and OLDemon, that guy is sick in it he knows it the way I know my Hurri I was very impressed with him after a fight we had.

I still remember the fight we had in that same match up -hurri vs 51, that ended in a stale mate, you flew it different then he did in the sense that you used your E awesomely never giving me the shot,never getting the shot he turned with me, got the jump on me, surprised the crap outta me  :lol
I did end up killing him (only because of the hurri's turning ability)

<S>
steve  see ya in the air.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
If I were to pad my score, the 51D would be the choice.   :aok

Tempest all day long, 4x hizookas combined with being the fastest prop plane. Hard to beat for scorewhoring and massmurder :)

Personally I've killed more spit16s at 41, p51s at 33.. surprisingly enough K4 comes in at third with 24. Incidentally the plane I've been killed by the most.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2009, 01:17:45 PM »
If I were to pad my score, the 51D would be the choice.   :aok

I think your difinition of 'padding' utilizes a very broad brush.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
No way I'm going to read 16 pages. I'd have replied on page 1 if I'd had the time to get in here to do so. I've only just seen this.

Lately is not as bad, but at the time I and many others were upset over the "oinks" they were spamming 2-3 pages full of text buffer for a single guy landing 3 kills in an easy-mode plane. We had a discussion in the arena but it's not the first and won't be the last.

As somebody said, it's NOT something they've got steeped in history, because for the past 7 years they haven't been spamming the "oinks" like they were not too long ago.

After the outcry for them to stop, they have restrained themselves noticably (and I have noticed, thank you PotW), but it was  SERIOUSLY out of hand, to the point of disrupting any and all text communication in the arena. You literally could not read what was going on because multiple screens of self-congratulation.

Hell most of the time they're not even landing that many kills. I don't expect a "WTFG!!!!" if I land 2 kills in a spit16 (and look down upon folks that think this is a great acheivement, I freely admit), and I expect/hope that people will realize they don't need to react this way if the deeds lack merit enough for the cheers.

What next, we get a rousing chorus of 50 lines on text just for somebody joining the arena? Take it to squad chan. That's what my squaddies do most of the time.

So, basically at the time of the outcry it was very much an issue. The Pigs (good folk don't get me wrong) have digested the discussions, taken in the reactions, and modified their behavior, and I thank them for it. I consider the problem no longer to be an issue, currently.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »
Not like Country ch is a wealth of information anyways...
the average info within one buffer space-

12983084: ENEMY ON ME!!!**&
zoozoo: teh nits stink they all HO
joe12: How I takeoff?
20498: to your left
tripl5: YOU TARDS R LOSIN TEH WAR!

Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »

32 killz of 51s
 15 killz of spit 16

Interesting.  It's 109Ks for me with 10 kills.  Of course I've died most to 109Ks too with 8 deaths :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2009, 08:35:46 AM »
I think your difinition of 'padding' utilizes a very broad brush.  :rolleyes:

I think the initial accusation utilizes a very broad brush.   :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2009, 08:46:56 AM »
There is only one job that a broad brush wont do well, that is painting the tight edges near the ceiling and skirting boards.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.