Author Topic: Can this be done?  (Read 454 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Can this be done?
« on: March 14, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »
Can the upload of AvA setups be programmed to change automatically?  For example, in the other flight sim I found a great server that has axis-vs-allies setups, but which automatically changes after one side loses about 80 aircraft; about once every two hours or so.  For example, the other day I log on and it's Beaufighters vs 110s; the server changes, and it's January '45 over the low countries; server changes again, and it's the Eastern front in '42.  Very cool stuff.

Here's a list of the matchups I've seen:

• CR.42 vs Gladiator over the desert
  • C.202/200 vs P-40
  • 109F-2, Iar-80 vs Il-2
  • Late-war Pacific
  • 110s vs Beaufighters in a battle over shipping targets near Malta
  • 109F-4, 110, Ju-88 vs Yak-1, Mig-3 and Il-2
  • January '45 over the low countries
...and so on.

I know we don't have all these aircraft, but the constant variety of aircraft could spice things up a bit.  The curiosity to find out what's coming up next keeps me logged on, over there.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: Can this be done?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
Can the upload of AvA setups be programmed to change automatically? 

I asked skuzzy about this a couple of months ago.  The short answer is that it is not currently possible.

From Skuzzy:
Quote from: skuzzy
There is an arena variable which turns on map rotation (i.e. winning the war).  Once enabled there is a list of maps stored in an SQL table which contain the maps, and the order they are to be rotated through.
No custom tables can be loaded at this time, nor does it allow for the maps to be rotated based on time

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Can this be done?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:41:50 PM »
Wow! Soda you are on it!  :aok  I'm all for the ZEN stuff. 

Sounds to me that Skuzzy has JOB SECURITY!  :D  I for one appreciate all you folks who push the buttons to make the cartoon war happen. :salute  Except for the ones that push the buttons that make me go ...... boom.... :(