Author Topic: Ki-84  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Ki-84
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
Considering the P-38 is an easymode fighter, not sure how that works out.

You have, obviously, never seen me fly one.  :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »
Why would I?  P-38 is cake to use in my experience and quite easy to kill with.  The Ki-84 is a bit better defensively though.

Regardless of the opinion held about the aircraft, exclusively, the fact that it remains a large, flying bullseye would make up for any perceived ease of use.

I swear when I am in the B-38 (not a typo), the dweeby-types will break off from another A/C's dead six to come take a run at me.

I think Del said it best when he was flying the K4, one night a few months back: "I feel downright invisible in this thing."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
Yeah, I don't see the comparison either 420.  What could be more different about these two aircraft? :)

Flaps and vertical ability. 

As for the person that is complaining about being able to fly the Ki-84 and not the P-38, you're just doing something wrong and should go see a trainer for some help.  Any move you can do in the Ki-84 you can easily pull off in the P-38, it's just knowing how to fly the P-38.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Flaps and vertical ability. 

As for the person that is complaining about being able to fly the Ki-84 and not the P-38, you're just doing something wrong and should go see a trainer for some help.  Any move you can do in the Ki-84 you can easily pull off in the P-38, it's just knowing how to fly the P-38.

ack-ack

That was great help...   :confused:

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
That was great help...   :confused:

I suggested the person go to a trainer and seek some assistance, how is that not helping?  What better assistance than that of a trainer for someone that can't fly the P-38 very well?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 03:55:55 PM »
Why would I?  P-38 is cake to use in my experience and quite easy to kill with.  The Ki-84 is a bit better defensively though.

Quite easy to kill with if you pick all day long, yes.  Getting low and slow stall fights with Spits, 109s, etc...  not so easy.  Succeeding, like myself sometimes (but I'm just lucky  :rolleyes:), is even harder.

You have, obviously, never seen me fly one.  :)

Come on Skuzzy..it can't be THAT bad!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
Quite easy to kill with if you pick all day long, yes.  Getting low and slow stall fights with Spits, 109s, etc...  not so easy.  Succeeding, like myself sometimes (but I'm just lucky  :rolleyes:), is even harder.
My first even landing of 8 kills was done with a P-38L, none of which was picking or vulching.  It was in the canyons on the old Pizza map.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
* edit
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:13:27 PM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 12:18:20 AM »

RUN when you get against an LA though, you can't outrun and can't outturn.  Like I said, it doesn't uber excel in any of these categories. 

Kidding? The LA doens't stand a chance in a 1 vs 1 against a Ki, it's only option is to run.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
If the Ki-84 were given the same treatment as other aircraft, given good materiels and good fuel - it will outperform any U.S. plane in just about every catagory except above 20k or so. . . and since we have so few fights up that high, it would become a true poney killer.

In IL2 they did this and it is arguably one of the best planes in that game, in here, its a little nurfed because the Japanese simply could not produce the good fuel needed.  However, it did have self-sealing fuel tanks. . . which really helped a lot.

Its a great plane, and I would fly it more. . . but I am tying to master the Yak-9 right now. . .and thats going to take a long time.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »
The good ki-84 sticks drain the fuel from the wings on transit to the fight :aok
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!    :)
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2009, 01:15:30 AM »
Wow! Necro-bump on Wilbus' part!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 01:37:02 AM »
If the Ki-84 were given the same treatment as other aircraft, given good materiels and good fuel - it will outperform any U.S. plane in just about every catagory except above 20k or so. . . and since we have so few fights up that high, it would become a true poney killer.

In IL2 they did this and it is arguably one of the best planes in that game, in here, its a little nurfed because the Japanese simply could not produce the good fuel needed.  However, it did have self-sealing fuel tanks. . . which really helped a lot.

Its a great plane, and I would fly it more. . . but I am tying to master the Yak-9 right now. . .and thats going to take a long time.

I've always wondered why the Ki is the only plane in game that was nerfed for fuel quality.  Seems pretty BS to me.  They didn't model the Komet's propensity for self-immolation, or the 262's crap stained engines.... As well, Japanese Avgas was of equal quality (around 130 octane) until mid 1944.  The Ki84 first flew in 1943, March.

As well, I believe the American set is modeled with 150 octane (I could be wrong).... of which, though in production, wasn't available to the front (and very limited) until very late 1944.  130 Octane was used on most flights. 
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »
Hello Wilbuz, :aok

Do you still have a copy of the movie Morpheus edited together, featuring your imba Ki-84 sortie? I lost my copy and back up copy. :(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:46:59 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 01:45:22 AM »
I've always wondered why the Ki is the only plane in game that was nerfed for fuel quality.  Seems pretty BS to me.  They didn't model the Komet's propensity for self-immolation, or the 262's crap stained engines.... As well, Japanese Avgas was of equal quality (around 130 octane) until mid 1944.  The Ki84 first flew in 1943, March.

As well, I believe the American set is modeled with 150 octane (I could be wrong).... of which, though in production, wasn't available to the front (and very limited) until very late 1944.  130 Octane was used on most flights. 

I don't think a single plane in game uses 150 grade fuel.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:47:10 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."