Author Topic: Screen-Shot Gold  (Read 2961 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Screen-Shot Gold
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
I have to confess Pigs on the Wing has done this before...just another place to spam :D

looked like this though
JunkyII landed 6 victories in a Tempest of Pigs on the Wing
Saberone landed 6 victories in a Tempest of Pigs on the Wing

come on you know thats sexy :aok
 :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »

Dale, since the DA gameplay is identical to MA and during peak hours has 50+ players, why is the All channel enabled?  Shouldn't you fix the arena or accept it as another MA and disable the All Channel?

It's just Ch.200 that you can't detune.  You realise it is enabled in every arena except Late War, don't you?

I have to confess Pigs on the Wing has done this before...just another place to spam :D

looked like this though

Same ol', same ol'.  More "landed" in a Tempest while ganging i the DA.  I fail to see the significance.  Just like whoever wanted to "invade" the DA with perk rides and kill everyone.  It's the norm in there.

Lead by example.  Obviously there is no reprehensible behavior going on in the DA if everyone threatens to go do in there what is accepted in there already.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »
I'll land kills in the DA if I get 6 or 7 in a P-39 or P-40, or 10 in a 109G-6 (no rearms), just to show them what an average stick like me can do that against their Tempests and C-Hogs. :P  Otherwise I ditch or bail to get a new plane if I'm not already shot down before I run out of ammo.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:12:47 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 05:25:14 PM »
Matter of opinion here folks.  If I am not in the furball area and we are truly dueling, I don't usual land kills.  I won't say that I haven't, it just depends on if I am deliberately trying to ruffle someone.

Now, in the furball area and I have successfully fought through some tough battles against a larger number or someone has tried to prevent me from a rearm by vulching, I sure as heck am gonna land "in yo face".  Yes, even when trying to get newer players on the same country to adjust their tactics, I will land kills to show that you can survive if you don't dive in on the first target and use SA.

The flip side, I will vulch a perked plane trying to land..... :devil  Just the mean part of me, wanting to say what's the point of furballing if you just want to have some huge advantage? 

I can remember taking a squadee there once to boost his confidence as a fighter pilot, since he rarely flew fighters.  We upped a couple of Wildcats and after a few sortees he was landing kills and with out me as a wingman.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
Only time I'll land in the DA (even though i NEVER fly in there) is when I've got 5-7+ kills in a non-uber plane (P51, Temp, Chog, LA, etc)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

looked like this though

Pathetic.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
 :noid
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »
It's just Ch.200 that you can't detune.  You realise it is enabled in every arena except Late War, don't you?

Yeah, that was my point.  The two are the same during peak hours.  Except there are more loud mouths in the DA.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »
Good plane choice :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »
Player quality in there is horrible. A few weeks ago I uppd a D40 (was inspired by Tec  :lol) ; leveled off as soon as my wheels were up, and headed into the kiddie pool. I just TnBed with everything I saw (what the arena is for) I out-turned Spits, C-Hogs, -4s, La-7s, temps...every uber ride in the game with relative ease. I ended up getting 10 kills before I ditched and upped again. I laugh when someone says "if you want a fair fight, go to the DA"...because honestly, the play quality is WAY worse in there than it is in LW.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 06:25:30 PM »
Maybe the D40 is just that uber?

:noid
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »
Maybe the D40 is just that uber?

:lol  Like I said in my post...that fight you and I had made me want to go try it out.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »
The one thing I would change in this game is the landed kills messages.  I think folks get so addicted to their 'attaboys' that they fight timid and only when they know they can avoid the risk of 'dying'. 

About the only time I land is if I'm deadstick or so broken up that I can't continue to fight.  With no real death, no objective in the MA beyond the fight, I find it pointless.  In a scenario, FSO or Snapshot, living counts for something, but in the MA I don't buy it.

It's an age old argument I know, and folks have all kinds of justifications for flying 'safe', but the other night was a prime example for me.  A guy is comparing his K/D and score with another guy and using it as justification for his being a better stick.  Problem is he was fighting only with the advantage while the other guy was wading into the horde.  And no I'm not referring to me as the guy he was talking to.

I later ran into this guy 5K above me but 1 v 1 for the moment.  He dove in, tried to shoot me in the face, missed, I out turned him 38G to Spit 8 and he called in help 'because he was out of cannon' shells.  He naturally landed his kills.  Clearly the ego was too fragile to handle getting beat 1 v 1 despite his starting with all the cards.

To each his own, and if that's how he wants to play it, the 15 bucks are his, but it emphasizes the meaninglessness of kills landed or scoring as a measure of anything.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
CorkyJr, you are a rare bird indeed sir. The other night when I seen you on, I wanted to have a go at ya and you said you were coming in at 2k :lol I knew right then I would be in deep dodo fast. So I see ya at 2k, me at 5k, I dive in and take a swipe and two other clowns jumped in so I flew off not wanting to be a part of the gang.

Don't you get tired of folks doing that to you? On the rare occasions I do see you online, I've yet to see you off the deck and not having a swarm around you. You can more then likely clean the arena out if you wanted to, but you seem to always put yourself at a disadvantage. If there is anyone in this game that's in it just for the "fight"......it has to be you.

We need a thousand more guys just like you.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »
Pathetic.

ack-ack
Ok mr I got balls online, love to see an attitude like that in front of me, thats when you start seeing people getting choked out, was a joke when we did it bud :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"