Author Topic: New german tank destroyer  (Read 692 times)

Offline CrosFire

• Copper Member
New german tank destroyer
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
The elephant/Ferdinand tank destroyer this tank was used in Kursk and in Italy but I'm not sure if it has enough produced to be put in the game but it would also require turning in place because it does not have a traversable turret 

feel free to tell me this should wait but i think it would be a good addition
When he gets to heaven to St.Peter he will tell one more marine reporting sir Ive served my time in hell. -Marine on the "Canal"

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: New german tank destroyer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »
[miss cleo] Jah man, dah spirits be telling me joo like dem dar Millitary Channel.[/miss cleo]
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:38:39 PM »
Sure thing and every plane with peashooters will turret you first pass with that nice open turret.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:12 PM »
lol, right after Tank Overhaul.

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
Sure thing and every plane with peashooters will turret you first pass with that nice open turret.
You making fun of my pistol?  :lol
I should just parachute down with my pistol and pop every crewmen in the forehead.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »
seen it on tank overhaul they did a real good job. Would end up a hanger queen with no turret.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »
I'd actually like to see the *panther* or the Comet I (A34), but the Elephant would be great for hammering a town, but it would suffer in a tank battle where everything is moving around and would suck for spawn camping :rofl
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
but the Elephant would be great for hammering a town,

I doubt that. Only 55 rounds of ammo (Tiger has 92) and being a pure tank destroyer only a fraction of that might be actually HE ammo. The elefant would pale as a town kiler in comparison to Wirbelwind, Ostwind or even the T34/76. No turret= Easy prey for M8 rushing from the field.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:27 AM »
I doubt that. Only 55 rounds of ammo (Tiger has 92) and being a pure tank destroyer only a fraction of that might be actually HE ammo. The elefant would pale as a town kiler in comparison to Wirbelwind, Ostwind or even the T34/76. No turret= Easy prey for M8 rushing from the field.

Sorry I was referring to its only use in the MA....I was suggesting it would be almost useless in any other reguards.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:04:09 AM »
Sorry I was referring to its only use in the MA....I was suggesting it would be almost useless in any other reguards.

I think it would be more useful in the defense of Vbases and towns, depending on enemy spawn point location, terrain and possible routes for inbound attackers. Could be quite nasty in some of the canyons.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:44 AM »
Could be quite nasty in some of the canyons.

awwwww I see your point on this one, and that was the one biggest thing against it, the open terrain and the lack of horizontal movement, something would have to be directly in front of it to get shot by it. 

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:52 AM »
moin

first: the ferdinand didnt have an open turet.

secound: his gun has more power as the tiger. it is the same gun from the kingtiger. so he doesnt need a movable turet because he engage the enemy from long range  ;).

it would be a usefull think ,im for it  :aok

cu chris3

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 03:26:25 AM »
The Tank Overhaul on this tank basically said this tank sucked. Slow and lots of motor problems.
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 03:35:30 AM »
The Tank Overhaul on this tank basically said this tank sucked. Slow and lots of motor problems.

Motor problems are not modeled in AH (lucky 262 :D)
And if used defensively, speed is not a real issue either - I would even go so far that it's making it more interesting tactically: Your town under attack - Should you drive a fast T34, a more powerful but slower Tiger or this massive, but slow tortoise to defend it?

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 04:37:34 AM »
Motor problems are not modeled in AH (lucky 262 :D)
And if used defensively, speed is not a real issue either - I would even go so far that it's making it more interesting tactically: Your town under attack - Should you drive a fast T34, a more powerful but slower Tiger or this massive, but slow tortoise to defend it?

moin

if the enemy is close to town the t34 would be the better choice but if you knew there will come an attack in a few mins i would use the elefant/ferdinant.
but you can use it in an attack too, for example it can save the attack of ouer tankplatton from behind  :), expezialy if he has a hill position.

cu chris3