Author Topic: DA Lake  (Read 2987 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: DA Lake
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »

Actually landing more than 5 kills in the DA is not that easy....getting them might be but avoiding the gangs of pick tards to get hm is not. If your leaking some fuel or have had your oil blown out you will become an A#1 prime target for the people in there. Kinda like wounded fish or animal in the wild.

It's easy unless you're a headless chicken. The skill level is so incredibly low and rarely increases due to the fact that they just do the same thing over and over again. Without learning jack.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
Someone has incriminated himself of being a numpty.... Should have pled the 5th.

:confused:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
The 5th amendment now protects freedom of speech?

Oh sure, leave it to the guy from philly to get all constitutional on us.

<S> hey there von

and furball lake is awful, I've been advocating its elimination for a long time.

Carry on.

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »
Oh sure, leave it to the guy from philly to get all constitutional on us.

<S> hey there von

and furball lake is awful, I've been advocating its elimination for a long time.

Carry on.

how about you just dont go there, why eliminate somthing that draws many players every night, many who pay to play this game just to go to the furball? if it pisses you off so much just dont go.
Invictus Maneo

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
i feel like i failed to mention that I'm talking about the furball lake, not dueling. dueling i get your point. but i feel the furball lake is a competitive area, and i care about my own k/d because i feel like it is an important stat. i also feel like a bunch of MA people are making negative comments about the DA. you don't play there why the hell do you care. all these unwritten rules, why don't they post an arena message so that we all get a clue, maybe us DAers would learn a lession. If you high and mighty MA guys hate the DA so much don't go!

p.s.  this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Dude.....there have sooooo many threads on furball lake. They ALL end up like this thread. That should tell you something about what the "community" thinks about it. I personally have spent endless hours in the furball area trying talk sense into those dweebs. Especially Spacy and some of the others. They don't care. They don't fly to win anything. They could care less about "dog fighting". They fly to "shoot stuff". Their idea is to fly in a hord and gang every single contact. To them it is fun to do that and see who can get the kill first. Their mentality is that of a child who plays an arcade game.

Furball lake IS NOT a "competitve area" as you might think. There is no skill involved in flying off a mountain at 5k and entering the fight with endless energy and calling out on radio...help I got somebody on my six...then having 5 or more guys come in from 10 k and pick you to death. That is not competition.

It is more of a "Gladiator areana" where there is a GANG who rome around and as soon as they see some guy in the corner duking it out they run over and all 10 of them beat up one guy. Then chant "we are the champions"...like the accomplished something.

Now furball lake is what it is. I agree don't go there unless you are up to getting ganged. But that doesn't change the fact that it is filled with skilless gang tards. The ONLY reason I go there is to practice reversals. To me it doesn't matter that I get ganged. I just practice reversing all of them one after the other. So its good for one thing to me....simple practice against drones.

OH and you won't get any of them to do a private dual. Don't even ask. All you will get is a bunch of "1v1 proves nothing..thats not real fighting...etc..."

Here is what happens when I go there

Agent ups from field flys in at 5k...trolls around looking for a merge....2 turns later the guy is dead.

Now over on rook side the radio goes:
Agent is here...OMG....Oh S. .....in the k4..he is knit. Lets all gang him cause he is one of those MA guys who thinks we are dweebs.

I up again fly over at 5k. I can see them coming. ALL of them. So I end up fighting zeeks and diving temps. I get killed almost immediatly.

This repeats a few times.

No I up and stay off the sides looking for a 1/2/3 vs me fight. No takers. I get close enough to bait one out. The min he looses his gang tard friends icons he turns and flys back. Now they won't fight at all unless they can all gang one player.

Now I have two choices...get a dweeb ride like a temp or niki. Fly to 20k and spend my time BZ picking.....BOOOORRRRIIIINNNN GGGG.
or
Fly in my friendly hord and fight for kills in the gang........BOOOORRRIIINNNGGG and STUUPPPPPIDDDD

I have NEVER heard anyone say on the radio....back off I got this guy...with only a few exceptions of players who know me. I have NEVER seen anyone take it upon them self to fly high over a fight and GUARD the 1v1 against the pickers.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »
Precisely. Defensive ACM in furball area = WEP/100% at all times - Jerk stick around not even looking back while crying out on vox. Offensive = turn tracers off, up nik, spray and hope for your cherry to come good.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
No I up and stay off the sides looking for a 1/2/3 vs me fight. No takers. I get close enough to bait one out. The min he looses his gang tard friends icons he turns and flys back. Now they won't fight at all unless they can all gang one player.

Now I have two choices...get a dweeb ride like a temp or niki. Fly to 20k and spend my time BZ picking.....BOOOORRRRIIIINNNN GGGG.
or
Fly in my friendly hord and fight for kills in the gang........BOOOORRRIIINNNGGG and STUUPPPPPIDDDD

I have NEVER heard anyone say on the radio....back off I got this guy...with only a few exceptions of players who know me. I have NEVER seen anyone take it upon them self to fly high over a fight and GUARD the 1v1 against the pickers.

Seeing that scenario in the MA is what makes me take jug and go to the lake more and more...at least ya dont waste 10 min grabbing before 5 guys ho you simultaneously
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
To take a squad to the DA for a practice session is understandable but those who are DA only squads..... that is soo terribly laughable. Actually the correct terminology would be Furbal Lake Squad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
To take a squad to the DA for a practice session is understandable but those who are DA only squads..... that is soo terribly laughable. Actually the correct terminology would be Furbal Lake Squad.
'The Rowdy Ones'.... imagine Eaglehart's squad......ahh never mind

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 07:52:39 PM »
i just gota set the record straight that im not a fan of the average DA mentality either, gang and ho. im just trying to say that it provides fun for a lot of people even though it may not be the right way to play. why eliminate it if its fun for them? Im sure you know more than a few guys in this game that would be more than happy to do 1v1 battles. lately i have been spending a lot more time in the ma because i do think its a better quality environment as far as ACM goes. all im doing is saying why get rid of the DA, do you really want all the mindless dweebs in the ma anyways? i may have been sticking up for DA but i just hope you don't class me in the bunch of pickers and hoers out there, because i do appreciate ACM and am always trying to learn how to become a better AH stick. just dont try and change players into what they are not, if they dont want to learn the depths of this game and just want to point and shoot, why not let them be, they pay 15 bux a month to get the oportunity to point and shoot, let them be, just let them be.
Invictus Maneo

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »
I rolled a tempest there one night a few months back just to prove a point to the kiddies.  Landed over 10 kills each run, laughing at them the whole time.  Skyrock was there for the last few, we had a good laugh over it.

Furball lake is like the 1 foot deep kiddie pool when the deep pool is 10 feet away.  Why splash around with you swimmies on in 1 foot of water when you can do a header off the high dive?  People who hang exclusively in the DA have issues.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
And another thing...

I have repeatedly campaigned on vox and chat in DA about flying with wingmen. I had a lengthy conversation with TAS about flying as wingmen. I reasoned that if they want to fly in DA as a squad then fine. Just engage as wingmen pairs and not as a whole gang. I said if they have 10 guys on then split up in pairs and go rip up the lake. Noooo problem there.

In fact if that is what they did they would learn something and alomst everyone would have respect for them. They would find that there are many many players who would love to do 2v2. And that almost anyone would love a 1v2.

If the lake was a place where more wingmen flying went on that would be just awsome.

Furball lake is a source in instant action..we all want that at times...I do. It is possible to make the lake a better place. But it will take a lot more players to visit it more often. Currently it is controlled by one single squad. They have the whole AH community at bay.

I just don't understand why more squads haven't crashed the party and kicked the bullys off the playground.

We have called the teacher and she just waved and said play nice. I say its time to dispense some good ole "playground justice"

I aint afraid of no stinking bully gang. If anybody want to dispence some ownage PM me anytime I am on and I will wing......let the gladiator games begin!!!!!!!
 :devil

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 11:35:17 PM »
It's gotten so bad in there, that once a person landed 5 in a temp, and after a couple of minutes said, "No love for 5 kills?", cuz no one wtg'd him.  :rofl
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:46:52 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »
they took away 262's and 163's....mebbe next could be temps and -4's

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »
Generally speaking, you need to be good to have an ego.
Wrong-o!  All you need is to think your good to have an ego, no matter how wrong you may be. ;)

The Lake is an interesting place, that is for sure.  I went in there expecting the players to be similar to the MA's, I had a rude awakening.  The people being praised as "awesome sticks" were all flying perk rides sitting 5k above the fight.  Not to mention that once you get into a knife fight with them, they are next to useless.  Killed one who was in an F4U-4 with a B-Pony, man was he mad.  Not my fault he blew all his "E" in arguably the best ride in the game... :rolleyes:

Also, the amount of people that pick enemy aircraft that already have a friendly on their six (who worked hard to get there, by the way) is staggering.  I actually chewed someone out over it 'cause they just happened to be the one that put my over the edge (felt bad afterwards, ended up being a nice guy).

I've landed kills several times there before, usually because I'm out of ammo or fuel and I love landing.  Not the landing kills part, the landing the aircraft part, not sure why, but I find it immensely fun and always try to make it as smooth as possible.

Long story short, the MA is infinitely better than the DA in every way, particularly the people flying (skill and character) and the challenge of the fight.  I'll still stop in the DA when I'm looking for a quick fix, but nothing beats the MA! :aok
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D