Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
Hello All
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »
Hey all,

I've been with Fighter Ace since the late 97 and have decided that unfortunately due to those who administer that game, it has really gone stale fast.  A long time friend asked me to give this game a shot 2 years ago, but I guess its better to be late than not show at all.  I am now 2 days new and look forward to figuring out how to master this game.

-s-

Admiral

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
Welcome to Aces High. Spend some time at the trainers site, the link is in the header under the trainers  header. There is a lot more to this game than there was in FA. Ask your questions here, most will give you good answers, or point you toward an answer.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
Welcome Aboard Admiral! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
Welcome to Aces High. Fugitive is correct as he usually is. check out the Training Arena as well. there is also a Training Forums as well to ask for some help. best advise i can give you is film everything and keep up your spirits up cause the learning curve is STEAP Salute
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:59:35 PM by kilz »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »
I came over from FA a long time back. Welcome to your new addiction. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
welcome!
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »
Welcome to your new addiction. Like others say. ;)
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »
it has really gone stale fast.

What Do you mean Stale? I was recently thinking about giving Fighter ace a try. With their New Early jet warfare and Planes Aces High Dosen't have...And dosen't seem will get Anytime soon *hint hint* It seems like It may be better than AHII

IMO

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »
What Do you mean Stale? I was recently thinking about giving Fighter ace a try. With their New Early jet warfare and Planes Aces High Dosen't have...And dosen't seem will get Anytime soon *hint hint* It seems like It may be better than AHII

IMO

I gave FA a try recently while I took a short break here, I had played there before coming here as well back when AW closed its doors. Maybe I didn't give it a fair try but I found I couldn't enjoy the game play the same as I did here and with less than two weeks of my first month subscription gone I cancelled it.
I can't really put my finger on what the problem was but in those two weeks I was there I would say that the community was definitely less friendly towards newcomers than here in AH2. I know that's hard to believe with how some of the new guys think we treat them but it is how I found it. I went to the newbie room over there were beyond a certain rank they could only fly guns cold, I think this was meant to be so that they could help if you had any problems but what I saw was they flew to create a diversion so that squaddies of the high rankers could get the kill and advance. I came across this on numerous occasions. This wasn't my sole reason for leaving it was more the overall gameplay and seemingly little contrast between how the aircraft flew.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
Yup aces high does not need any of that since they are a WWII game. Far better than anything FA will be capable of IMHO.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
I too tried it out a couple of months back. I liked some of the set up there but gameplay and overall 'feel' seemed lacking. I didn't last a day there. I can't remember what I like in the set up, will look when I get home if I remember, but some of it I'd like to see in AH.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 05:02:50 AM »
Hey all,

I've been with Fighter Ace since the late 97 and have decided that unfortunately due to those who administer that game, it has really gone stale fast.  A long time friend asked me to give this game a shot 2 years ago, but I guess its better to be late than not show at all.  I am now 2 days new and look forward to figuring out how to master this game.

-s-

Admiral

2 years???  think it has been more like 4.   It's about time.

Hopefully you get that trial thing sorted out but lets face it.  If you want to fly ww2 planes online your going to need a sub here and nowhere else.   Your always welcome on our new vent server m8,   Hopefully I can return the favour and help you along with this game.

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »
welcome aboard :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 08:05:33 AM »

IMO

You can't do Air Combat through the cockpit like Aces High. You don't have your own gunsight, you have what looks like a dull cross. No way to control the balance between the best/worst planes, so in the WWII Arena, you see everyone in F4U4C's (The Korean War Era F4U).

Not to be bashing Fighter Ace, but after so long of Aces High, you'll hate it.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
Another FAer comes to his senses. Glad to see you made the move. Just be patient and don't be afraid to ask for help,you will get it here.
 I left FA about the same time as BRUV and love this SIM.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks