Author Topic: HOing whinners  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: HOing whinners
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »
I thought a HO by definition meant both planes had the shot and one plane took the opportunity. When I come around after the first merge and I have brought my nose around faster than the other guy (hence, I have a shot, he does not) I will take the shot and if I was right about the definition of the HO I am clear of all charges.  :D

But ya know what? It's not worth the whine - if you get HOed, you didn't move out of the way quick enough and you still lost the fight. Shrug it off and re-up a new cartoon plane.

Most of the time, when someone goes for the HO on the initial merge he probably doesn't have the ability to turn on you during the second merge... Learning to dodge the HO and maneuvering against the guy on the first turn takes some practice but it's worth it in the end.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:57:03 PM by Qrsu »
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »
If you remember the last times we fought (which were excellent fights I might add), there was never a point where I presented/positioned myself to be anywhere near a collision. I work angles ... and when working angles, putting my plane into a collision path would only mean that I am doing a real crappy job at "angles". If I work the angles correctly, then I will never really have to worry about a collision.

Now, if I didn't work the angles correctly and find myself having to avoid a collision ...then by all means kill me with impunity, because I deserved it.
Makes sense, ok thanks. Oh and I enjoyed those fights we had as well.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »

But ya know what? It's not worth the whine - if you get HOed, you didn't move out of the way quick enough and you still lost the fight. Shrug it off and re-up a new cartoon plane.

Well, I dodge about 99% of HO's....but after I turn the Hoer and kill him....I still type HOtwit on 200.....to let him know the error of his ways! :aok

:devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
Well, I dodge about 99% of HO's....but after I turn the Hoer and kill him....I still type HOtwit on 200.....to let him know the error of his ways! :aok

He's still a twit for hoing, so you're justified.  :aok
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »

Ya!   I type " HO DENIED!, (pilot name here) is on the tower."                        :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2009, 05:14:27 PM »
Host; Another Ho waisted
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2009, 08:08:06 PM »
 :rofl keep em coming, I like them....maybe even change my 200 post to one of the new, more better, posts!  :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »
I don't even bother since 90% of the populus HO's.  Too much effort to try to stick it to them all.   :furious

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
Guns are pointed forward for a reason.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »
I try not to HO but if someone is doing a lead turn so damn early that I can see his whole plane from nose to tail, you better believe I will take the shot.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Haplo81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »
If its not the Ho whine, its the hoard whine, or the vulch whine.  I just want some cheese with my wine :lol
**Jokers Jokers ** CO Second Wing

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »
If its not the Ho whine, its the hoard whine, or the vulch whine.  I just want some cheese with my wine :lol
Many different facets to the game....hate to see vets gaming the community for score though.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Many different facets to the game....hate to see vets gaming the community for score though.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2009, 03:10:38 PM »
I admit, i've ho'ed few times, sometimes I just do it out of reaction.

I don't see the point of making big deal of whinning about it, especially on 200.

Then again, it is funny to watch sometimes  :lol
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »
Remember... only the HOers call it whining. It's their way of drawing away attention from the fact they are not very good peeelots.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)