Author Topic: Let him go? or Kill him?  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Let him go? or Kill him?
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »
I recall a few occasions where I landed a tater on an overshooting enemy who just shot half my wing off. In the words of another BK, "Be sure you finish him off *******!"
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 03:42:59 PM »
Since I don't tune to 200, I rarely get any comments sent to me.  (Unless somebody tells me).  Basically, I'll let an injured plane go if it was a good 1 vs. 1 fight.  But since those are far and few between, I finish them off.  Nothing personal, it's just war.

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »
one wing landing..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TGTERa_2k

I was actually thinking about that video a few post up before i sow yours

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Most of the time I would just kill them but sometimes the guy levels off and starts to head to his base. When they do that and if there are no enemies around I fly along side them for a while then rock my wings a few times and go along with my sortie.

If I know who it is and if we are alone I sometimes try to get real close and shoot his other wingtip off to even him out.  :D

:rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »
Can we please stop this "real life" crap. Not just in this thread, but everywhere else lately.

Just getting sick of people thinking their actions in here, good or bad, have anything to do with real life warfare.

This game is a loose simulation of WW2 combat flying. What's wrong with immersing oneself in the fantasy a bit? I don't see any evidence that anyone here has a tough time remembering that the game isn't real life combat, or that the actual experience of real life combat would be nothing like the experience of playing the game.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »

In Real Life: From one point of view he is defenseless and it is really not right to just kill someone that can't do a thing about it. From the other point of view, that is your enemy, and if you don't kill him now he will come back and kill you.

Shoot him down.  Why risk letting him live just to take off another day and shoot you or your buddies down?

In Aces High: For some reason i still don't feel right shooting down defenseless planes even though in real life it would not hurt the guy controlling it. How ever if you do shot him down he will come back faster, and if you don't it will take him time to RTB and get back.

Shoot him down.  If he bails out, swing around and shoot his parachute.  Tune to Channel 200 and enjoy the whines.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
In Aces High:

These days?  Finish him off.

1.)  If you don't, someone else will swoop in to "help" by clearing your 12 and taking your kill.
2.)  Its probably a Spit 16 anyway, so no respect is required.
3.)  Its not like he wouldn't do the exact same thing to you.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
When you shoot a half wing of the enemy aircraft what do you do? Let him go or finish him?

Kill him. If you don't someone else will run him down and finish him, potentially taking the kill. Additionally, He's still a threat. I've killed other planes while I was missing half a wing.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
in AH2 - Let him live unless it threatens you, your squady or the mission.

in RL - dunno. Too hard to tell.  90% of the people will tell you they would try to stop a weakly armed person from a bank robbery if he had his back completely turned and no one else there to help him, in reality 90% would do nothing.

S

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009, 09:04:21 PM »
If the person put up a good fight I'd consider letting him go. If he has no friends in the area I am more apt to let him go. If he has friends in the area close I will kill him to keep him from possibly shooting me while I am busy with his friends. I

f he did nothing but fly timid or tried to pick me while fighting another.... he's going down.
:aok Yep.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »
If the person put up a good fight I'd consider letting him go. If he has no friends in the area I am more apt to let him go. If he has friends in the area close I will kill him to keep him from possibly shooting me while I am busy with his friends. I

f he did nothing but fly timid or tried to pick me while fighting another.... he's going down.

yea, i probably agree with that.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2009, 01:51:28 AM »
kill the mangy dog
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
I would let him go as I have in past. If someone is RTB with oil hit, or appears to be RTB, i won't engage; I just won't shoot landers in general.

Half wing: Same thing, will let them RTB usually
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
If it was a good fight, I would let him go.  Most of the time though, FINISH HIM!!!!!!
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »
  KILL.....................If He's crippled and I didn't cause most of the damage I'll leave him for the Friendly that was engaged. If he's a Flamer i'll take him out because they can still kill. I show no mercy for I am shown none. It's still a Game and untill HiTech has a NICE GUY points column the Game will be played.

In Real Life most would be too worried about soiling themselves or getting wacked than chasing a Crippled Plane. In War even a Pilot in a Chute is a countries asset and I'm sure some were shot.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.