Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8389 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2009, 07:36:40 AM »
guess

you are a real dweeb if you think the spit 16 is to hard to fly, and so you decide to take a LA7  :D
LA7 is a different kind of easy mode if it is flown properly, actually if its 1v1 I think the LA7 would win against a Spit16 if the spit missed its chance on the merge because after that the LA will win the E fight :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:26 AM »
Help me understand something ... "flown in a manner not consistent with dweebery" ... how exactly does one fly a Spit in a dweebery manner ?

You know dweebery when you see it.  Dont ask silly questions.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »

I have to admit that my own version of dweebery may be far different than anyone else's.  I do not see it as a silly question, rather a request for clarification of dweebery as you see it.

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
I have to admit that my own version of dweebery may be far different than anyone else's.  I do not see it as a silly question, rather a request for clarification of dweebery as you see it.

Have a great day,

Way

Come into a fight with reckless abandonment, Cannons blazing and shooting at everything within 2k, run out of ammo and yell "Ho" when they get shot down.....Dweebery
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »
Come into a fight with reckless abandonment, Cannons blazing and shooting at everything within 2k, run out of ammo and yell "Ho" when they get shot down.....Dweebery

There is a pretty good personal opinion of what dweebery is.  Other than the 'come into a fight with reckless abandonment" (I do this regularly, just can't stay away from the red guys), most of this description may step over the line from dweebery to flat out untrained noob.

Have a great day,

Way

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »

Not a silly question at all ... I have seen all sorts of dweebery and on many different levels over the past 7 years but have never seen any particular type of dweebery that I could associate with any particular "type" of plane.

I use to fly the Spit V exclusively and was just wondering if I had ever flown my Spit in a "dweeby" manner as opposed to how I might be flying my FM2 in a "dweeby" manner ... I have got to know so that I can correct myself if I am being "dweeby".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »

This description can be attributed to any person in any plane ... is there something special about how one flys a Spit, that is specific to the Spit, that would get them labeled as "dweeby" ?

After all ... the subject is about the Spit ... for those of us that do fly a Spit, exclusively or occasionally, we should be educated on how we can fly the Spit in a non-dweebish manner so that we don't tweak someone's nipples during a fight.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
Your saying that if an experienced pilot fly's the spitfire it will be extremely hard to shoot him down. I just gave you an example that it's not just the spitfire, if a pilot knows what he is doing they can be "unstoppable" in any airplane. Now you just gave me another example of that:

Oh and BTW, non of your scores show you having a K/D of 30 in P-40E, you have 0 p40 kills in tour 110 and you did not fly at all in tour 111.

Huh?  When did I say an unexperienced pilot is hard to shoot down in a spitfire?  Maybe somebody else said that.  Spit16's are some of the easiest kills to be had since 95% of the pilots flying them are newbs.  

And no, a good stick is not unstoppable in any airplane.

I was using the P40E comment as a hypothetical example and if I did it, it would not prove anything about the plane.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
"OMG WTF YOU DWEEB SPITXT33N IS A EZ MODE PLANE!1!1!" =  "I just got spanked and I'd rather whine about the plane than understand what I did wrong and learn something from the experience."  :rofl

To answer the original question, seeing as how they aren't used for combat anymore, I can only dream of flying anything as sweet as any model Spitfire.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
LA7 is a different kind of easy mode if it is flown properly, actually if its 1v1 I think the LA7 would win against a Spit16 if the spit missed its chance on the merge because after that the LA will win the E fight :salute
The Spitfire is better in all respects from the La7 except for speed. Really, since HTC changed it's low speed handling characteristics, the La's have become much more interesting aircraft.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2009, 11:15:16 AM »
The spit16 is "dweeby" because it allows you to blunder your way thru the hardest parts of dogfighting, against someone who's doing everything right in almost anything in the rest of the planeset.  You can make all sorts of mistakes and pay no meaningful penalty. The "problem" with vets who fly spits is that the plane does all the hard angles/timing work. It's a big crutch.

Before someone says it.. I want spits in the game.  They remove any hesitation from second guessing whether I'm winning a fight without giving the opponent a good fair chance of winning, instead of just killing him on his first mistake.  Killing spitfires never gets old.  Nothing says "PNWT" like losing a fight in a spitfire... Nothing.

The historical argument?  Totally off topic.. All but a handful of us are just cartoon pilots yanking joysticks in front of computer monitors (and VR goggles for the real freaks).

The Spitfire is better in all respects from the La7 except for speed. Really, since HTC changed it's low speed handling characteristics, the La's have become much more interesting aircraft.
Didn't Pyro say it was slats or flaps that had a minor adjustment, not the FM as a whole?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline jam934

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »
None of us will ever be called up to fly spitfires so it really doesn't matter. I don't care that new people fly the spit16 because they have to learn somehow and the spit16 is very easy to fly. What I really hate is when people who have been here for years fly it instead of moving on to something harder to fly.
  I love it when others think that they have the right to tell others how to play the game. As I said before pay my bill and fly what you want me to  ;)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
He has the right to tell you how to fly, and you have the right to totally ignore it or even point out how he's wrong. Either way.. He isn't even telling you what to do with your 15$.  He's just giving you his perspective. "Food for thought".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »
I feel that there is a natural progression from the so-called easy to fly planes to the planes that require more pilot input and experience to fight correctly.  Calling it a new pilot plane is somewhat true, as most new pilots want and need to experience some success with the large learning curve that AH has.  Therefore new pilots will gravitate towards the planes that give them some success while learning the ins and outs of the game.  Most pilots will transition on to other planes as their knowledge and skills grow.  Some will continue to fly it all the time, some only part of the time in favor of whatever new bird they are experimenting with. 

Have a great day,

Way

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
This Isn't "real life".  :aok

This is real life, anyone who says otherwise is a chump. This isn't a game to a lot of us.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***