Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8376 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »
I just flew it.  Could have won a rolling 4:1 with 10 kills or more, if not for being my first flight in weeks. It's exactly like I remember it. It's a freakin UFO. I can keep lines for 2 to 4 kills for most of the fight. Biggest balls out furballing crutch in the game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:23:36 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
Hey, look at that, Orange's method works great! (ref. 190A8 is a spit16)

they are boths planes, are they not?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »
I just flew it.  Could have won a rolling 4:1 with 10 kills or more, if not for being my first flight in weeks. It's exactly like I remember it. It's a freakin UFO. I can keep lines for 2 to 4 kills for most of the fight. Biggest balls out furballing crutch in the game.

2-4 kills in 1 sorti is not alot. Try getting 7+ (with no re-arming) in that spitfire and then say how much of a UFO that is. Today I landed 10 kills in F4U, how come no one is screaming that it's a UFO or a noob plane for that matter?

And flying a P-38 exclusively some how makes you better than the other experienced player that likes to fly the Mk XVI exclusively?  Talk about your huge ego problems...

ack-ack

People who say "it's the pilot not the plane" are not correct.

A few month ago I took a P-40 for a ride. I encountered a P-38L and a P-51D at the same time at the same altitude. They both died. Now are you going to tell me that a P-40B is much superior than a P-51D and P-38L combined? Also have you ever killed someone in a better airplane than the one you were in?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:41:32 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »
Yeah I clearly am Batfink. :rofl  
The spit16 is a noob plane if there ever was one.  End of story.

I said 2-4 kills meaning I was furballing on my own next to an enemy base, and inside a 4:1 could keep lines to killshots on 2 and a couple of times 4 separate bandits.  That means I could (and did) commit to one target and break off for a killshot on another and then go back to the one target without losing the dominant position. In a slow turning fight.  I went down with 7 kills.  So here I am, saying it's a UFO.  That's not enough?  I can do 10 kills every sortie.  I could probably manage over 10, which says a lot when it's got such a small fuel tank. 13 is the average number for a good streak on 1 fuel load in the 152.  The 16 does the same in half the time.
A few month ago I took a P-40 for a ride. I encountered a P-38L and a P-51D at the same time at the same altitude. They both died.
One instance. Not a day in day out consistency like the spit16.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:44:02 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:57 PM »
I said 2-4 kills meaning I was furballing on my own next to an enemy base, and inside a 4:1 could keep lines to killshots on 2 and a couple of times 4 separate bandits.  That means I could (and did) commit to one target and break off for a killshot on another and then go back to the one target without losing the dominant position.  I went down with 7 kills.  So here I am, saying it's a UFO.  That's not enough?  I can do 10 kills every sortie. One instance. Not a day in day out consistency like the spit16.

Do it, land, show me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:44:30 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »
LOL
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
LOL

is there a problem?
I thought it was easy for you to land 10 kills in spit 16 in any sorti. Do it a few time, take some screen shots or videos. Post it here.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »
Why do people care what other people fly?
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »

The spit16 is a noob plane if there ever was one.  End of story.

After skimming threw 11 pages, this sentence is just about the only thing that was needed.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »
So stodd can you answer the question in the 1st post
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2009, 08:01:37 PM »
is there a problem?
I thought it was easy for you to land 10 kills in spit 16 in any sorti. Do it a few time, take some screen shots or videos. Post it here.

I know moot could easily land 50 killls in a spit16 if he put his mind to it.
Machfly, what do you want from this thread? Nobody is going to over congratulate a spit16 pilot simply because it is the easiest plane in the game to fly. Nobody can tell you what to fly or what to think of a specific aircraft. Nobody who posted here is going to change their mind. Either accept the answers or admit you just want to keep the argument going?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »
Nobody is going to over congratulate a spit16 pilot simply because it is the easiest plane in the game to fly. Nobody can tell you what to fly or what to think of a specific aircraft. Nobody who posted here is going to change their mind. Either accept the answers or admit you just want to keep the argument going?

I don't want to fly spit 16, my problem is that the actual aircraft (not the people who fly it) does not get any respect here.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
Respect it yourself, that is all that matters.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
The ironic part is that when it was rumored we were getting a cliped wing Spitfire,everyone was so gung Ho for it. Now look at the mess :cry
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »
This Isn't "real life".  :aok
+ infinity :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/