Author Topic: Oh how I hate the 190's  (Read 3552 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Oh how I hate the 190's
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 12:02:22 AM »
To me P-38s are the biggets nuisance... usually just easy newbie kills, but once in a while a vet, who can really handle that plane.
I hate that kind of inconsistency :)
Would be more consitent if Pawz didnt Haxx so much :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
It's quite simple. Fly any 190 variant to hell and back, Learn it's characteristics. Mixed with proper knowledge of ACM and BFM as well as energy management you will know how to effectively use a 190 in a single or multi plane engagement.

I find the A5 to be the most pure dogfighter in my opinion. Now i know moot will go to bat with that statement any day of the year but it's my opinion just as it's his that the 152 is the best pure dogfighter. At the end of the day it all boils down to what you prefer and which 190 fits your style of play. I like to get in and mix it up with mines so anytime you see Yellow markings on a A5 you can rest assure that it's me if I'm online.

Grizz can second this statement as well:

It's not the plane, it's the pilot.
Anything that you've described above comes from the pilots input and how he is flying the aircraft, not the planes.
It is easy to recognize any half decent 190 stick regardless of the variant by the way it's handled and flown. Same goes for recognizing a horrible 190 pilot.
If you start to see a 190 do a series of barrel or lag displacement rolls, you can be assure you're dealing with a experienced Luft weenie.  :cool:
Finally, the best 190 pilots are the ones you don't see coming or the ones that you least expect to pull that shot off.  :devil

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
No, you're right, the A5's the purest dogfighter.  The 152's like the freak destroyer variant that's still dogfight worthy. The only argument I'll make is that it's more lethal in that small dogfighting margin. Purest dogfighter it's not. I dogfight a 25H any chance I get so I'm a bit biased :P
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
The A8 isn't that much behind the A5 either.  It's more lethal, has better WEP and is only slightly heavier and basically can do what the A5 does
depending on the amount of fuel and which tank has the fuel.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
The A5 is a sweetie.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »
No, you're right, the A5's the purest dogfighter.  The 152's like the freak destroyer variant that's still dogfight worthy. The only argument I'll make is that it's more lethal in that small dogfighting margin. Purest dogfighter it's not. I dogfight a 25H any chance I get so I'm a bit biased :P

i find that the A8 isn't as balanced as the other 190's, might just be me though.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »
Would be more consitent if Pawz didnt Haxx so much :D

Its really easy once you have the code...<- -> down down up and space bar.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Its a tough plane to fly that 190 and when flown well its a tough one to pin. . .but thats the same for all the planes (which is the whole point of this thread it seems).  Last week I remember engaging 2 A8s with me in a ki84 and a friend in his spitty - they looped, extended, climbed and generally acted like two ballerinas in the air.  And after I turned around to head home (it was a pointless chaise) then they turn around and went to work killing my friend first (the spitty is more dangerous) then me.   

The point is - after seeing two A8s work together really well at low altitude I have new respect for 190s - but I think unlike some other planes, the 190 performs a lot better in smart coordinated packs rather then as `solo` planes (solo meaning acting alone in the fishbowl) like ponies and spitties do - that is to say in packs its not addition but multiplication in terms of effectiveness.

but thats just my 2 cents as a new pilot.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:29 PM »
1 of the best fights I've ever had in AH was in a D9 with another squadie also in a D9.

We fought our way through a huge red blob and ended up fighting two Pony Ds on the deck out in the middle of the ocean.

It was unreal. 2 v 2, skimming the waves.

Doras came out on top... just. It was epic.  :salute
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
but I think unlike some other planes, the 190 performs a lot better in smart coordinated packs rather then as `solo` planes (solo meaning acting alone in the fishbowl) like ponies and spitties do - that is to say in packs its not addition but multiplication in terms of effectiveness.
You got it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »
1 of the best fights I've ever had in AH was in a D9 with another squadie also in a D9.

We fought our way through a huge red blob and ended up fighting two Pony Ds on the deck out in the middle of the ocean.

It was unreal. 2 v 2, skimming the waves.

Doras came out on top... just. It was epic.  :salute

I would like to see film on that, I bet it was awesome.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:52 PM »
Cajunn, i have a film for you sir. Possibly one of my best sorties with my wingman facing against the odds and coming out alive with me and my wingman still flying with some battle damage. I think you'll be on the edge of your seat.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz1md4jzzji

Tell me what ya think about it. I think this film illustrates wingman piloting at it's finest. Luftwaffe prevails once again.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »
Cajunn, i have a film for you sir. Possibly one of my best sorties with my wingman facing against the odds and coming out alive with me and my wingman still flying with some battle damage. I think you'll be on the edge of your seat.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz1md4jzzji

Tell me what ya think about it. I think this film illustrates wingman piloting at it's finest. Luftwaffe prevails once again.  :salute

what a fight good fighting and  :salute

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »

what a fight good fighting and  :salute

DAnke Zher  :salute
Sorties like those make me miss the game while I'm unable to play for the moment. But i have alot of Luftwaffe sorties also.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »
Lol this post actually perfectly described a couple fights I had yesterday perfectly... :rolleyes:
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D