Author Topic: mazda miata  (Read 2452 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: mazda miata
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2009, 12:41:21 AM »
Not all v8 dragsters are big.  :aok

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/65gasser/?action=view&current=bpa960incar.flv  :O

One of my favorite vids of all time. Its a notchback fox body, probably only around 600hp. 9.60 at 138. One hell of a ride.

Little off topic but I can't resist.
this whole thread has ben pinging on and off topic.......

when it comes down to it........the miata will be a fun car. don;t worry about what anyone says. if they're bustin your stones, it's because they're jealous.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2009, 01:47:32 AM »
Not all v8 dragsters are big.  :aok

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/65gasser/?action=view&current=bpa960incar.flv  :O

One of my favorite vids of all time. Its a notchback fox body, probably only around 600hp. 9.60 at 138. One hell of a ride.

Little off topic but I can't resist.

that just sent chills down my spine.........quickest i ever went so far was 9.96@131....but i did it on all motor in the shop car.

dammmmm.....i gotta get back on the track!!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dan216TH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2009, 07:56:05 PM »
it may be a chick car but it's still cool. and u can make them really fast

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2009, 10:55:02 PM »

If I were going for a small displacement sport car I'd go for one of these.  Beats the Miata in every aspect.

(Image removed from quote.)

Too bad none of the car magazines thought so. You need to spend nearly 30k for the Solstice GXP turbo to beat the Miata, and it still lacks a usable trunk, has a truly lousy top and the build quality is inferior. Not to mention that the Miata has a more balanced and sorted chassis as well as a super-slick 6 speed.

As to those guys who refer to the Miata as a lady's car... LOLOL Trust me, very few "real men" could drive the Miata to its limits. It's owned its class in SCCA racing since it first arrived. It has been a perennial member of Car and Drivers Ten Best since 1989.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »
it may be a chick car but it's still cool. and u can make them really fast

Heck I can get a '94 Honda Accord to go "really fast".  Now it almost takes the entire road to get it to 115, but it still gets there.  Miata goes more than fast, it goes fast quickly. :D
Fun car to drive fast is a Scion TC though, until you hit 120, then it feels like you are attempting flight.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
Too bad none of the car magazines thought so. You need to spend nearly 30k for the Solstice GXP turbo to beat the Miata, and it still lacks a usable trunk, has a truly lousy top and the build quality is inferior. Not to mention that the Miata has a more balanced and sorted chassis as well as a super-slick 6 speed.

As to those guys who refer to the Miata as a lady's car... LOLOL Trust me, very few "real men" could drive the Miata to its limits. It's owned its class in SCCA racing since it first arrived. It has been a perennial member of Car and Drivers Ten Best since 1989.

(Image removed from quote.)

My regards,

Widewing

A family friend bought a new BMW 328i X-drive and was wondering "where he could go to stretch it's legs."   I took him to an abandoned parking lot devoid of any obstructions and told him to "go for it."    He wouldn't ride on the brink of drifting, although he hinted at it.   I asked him if I could "give it a whirl".   I had him wondering what else the car was capable of.    I even cleaned the rubber off of his wheels.    :devil

I went to Camp Jeep and was drifting in the provided Grand Cherokee SRT at "Road America", as was my buddy.   The chap in the pace car said "we'll be going about 80mph around this course."    I drifted around every corner with my wife laughing her arse in disbelief.   The last straightaway to the finish line, I laid up and left a good gap to the pace car.    I punched it to 135mph.    The guy walked up and simply said "That was some good f**king driving!"  

If I could drive for a living, I'd do it, but I'm not 5'3, 130.    :salute  Nothing compares to the smell of baked rubber from tires, nothing.  

Again WW, I've been in the Miatas before and they just leave you "missing something".    I've yet to be able to get behind the wheel of a Mazdaspeed Miata though.   But, those border on $29,000.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:11:37 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:15 PM »
A family friend bought a new BMW 328i X-drive and was wondering "where he could go to stretch it's legs."   I took him to an abandoned parking lot devoid of any obstructions and told him to "go for it."    He wouldn't ride on the brink of drifting, although he hinted at it.   I asked him if I could "give it a whirl".   I had him wondering what else the car was capable of.    I even cleaned the rubber off of his wheels.    :devil

I went to Camp Jeep and was drifting in the provided Grand Cherokee SRT at "Road America", as was my buddy.   The chap in the pace car said "we'll be going about 80mph around this course."    I drifted around every corner with my wife laughing her arse in disbelief.   The last straightaway to the finish line, I laid up and left a good gap to the pace car.    I punched it to 135mph.    The guy walked up and simply said "That was some good f**king driving!"  

If I could drive for a living, I'd do it, but I'm not 5'3, 130.    :salute  Nothing compares to the smell of baked rubber from tires, nothing.  

Again WW, I've been in the Miatas before and they just leave you "missing something".    I've yet to be able to get behind the wheel of a Mazdaspeed Miata though.   But, those border on $29,000.   
Different strokes for different folks I guess. Personally I prefer the scalpel to the sledgehammer. A truly fast car should be able to do so without all the drama. Or the noise, gas usage, or tire wear for that matter. The Miata is a scalpel. It's practically the reincarnation of the old Lotus Elan. (though I'd take Emma Peel behind the wheel over WW anyday :aok) :salute

Oh, and for the record, Miata's are quick, but the third-generation RX-7 was hands-down the fastest, scariest Mazda ever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:27:52 PM by Cthulhu »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
I always liked the RX-7's.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2009, 01:27:23 PM »
I always liked the RX-7's.   
With the low seating position, the 3rd-gen always felt like I was sitting in a coffin with the lid "almost" closed.  :uhoh
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »
With the low seating position, the 3rd-gen always felt like I was sitting in a coffin with the lid "almost" closed.  :uhoh

:noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »
here;s a question?

what about the Z3?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »
here;s a question?

what about the Z3?
Good car. Fast. And the M Roadster is a complete monster.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:14:52 PM by Cthulhu »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:32 PM »
The Dinan's are nice too. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »
The Dinan's are nice too. 
Yeah, the weakest part of the stock roadsters has got to be the rear suspension. The Dinan rear end makes a world of difference.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »
Good car. Fast. And the M Roadster is a complete monster.

that's what i was thinking.....a buddy bought an 04.....5 spd 6 cylinder. the thing turns like it's glued to the road. it's a frakkin bullet going straight.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"