Author Topic: Goin to Afghanistan  (Read 2415 times)

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Re: Goin to Afghanistan
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »
It's pointless to discuss this with anyone here. I think that there is a disconnect in the communication. I have never and will never wish the this guy anything other than a safe trip and a speedy homecoming.

I find it kind of strange that the majority think I am putting this guy on trial. It's his own comments that are the reason for the continuation of this thread. It's as if you all read his first post and then nothing else he has stated.

One of the biggest problems I have with your posts is your apparent disdain for the National Guard. We would be pretty screwed right now without them. This is a force that really shouldn't be deployed overseas except in extreme situations, and yet up to just a year ago they made up over a quarter of all units deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They have been pushed to the limit and deserve the same respect that everyone else who serves gets. Anyway. The correct way to handle this without bringing even more attention to it would have been to just PM the guy. Instead you had to show how superior you and whatever service you're in is to him and the National Guard. Way to go Big Man. For your heroic post, you have earned the Brown Star. Wear it proudly solider.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:01:43 PM by BigR »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
One of the biggest problems I have with your posts is your apparent disdain for the National Guard. We would be pretty screwed right now without them. This is a force that really shouldn't be deployed overseas except in extreme situations, and yet up to just a year ago they made up over a quarter of all units deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They have been pushed to the limit and deserve the same respect that everyone else who serves gets. Anyway. The correct way to handle this without bringing even more attention to it would have been to just PM the guy. Instead you had to show how superior you and whatever service you're in is to him and the National Guard. Way to go Big Man. For your heroic post, you have earned the Brown Star. Wear it proudly solider.

And once again you prove a point, it doesn't matter what was posted by him just what was posted by me. That's fine. Ive already contact his PAO office and from this point on they can deal with it.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »
Ciaphas if you would of came to me personally and said you had I problem with it I might have changed it. Although I talked to some people, and the information that I had posted was in no way wrong. It really bothers me that you come in here assuming things. Especially all those put downs on the national guard. That was just stupidity. And tell me just exactly what did I post that I'm so in the wrong?
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »
It could be the day that you are leaving and the duration that you are staying.

Now if your PAO has ok'd military members to disclose this information then that is something that you should have posted as soon as your comments were questioned.

as far as putting down the NG that is all a matter of opinion and can be left up to interpretation and if that is how you are going to interpret my comments than that is your right. regardless if I came to you personally, if the information that you posted is questionable you should have changed it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:26:38 PM by Ciaphas »

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
trust me, I would not have posted that if we had been told not to. I just can't understand why you draw it out so long. But what happened happened. All I was here for was to say goodbye and to say see ya in a few months. Just one question, what exactly is your roll in the military?
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »
A Ive already contact his PAO office and from this point on they can deal with it.

There are no words to describe you, so nevermind.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
Does my role in the military matter? No it doesn't. See this whole thread could have been stopped if you would have posted that one key bit of information. You may not think that it was important but any time that you are dealing with deployment information you must make clear that the information has been cleared for release by the owning POA and that the military member has been authorized to disclose the information in question.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »
There are no words to describe you, so nevermind.

OK, so the fact that I contact an agency to ensure that the information is allowed to be disclosed makes me a bad person. Nice use of logic there.  :aok

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
If your military roll doesn't matter then me including that PAO stuff doesn't matter.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »
Including the PAO does matter as they are the first to know if information has been released for public decimation. As far as my role in the military concerning this situation, it's enough that I'm in the military as it's all of our jobs to ensure that information is safe guarded at all levels of the military structure.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:47:36 PM by Ciaphas »

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »
And once again you prove a point, it doesn't matter what was posted by him just what was posted by me. That's fine. Ive already contact his PAO office and from this point on they can deal with it.

Deleted what I originally wrote....

Ciaphas, as an ex-military man myself I'm ashamed of your attitude and the way you're handling things. This is very unprofessional!!!

Brad, goodluck to you and I pray for your safe return. <S>

Lambo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:02:46 PM by lambo31 »
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
<S> and thanks, Brad, for your service to this country. As for the anonymous internet klickety-clackers, they're protecting your hind-end as well, or you wouldn't be here debating triviality.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »
At least you admit you DIDN'T handle this in a professional manner. During my time in uniform we made jokes about our part timers as well but it was in fun and we never did it in public. We also made jokes about people that hadn't done much service but thought the service owed them a living and you seem to fall into that category.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
Damn O.o hwo this get to 5 pages
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2009, 03:16:33 PM »
your attitude as well as how you handle things is what I'm calling dirty

Fair enough. This is a subject that I take very seriously. It's not as if someone posted about a vacation they are about to take, it;s a deployment. that alone changes matters drastically. You should never assume that one is posting information properly and legally as there is more at stake here then ruining a family vacation. The reason why the PAO was contacted is to ensure that information that has been posted was released and not just simply posted just because they felt that it should be posted.

I'll say it again, the fact that he knew that his information was being challenged and he was holding information that could have prevented this thread is bad form. As far as my comments about the NG, I placed an explanation about my comments already and that is all I can do. You can either read them for what they are or you can dwell on them, the choice is always yours.  

We also made jokes about people that hadn't done much service but thought the service owed them a living and you seem to fall into that category.

I've definitely served the military and continue to do so. You all seem to be reading the NG comments out context as I explained them already.