Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 3685 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:36 AM »
Was great flying with the Lynchmob while they were Rooks. Great bunch of guys,

We'll keep the hanger swept, and the bar stocked for you when you return

<S> Lynchmob
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
I spy on the sheep

BAAAAA
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 08:45:38 AM »
I was wondering when someone was going to start one of these threads...  Again...

[yawn]

Yet another thread where one sub-set of people is going to look down upon another sub-set of people.  Yet another thread where one sub-set of people is going to look down from their really high horse to tell another sub-set of people how they "should" be playing this little computer game.

Congrats to the original poster.  You're a real internet pioneer.  :P

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 08:47:48 AM »
I was wondering when someone was going to start one of these threads...  Again...

[yawn]

Yet another thread where one sub-set of people is going to look down upon another sub-set of people.  Yet another thread where one sub-set of people is going to look down from their really high horse to tell another sub-set of people how they "should" be playing this little computer game.

:lol  Best post in the whole thread.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
:lol  Best post in the whole thread.  :aok

+1

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
I love the BBS.  Only 9 posts in about side switching, and now its the horde's fault.  Got to love this game.   :lol

Fred

Reason # 128 why I switch countries

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
I love the BBS.  Only 9 posts in about side switching, and now its the horde's fault.  Got to love this game.   :lol

Fred

You don't think the "horde" is part of the reason for side switching  :rolleyes: I very rarely switch side, but I will, for two reasons. 1st I was Bish for a long time and made a lot of friends there who still fly now and then. I'll switch to wing up with them. The second reason is to find a fight. If the horde is a rook horde hitting base after undefended base, or the horde is an "enemy" horde hitting base after base, then I'll switch to find a fight that DOESN'T have a horde.

It seems like quite a stretch to connect those dots, but you are entitled to your opinion.

The fact is, this kind of "home team" mentality is engrained in us from a very young age. Sporting industries rely on this mentality to survive - as do governments. Remember school spirit? Somehow your school was supposed to be better than the other neighboring schools? Online video games are a microcosm of real life social dynamics. It's a natural extension.

Of course, I don't care what side I fight for. The only reason I don't change teams often is because I think it would be embarrassing to get shot down by people that I normally fly with! I know this too is a strange social behavior...

I don't think its that big a stretch. Over all game play has gone down hill. Everyone these days is looking for the quickest easiest way to do anything in the game. Mediocre players make mediocre game play and count on the horde to survive long enough to get the "job" done. Its too much trouble and hard work to learn to play the game well, so most settle for average, or less.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »
I'm with Banshee7(as if thats your real name :noid). Sure most chose the challenge of the uphill battle with the underdog. To beat back the ravenous horde. Only I usually am left with my bloodied stump for the task, 'ode to joy'.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »
I usually switch sides to the low #s country because they lack the horde that the other countries have.  But..on weird occasions....The low # country will start hording undefended bases.  That's when I switch countries.

You don't think the "horde" is part of the reason for side switching  :rolleyes: I very rarely switch side, but I will, for two reasons. 1st I was Bish for a long time and made a lot of friends there who still fly now and then. I'll switch to wing up with them. The second reason is to find a fight. If the horde is a rook horde hitting base after undefended base, or the horde is an "enemy" horde hitting base after base, then I'll switch to find a fight that DOESN'T have a horde.

I don't think its that big a stretch. Over all game play has gone down hill. Everyone these days is looking for the quickest easiest way to do anything in the game. Mediocre players make mediocre game play and count on the horde to survive long enough to get the "job" done. Its too much trouble and hard work to learn to play the game well, so most settle for average, or less.

I agree with your post Fugitive  :salute

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

Reason #1 why I switch countries - To SPY on the knights

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:46:55 AM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 09:54:26 AM »
Larry - excellent landing  :rofl  :rofl
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »

[yawn]

And where do I ask is the part where I asked somone to "play my way"?.  Play the way you want,  was targeting a small group of ppl that went out of their way to PM and say "They are watching me". If you dont fall into this category, then dont worry about it. I had a ton of fun flyin with some old freinds.

oh and btw..I agree with the statment of  home team spirit, I think its great.  question though..When somone gets traded to your home team..do you call him a spy and untrustworthy?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »
Ya dont need spies--just pull out a hot-rod with cannons, sit on runway of ANY empty, unguarded base within easy reach of enemy airbase, (smoke cigarette, drink a beer, what have you), and eventually 15-20 noe dweebs will come your way, and they will assume you are a spy
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
The people that cry spy are the people that are hopeless in fighters, and are average at best in everything else. Their use of the horde makes them self-delusional as to their own skill level.

And they always answer that it's important to win teh war, and blame furballers when their chess piece is losing the map.  Telling them that there's no winning or losing is like showing a dog a card trick.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »

[yawn]

Says the guy whose CO is a "Chess Piece Patriot"; You know someone that was born to lead the Bishops. Someone that is NEVER on his "high horse".

Come on....your little statement above is so hypocritical. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, berate people because they were attacking a base that you had planned an NOE to. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, accuse people of spying. I've witnessed your squad, namely your CO, give people crap because of how they were controlling the CV.

Before you accuse anyone of being on a "high-horse", I first think you should direct that frustration towards your CO.

Happy Easter

XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »
And they always answer that it's important to win teh war, and blame furballers when their chess piece is losing the map.  Telling them that there's no winning or losing is like showing a dog a card trick.
Ok, that there's funny :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/