Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 3818 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
Wait one darn second....................... ...

We have spies?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
Exaggeration's:

Exaggerations my foot.  The only time I ever see "NEED 30 MORE PILOTS FOR MISSION" when the mission already has 10 (which can be a significant mission with the right planner) is when I'm bishop.  And No...it wasn't some FNG, it was some well "respected" players among the bish (i.e. their top Armchair Generals).

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »
"NEED 30 MORE PILOTS FOR MISSION" it was some well "respected" players among the bish (i.e. their top Armchair Generals).

Who could that be? As far as I know there isnt any respectable bish players are there?   :devil  Had to be a FNG.l...

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
I pledge allegiance to my chess piece  :huh
Fellas this is a game. You are missing out on 2/3rds of the community if you stick with just one country. We came back bish to fly with a few Friends and I get " don't trust them, they switch sides"  :noid :noid :lol.
I can totally understand adopting one certain one that your more comfortable with, but don't shun the guys that are there to help you out.  :salute

Tell ya what....dont come bish :aok

I am assuming you are referring to the saturday conversation when you and your pal twentyfo came bish and immediately began assuming cv command and moving bish cvs into harms way...

He was asked to shove off and he of course began overwhelming country ch with his typical nonsense.....

Your squad "Lynchmob" post in here often about how terrible bish are for their missions and that is why you guys left bish....

You then jumped in and began saying how could we be so uncivil..i told you twentyfo is a fool and you told me he was your squaddie.....

I told you to choose your acquaintances more carefully....they reflect your character....

You showed your true character by starting this thread....

try this...if you want to fly another country that your squad isn't based out of...then:

1. shut up and fly
2. quit making a fool of yourself
3. don't assume command of cvs etc.
4. enjoy your friends on their channel

BTW at that time bish outnumbered rooks and knights badly so eny was crap..i moved to the other arena when cap was raised and to get away from you... I'm more convinced you were over there to milkrun your own buddies...

I would be happy to post the film of the text buffer....i also took screenshots of twentyfo saying he was going to send info of all bish missions etc to whatever country we were attacking......

Idiot...

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »
The people that cry spy are the people that are hopeless in fighters, and are average at best in everything else. Their use of the horde makes them self-delusional as to their own skill level. Who cares about these people in game?

You've got a good point.  I have never heard the ones that are good calling anyone else a spy, just the crappy players.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »
well when your squad is based on one country its kinda hard 2 change, so you end up hating the others  :D  :rolleyes:

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »

hmm, what can you do?..revoke my bish passport? Sir, I'll fly where ever my squaddies and I choose to fly.

I am assuming you are referring to the saturday conversation when you and your pal twentyfo came bish and immediately began assuming cv command and moving bish cvs into harms way...

He was asked to shove off and he of course began overwhelming country ch with his typical nonsense.....

That was a small factor of what went on. The cake was when some nub I never heard of PMd me "side switching scum".  He proceeded to PM a few other squaddies with the same nonsense. Point of the thread to get it into these people that it IS A GAME and dont get your E feelings hurt when someone decides to go to the "darkside".
Twentyfo did assume that CV yes. If you bothered to check to see what was going on, you would find he was in the guns trying to get a better firing solution. When your buddies took it from him..THEY sunk it, not him.

You then jumped in and began saying how could we be so uncivil..i told you twentyfo is a fool and you told me he was your squaddie.....

I told you to choose your acquaintances more carefully....they reflect your character....

Reflect my character? Does this mean my respect for the BOPs are down the toilet because of one of their squaddies decided to go renegade on the BBS? NOPE, I miss guys like THundregg and DIver. Good guys to fly with and lots of fun to fight against. You sir, take this game wayy too seriously. As far as backing up Twentyfo...its what squaddies do if they feel theyve been done an injustice. You gotta know, what comes out of his mouth 99% of the time is banter..and just that. Cmon..the guy posts a NOE GV mission..you gotta laugh or get a chuckle.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2009, 10:44:10 PM »
You've got a good point.  I have never heard the ones that are good calling anyone else a spy, just the crappy players.

ack-ack

Same.....except for that Tec guy...I think he's paranoid, too.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »

Your squad "Lynchmob" post in here often about how terrible bish are for their missions and that is why you guys left bish....

1. shut up and fly
3. don't assume command of cvs etc.
4. enjoy your friends on their channel

BTW at that time bish outnumbered rooks and knights badly so eny was crap..i moved to the other arena when cap was raised and to get away from you... I'm more convinced you were over there to milkrun your own buddies...

I would be happy to post the film of the text buffer....i also took screenshots of twentyfo saying he was going to send info of all bish missions etc to whatever country we were attacking......

The above is the definition of a chess piece patriot. Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

The whole CV situation was pretty funny and pathetic as well. As soon as I took control of the CV, I heard accusations of being a spy. Little did those accusers know that an enemy CV was right near ours. I positioned the CV so all guns could fire at the enemy ship. I had just fired my first salvo on the enemy ship and nailed it. Unfortunately, that was all the gunning I was able to do because someone took control of the CV and re-positioned it. To make a long story short, our cruiser was almost instantly destroyed followed shortly by our CV.

This past Easter weekend was intended for the Lynchmob to fly with some old friends. Fortunately, we were able to do that. However, we couldn't count the number of accusations of spying or comments regarding how unwelcome we were. Even after we had helped capture or defend a base.

Last night, when we ended our endeavor, we were greeted with open arms by our Rook countrymen. There were no accusations of spying or unwelcome comments whatsoever. As I remember the same could be said about the Knights when we flew with them several months ago.

Bish (the only country besides rook that I've flown on recently)....We, as a squad, were just like you. For the 2+ plus years as Bishop's, we swore on everything that we would stay there forever. Well, that got kind of old once the Mob completed a 3 month tour of all the countries. We finally realized that this game is about your squaddies and the friends you have met along the way (from all sides).

I encourage every "chess piece loyal" player/squad to go on a tour, even if lasts a weekend.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:39:57 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »

Idiot...

Oh the irony.

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 01:40:17 AM »
Same.....except for that Tec guy...I think he's paranoid, too.

Look at bomber score!  :P
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
The above is the definition of a chess piece patriot. Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

The whole CV situation was pretty funny and pathetic as well. As soon as I took control of the CV, I heard accusations of being a spy. Little did those accusers know that an enemy CV was right near ours. I positioned the CV so all guns could fire at the enemy ship. I had just fired my first salvo on the enemy ship and nailed it. Unfortunately, that was all the gunning I was able to do because someone took control of the CV and re-positioned it. To make a long story short, our cruiser was almost instantly destroyed followed shortly by our CV.

This past Easter weekend was intended for the Lynchmob to fly with some old friends. Fortunately, we were able to do that. However, we couldn't count the number of accusations of spying or comments regarding how unwelcome we were. Even after we had helped capture or defend a base.

Last night, when we ended our endeavor, we were greeted with open arms by our Rook countrymen. There were no accusations of spying or unwelcome comments whatsoever. As I remember the same could be said about the Knights when we flew with them several months ago.

Bish (the only country besides rook that I've flown on recently)....We, as a squad, were just like you. For the 2+ plus years as Bishop's, we swore on everything that we would stay there forever. Well, that got kind of old once the Mob completed a 3 month tour of all the countries. We finally realized that this game is about your squaddies and the friends you have met along the way (from all sides).

I encourage every "chess piece loyal" player/squad to go on a tour, even if lasts a weekend.

I understand you and trafalz are trying to make this into some "they think we are spies" or a "chess piece loyalty" issue but if you read my post you MIGHT understand what causes YOU to be unwelcome is your behavior...this was the third time I witnessed your behavior and unpleasant interactions (coming over and trying to assume control of bish operations when you are very vocal about how "bad" the bish are)...it was the first time I chose to intervene....

Maybe you would like me to post the film of you private voxing me 2 weeks ago...I came back from eating dinner to hear you screeching about how terrible I was for some mission against the rooks...You were vulgar and clueless....I turned on the film and recorded it.....if i didnt know better I would swear you were Storch reincarnated...

This is not isolated and I have heard other bish complain about the same behaviors...

Lots of folks rotate countries and are welcomed (banshee7 and karaya inthe 303rd come to mind)  They fly on our vox and are welcomed.  Even though I am not a fan of the muppets they are a good example of a squad who dont have a specific country and yet you rarely see folks asking them to leave....

So lets put things into the proper perspective shall we???  I didnt send the film into HTC because i assumed you were having a bad night....perhaps you do deserve a break from the game.....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »
I understand you and trafalz are trying to make this into some "they think we are spies" or a "chess piece loyalty" issue but...blah blah blah...

So lets put things into the proper perspective shall we???  I didnt send the film into HTC because i assumed you were having a bad night....perhaps you do deserve a break from the game.....

Did you miss the thread title?  I'm pretty sure this is all about making fun of people who get too attached to a chess piece.

:aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
I see no reason to make fun of anyone who is for one reason or another loyal to a specific country.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:19 AM »
<stands up>  Hi my name is Larry and I'm a spy. <sits down>

sP1ez aer dumm3r then ah bag 'o ROX!!11