Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 4495 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »
Did you miss the thread title?  I'm pretty sure this is all about making fun of people who get too attached to a chess piece.

:aok

I understand sir...but the actual episode he was referring too had nothing to do with chess piece loyalty...it had to do with an annoying player spamming country ch....so this thread is based on an incorrect premise...it insinuated that the bish were upset with all Lynchmob because they were no longer bish...honestly I dont think most bish ever gave a second thought to it...they were not one of the squads i would miss...

Your fair response might be "since when have facts ever influenced the starting of a thread?"  and i would have to throw in the towel of defeat.... :aok
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:43:30 AM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »
I see no reason to make fun of anyone who is for one reason or another loyal to a specific country.

And why not?  Give me one reason that isn't silly as to why anyone should be die hard loyal to a chess piece in Aces High 2.

Here, I'll mock some likely responses:

1) It's where all my friends fly!

Easy, meet some new people and make more friends!  If you only stick to one country all the time your missing 2/3's of the fun.

2) But we have to win the war for our country.

Way to easy.  So easy I won't even get started on it.

3) My squad doesn't allow it.

This has to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard for not trying out another chess piece.  Your probably in the wrong squad if this is the case.  Are they so paranoid that they will be accused of spying (omg!) that the squad as a whole says you stay one country or you are out?  I wonder how many people belong to these squads and also moan about ENY or being so horribly outnumbered at other times?

The list goes on, but I really doubt your going to come up with a good reason why everyone shouldn't try out the other chess pieces from time to time.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
Maybe since I haven't played in awhile but some in this community sure like to cry and moan about some of the most moronic and assinine things.  Seriously, a multi-page thread on whether or not switching countries or not is dweebish?  Who cares if someone likes to switch sides?  Who cares if someone likes to fly for a particular country?

Some of you have to take that pacifier out of your mouths and grow some balls.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
And why not?  Give me one reason that isn't silly as to why anyone should be die hard loyal to a chess piece in Aces High 2.

1) It's where all my friends fly!

Easy, meet some new people and make more friends!  If you only stick to one country all the time your missing 2/3's of the fun.

2) But we have to win the war for our country.

Way to easy.  So easy I won't even get started on it.

3) My squad doesn't allow it.

This has to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard for not trying out another chess piece.  Your probably in the wrong squad if this is the case.  Are they so paranoid that they will be accused of spying (omg!) that the squad as a whole says you stay one country or you are out?  I wonder how many people belong to these squads and also moan about ENY or being so horribly outnumbered at other times?

The list goes on, but I really doubt your going to come up with a good reason why everyone shouldn't try out the other chess pieces from time to time.

You call them excuses, others call them reasons.  Who is to decide which is which, or which is right or wrong?  Don't tell me the communtiy, because it can not even agree.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
I understand you and trafalz are trying to make this into some "they think we are spies" or a "chess piece loyalty" issue but if you read my post you MIGHT understand what causes YOU to be unwelcome is your behavior...this was the third time I witnessed your behavior and unpleasant interactions (coming over and trying to assume control of bish operations when you are very vocal about how "bad" the bish are)...it was the first time I chose to intervene....

Maybe you would like me to post the film of you private voxing me 2 weeks ago...I came back from eating dinner to hear you screeching about how terrible I was for some mission against the rooks...You were vulgar and clueless....I turned on the film and recorded it.....if i didnt know better I would swear you were Storch reincarnated...

This is not isolated and I have heard other bish complain about the same behaviors...

Lots of folks rotate countries and are welcomed (banshee7 and karaya inthe 303rd come to mind)  They fly on our vox and are welcomed.  Even though I am not a fan of the muppets they are a good example of a squad who dont have a specific country and yet you rarely see folks asking them to leave....

So lets put things into the proper perspective shall we???  I didnt send the film into HTC because i assumed you were having a bad night....perhaps you do deserve a break from the game.....

The time I private voxed you was in regards to getting mass chat reported. I discussed this issue with Skuzzy the next day. He reviewed the text and the suspension was lifted.

I don't play this game for you or anyone's approval. Actually, if I piss you off, then mission accomplished. Is it personal? Absolutely not. You are the one, being a Chess Piece Patriot and all, who was left with a sour taste in your mouth. Lighten up a little. I can tell you that most of what I say in game has some sense of humor in it. Most people don't get it.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »
Maybe since I haven't played in awhile but some in this community sure like to cry and moan about some of the most moronic and assinine things.  Seriously, a multi-page thread on whether or not switching countries or not is dweebish?  Who cares if someone likes to switch sides?  Who cares if someone likes to fly for a particular country?

Some of you have to take that pacifier out of your mouths and grow some balls.

ack-ack

Sigh...I find myself in total agreement with ack-ack.... :t

There are loners and there are group people...simple

There are many reasons folks switch sides:

1.  Better fun/fights the way they want it
2.  Meet more people
3.  Different experiences
4.  Burnout
5.  Griefing
6.  Spying
7.  Milkrunning strats

The problem is noone knows for sure why someone is switching so their behaviors tend to be what they are judged upon...

and yes...many would be shocked by the names of folks who have pm'd me with noe/cv/mission information...I have never used or passed the information on because it is too gamey for my taste...much of this game is like playing battleship with your kids....you have to CHOOSE not to cheat...it is too easy otherwise....

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
The time I private voxed you was in regards to getting mass chat reported. I discussed this issue with Skuzzy the next day. He reviewed the text and the suspension was lifted.

I don't play this game for you or anyone's approval. Actually, if I piss you off, then mission accomplished. Is it personal? Absolutely not. You are the one, being a Chess Piece Patriot and all, who was left with a sour taste in your mouth. Lighten up a little. I can tell you that most of what I say in game has some sense of humor in it. Most people don't get it.

I hope trafalz reads this and understands why you are not liked or respected....

I will tell you that this a sucky way to go through life....using the anonymity of the internet to be a jerk is very easy...most would find it unsatisfactory and I am too old to tolerate rudeness when i am trying to relax and have fun....

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »

I will tell you that this a sucky way to go through life....using the anonymity of the internet to be a jerk is very easy...most would find it unsatisfactory and I am too old to tolerate rudeness when i am trying to relax and have fun....

While I agree that the use of the internet as an alternative medium through which to realize some sort of 'jerk fantasy' is a total waste of time and is, in many respects, sad, its still not quite as bad as actually being a jerk and using the internet as some sort of venue in which to make an attempt to appear as anything less, through tongue-in-cheek text.

:salute

(Like that)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »
Bishnitrook

Folks never PM me information.... they know I'll alert everyone in the arena that there is someone passing info.  :rofl
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:00:57 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »
I hope trafalz reads this and understands why you are not liked or respected....I will tell you that this a sucky way to go through life....using the anonymity of the internet to be a jerk is very easy...most would find it unsatisfactory and I am too old to tolerate rudeness when i am trying to relax and have fun....
You cant say that hes not liked or respected. Maybe by you, or a few but you do seem as though you rush to conclusions and tend not to see things objectivley by my oppionion. ( the quick assumption that he had an agenda with that CV besides just playing the game.  The assumption that we were there to "milkrun" our freinds.) The purpose of this thread is not to say "hey switch sides, its the cool thing to do" or that your a dweeb for being loyal to your country. Like Moot pointed out in a seperate thread which is great food for thought:
The tangible effect of anything said on this forum is informative, not authoritative.  There's nothing forcing anyone to do what's written on a virtual forum.  The only way it will happen is if something picked up on the forum leads someone to agree, and there too it's still the reader/player that's making the decision to play one way or another.  [/i]

Were we treated by some in bishland as the redheaded stepchild?..YES, by quite a few ( One in particular was really obnoxious). Do we care? NO. Mission accomplished..we had fun and got to fly with a few old pals. :salute Swampdragons btw..great bunch of guys!! To those few that gave us grief,  I started this thread expressing my views on the subject (that I am totaly intitled to.)If those that read this can sit back and say "maybe its not so bad, it wont kill me to try", then WONDERFUL..small victory for me, but I just made one persons game much better.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

1) Dont want too.

2) Dont have too.

3) Not even thinking about it.

Edit.....    :D

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
You cant say that hes not liked or respected.   We can but you said it first.  ;)

Were we treated by some in bishland as the redheaded stepchild?..YES, by quite a few ( One in particular was really obnoxious). Do we care? NO.    Then why the rant?  Are you on a swith country revival? 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »
[

Must I draw pictures or can we do things the easy way and read the last post?

****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »
chess is a good game.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline F111

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »
For one I don't change sides.  Do not care if others do but see no reason why I should change sides.  You have 200 to socialize no need to go rook or bishop.