Author Topic: SICKO  (Read 1971 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
SICKO
« on: April 14, 2009, 12:17:46 AM »
Have any of you watch this documentary film about the health care system?  Oh, it was directed by Micheal Moore.  Despite i don't take his side, this one i do.  The health care system is a joke.  It always have and always will.  They are the scum of the earth.  Forget about the banks, oil companies and CEO's pay.  Medical Health Insurance companies are sticking it to us and we are all suckers.     
I was denied because i have Hepatitis C.  They calmed it is a deadly disease and that there is no medication that can kill the virus.  Well, i had that dam disease for 26 years, it is not deadly unless i drink alcohol heavily (i don't drink at all) and still alive. 

My humble opinion about the health care system, they are all a bunch of HOs.  Are you happy with you health insurance?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: SICKO
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »
Before I respond, what would be your solution to the problem?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:44:55 AM »
Yes, i need a time machine to take me back and stop from getting it. 

But what i am most focusing on this topice is how the health insurance making lot and lots of money yet, they try to find ways to reject your calamine.  Not all the time this happens, but it happens.  It is a joke how they paint a pretty pitcher of them self but behind that there is the truth.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
The individual policy health insurance industry is geared toward young healthy people.

If you cant get coverage, don't worry, after all of your assets are liquidated and used for medical care you will qualify for medicaid.

shamus   
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
Your first mistake is calling that program a "documentary".  I suppose you think that I should pay the health care costs that are due to your poor decision making?

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »
They are wrong about Hep C.  My stepfather got it from a blood transfusion in the '70s before they knew it existed.  Anyway, I don't know what sort of treatment he received, but he was cured.  They are jerking you around.  Contact a lawyer.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »
Michael Moore is a tard.

Healthcare is a joke, this is not news.

As Gavagai said, procure the services of an attorney.  Try to find one that works on percentage, and doesn't take a retainer.  Any good attorney will have a 1st impression as to wether or not you have a case, and can he/she win it or not.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
They are wrong about Hep C.  My stepfather got it from a blood transfusion in the '70s before they knew it existed.  Anyway, I don't know what sort of treatment he received, but he was cured.  They are jerking you around.  Contact a lawyer.

I got it from a blood transfusion too in 1981.  Ask him what he did to eradicated it. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »
Sluggish
Yr reply was in very poor taste ....
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »
Here is his reply:

I had interferon and ribavirin.

The fact is, even though I've been tested every year since my treatment in 2001 with no hint of Hep C virus in my blood, the insurance companies would still refuse to insure me if I was applying as an individual. They can't turn me down as part of a group which is why I have no problem while I'm working.

In California they have a state subsidized program under HIPAA that will cover me, but it's quite expensive and I had to use it for awhile. I don't know about Indiana, but your friend should investigate what the state has to offer, whatever state your friend is in.

This is one reason I hate insurance companies.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »
Health care in America is the best you will find.  Try having a long term illness in a country with socialized medicine.  The ONLY positive on that is that in some cases, their prescription costs are less.

If you are bashing the insurance industry, they have their rules because people with pre-existing diseases and illnesses are a drain on their reserves.  Companies can deny based on potential insurees being overweight as well.  Fact is, for decades in America companies can and do deny coverage for those with pre-existing diseases because they are an extremely poor risk...and that is the ENTIRE premise that insurance (any) is based on---risk.  People with pre-existing illnesses are an extremely poor risk.

There are even "fraternal" insurance companies that are run with no profit at all ("Woodmen of The World" for example).  Others have to have massive cash reserves on hand (by state law) to pay out claims...billions, if need be.

Companies run ads & commericals encouraging people to get coverage when they are young BEFORE they get diseases or illnesses.  Anyone who doesn't is simply gambling with their health care future.  Sometimes they never get sick or get diseases and it pays off and the vast majority of the time they end up getting sick/injured and have to pay the entire 100% of the bill--and go bankrupt...here's another stat no one wants to hear...80% of all people who go bankrupt due to medical bills HAD major medical---and no supplimental whatsoever.

Worse yet, those who have major medical and think that it covers everything--it doesn't.  MM covers about 80% of your health care bills.  If you don't have a decent MM suppliment policy you get stuck for the other 20%.  Most people don't think that when they get very sick or in an accident that when the bill comes to $200,000---they get stuck for $40,000 that's left over.  Even while some supplimentals cost as little as a whopping $6 a week--millions of Americans don't even have it.  I guess they think that scratching a check for $40,000 is no big deal.

If you want to point a finger at abuse in the system, point it at the millions who know they need insurance and don't get it.  They get sick or hurt and end up in the ER--with NO insurance and expect free treatment.  When they default on the bill, the cost has to be written off as a loss and as operating costs go up--costs of services go up.  I have even seen private hospitals turn people with no insurance away.  Public hospitals (who get national, state, or local tax dollars as funding) have to eat the loss--at the expense of people who are insured as well as taxpayers.

Go look at any hospital ER and look around.  Just under half have no insurance at all.  When they get treated, who pays for that?  We all do.

Getting a lawyer to attempt to sue a company for refusing to write you will be a waste of your time and resources. 

Companies have a right to deny writing anyone with pre-existing conditions they feel are a bad risk...that includes heart attacks, strokes, fibromyalgia, cancer, hepetitis, cirrohis, diabetes, and a laundry list of about 30 others.

Had anyone gotten coverage before their condition, they would enjoy 80% to 100% right now (depending on their coverage).

Shop around.  There are some companies that WILL write you for any other condition other than your current one.  There are a boatload of different kinds of cancer, yet, most companies that offer a cancer policy will write you for every other type of cancer other than the one someone already had. 

It's all about risk and transferring risk of one person to a group of many.

ROX

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »
Health care in America is the best you will find.  Try having a long term illness in a country with socialized medicine.

Funny that life-expectancy is longer in Western Europe and Japan... Sorry skuzzy! :devil
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Funny that life-expectancy is longer in Western Europe and Japan... Sorry skuzzy! :devil

And you can attribute that to diet and exercise...something the US populus is sorely lacking for most.

ROX

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »
the problem is their concern is to make money and not to help people, thats the fundemental problem with health insurance.

They don't want to help the sick, only the healthy, heard that story a dozen times, its really sad.

Socialized health care has its flaws too, but I believe overall its a better deal.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 04:49:19 PM »
interferon and ribavirin, i took that crap in 1999.  $3,000.00 a month for 9 months and i didn't help.  I was sick every day, lost weight, hair, always was pale looking, shook a lot and most of all it kill me when it comes to running.  I was able to to run 3 miles then when on that stuff, i was lucky to make it 200 meters. 
The only good thing about having Hep C is that it is not sexually transmitted.  So, FU Pama Anderson, looks like you been shooting crack with Tommy.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group