Author Topic: Ho's and ropes  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Ho's and ropes
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 09:49:13 PM »
Since I started flying the LA7 this happens to me alot, I am only alive 75% of time after this said shot going down into them lol.

Timing is everything, young padawan.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
Not a HO as sadi before, when ever i am roping someone they usually are the the point of stalling and manage to shoot back and rip my wing off. :noid
Strokes

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »
Sometimes I like to rope someone into trying to stall me out also LOL, this seems to be the only way I ever kill an UBER pilot.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »
That means that aren't UBER. They would live every time if they were. :P
Strokes

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
That means that aren't UBER. They would live every time if they were. :P

Jesus your quick strokes if you flew as good as you sneak in a forum reply you would be untouchable! :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »
dam!!n read the title, and thought i was gonna see a post about something kinky.
 :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 02:12:45 AM »
Sometimes in a Rope you just can't hang up there long enough for them to stall, and 9 out of 10 times there already shooting hopping for that lucky hit. So its not a Ho its self defense.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:09 AM »
Roping is a delicate skill. If you do it perfectly you're coming down on your opponent when they are just flippin over and losing their guns on you. Coming down on them while they still have gunsight on you even if theyre just hanging is just sloppy :)
Either way, it's the guy hanging n spraying on his prop pretty much unable to adjust a shot that is looking like the chump here.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 03:35:37 AM »
no ...enjoy...u earnt it     :aok    :salute

+ the rest

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »
Its a HO it doesn't change just because your in the vertical although for some reason there seems to be more tolerance towards HOs of this kind.
Its obviously a lot harder to judge the state of control the guy your roping has whether hes run out of E or is trying to avoid ramming you.

Some people believe just because you won't play chicken with them ie you break from guns first to avoid a collision that its fair game for them to have a 'frontal shot' on you because it is technically not a HO. That kind of behaviour is as lame as a HO itself.
At this point they'll try and justify it with "but your trying to get an angles advantage on me by not playing chicken!" well of course I am you should be too! Even if you wait until the last second to duck or go to one side some people still blast you  :mad:

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
I just had a funny encounter where I decided to keep E-adv then rope n was subsequently accused of HOing:

http://www.4shared.com/file/102800191/1f55c6ff/thesuckho.html

text not in the film "i blind rumble?" lol.

yeehaw nice ho..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:06:48 AM by RumbleB »

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 09:22:32 AM »
Conversely it would not have been a HO if he'd shot you in the face on your way down...
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »
This is something that I (for some reason) got concerned about. When roping a plane and you loop back over the top, and he's still on the way up, but obviously not going to catch you - would that count as a ho?

The old "vertical HO" (I call it that, but its really not a "HO") is one of the most dweeby things you can do, IMO. 

Its nothing more than an act of desperation and is guaranteed to get the player whacked, regardless of whether or not he can land any lucky hits.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »
I don't know why everyone is so concerned about HOing, apparently it's accepted practice. I just logged off irritated after being killed 5 times in not so many more flights by cheap shot HOers, 3 of em by the same guy on initial merge. Chickensheet non-flying HOers.

:furious
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »
if you both got guns on each other then of course its a HO. which is fine, like all HOs its reasonable to do if you've got a significantly better chance of a killshot than the other guy. if you time it right and he's flopping around on the edge of stall while you're settled into a dive it should be an easy kill with little chance of being shot. if hes still climbing and has a stable gun platform, then its more like the classic level 50/50 HO, in which case avoid it and get advantage another way :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli