Author Topic: Contemplations about a possible perked ords system  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Contemplations about a possible perked ords system
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »
Only real objection would be why lose the perks if you still can manage to land?  Perk all ords and, at the very least, this would go further to discourage bomb and bail or bomb and auger sorties.

That doesn't sound unreasonable.
Though many 1000lbs bombs are simply dropped on enemy tanks without much risk of dying.. And I would like to see some incentive to use a smaller (500lbs) unless really necessary (vs Tiger for example).

Hmmmm... still thinking about this

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »
Why would the BK5 be perked?
For the same reason the Mollins 57mm would have to be perked.  Pyro told me a couple of years ago when I called HTC that their concern with the Mollins 57mm would be its ability to snipe bombers from outside of the range of the bomber's defensive guns.  The BK5 would have the same issue attached to it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »
This is where I don't point out that the MK103 would be about as effective for that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm up for most change in the dynamics of gameplay. This game has to evolve / change to survive.. haha kidding, it has to do that to keep ME happy!

mememememe!!!!!!!!!!!!

then again I pay 30 bux a month for this game! :noid

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
Not fix... but promote diversity. Not taking simply the biggest bomb, giving an incentive of using genuine attackers / light bombers over fighters in certain situations.

Well the idea is good but its never going to work. If one thing has been proven in this game, people are going to fly what they want.

It kinda sounds like you want to protect GVs more then they are. OK, Im with you. But do it in a far simpler manner. Get rid of the Lanc-stuka'ing, give GVs a tower pad near spawns, and my biggest one, penalize for bomb and bailing.

I dont think your plan would work because #1, nobody cares about bomber perks. They are going to take the biggest bombs anyways. What may work is giving away more perk points for taking out targets using smaller bombs. But even that would be overly complicated.

Much would be solved by introducing a more capable attack bomber, the TU-2 or the A-26. Ive been saying for how long we need more perk bombers, we really need a perk attack bomber most of all. Lacking that the TU-2 would be an extremely versatile non-perk attacker and would fill out the axis set more.

Lusche you could go to all that trouble with these changes and still they will be flinging their 1,000 lb bombs out their Lancs at 1,000'. They will still be loading the big eggs on their Jabos, or even worse, will simply stop taking ords period and the game will just be furball Island. Not a good scenario for an expert bomber hunter like you.
 :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »
Great idea, i personally like the B5N and TBM for bombing gvs because the slower speeds helps me drop better. I would love to see the Il2 perked due to the 2 times I had one strafe my Tiger one pass and kill me, it wasnt good shooting by the pilot he took the first angle he had on my Tiger. If the tiger is gunna be around 25 perks a tank the il2 with 37mm gun package and bombs should be atleast 8-10 perks... :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 08:22:30 PM »
Exactly what is it your trying to fix, or improve, or change?

Then Pyro first proposed the idea of a perked ordnance system, it was mentioned that it was brought about because we've already reached the max for ordnance.  This kept planes like the B-25H from being able to carry ordnance like HVARs because the current ordnance system didn't allow for it.  By introducing a perk system (Pyro never mentioned in detail how it was going to work) to the ordnance packages, things like perking the 37mm cannon on the LA 7 or loading up a B-25H with rockets would be possible.  It would also possibly allow for other ordnance packages such as parafrags and the like.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:24:24 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song