Author Topic: Isn't this against the rules?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Isn't this against the rules?
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »
Well yesterday there was a pilot who bailed over A71 after he got shot down and apparently he was still in his chute causing A71's ack to focus on him and not against the P47s diving in and around the ack.

Isn't this against the rules to draw ack fire while in your chute to game the AA tracking?

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Isn't this against the rules?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »
I do recall a discussion about this in the Russian/Japan event.  But it really doesn't matter with the ack, they are not accurate like MA's are.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
It was a problem for our wounded birds trying to land and the Dweeb was 68Austex.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »
I do recall a discussion about this in the Russian/Japan event.  But it really doesn't matter with the ack, they are not accurate like MA's are.

The ack in this setup, if I read the rules correctly, stated that the ack was to be set at .5. Which I'm assuming is half the MA limit. With a regular airfield having 10-20 emplacements depending on the field, hits will still register, and depending on the pilot, they might not know that the ack is reduced and break off of their pursuit of the con going through the AA fire.

Edit: I just tried this Online with the ack settings listed in the settup, I took 7 hits from a V-base flying level at 1000 feet going 320MPH in a 47, I decided to fly over a large airbase after that, same speed(Maybe a little faster), same alt, over 20 hits on my first pass which brought the whole plane down while setting me on fire.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:49:36 PM by choppit »

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
Well yesterday there was a pilot who bailed over A71 after he got shot down and apparently he was still in his chute causing A71's ack to focus on him and not against the P47s diving in and around the ack.

Isn't this against the rules to draw ack fire while in your chute to game the AA tracking?

Wouldn't worry about it Talon....it seems its only a problem when certain squads do it.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
I normally dont get involved with this sort of thing but I was there to see it happen.I made a pass over the field to see the chute and the asked if it was against the rules to kill the chute but b4 I could I found myself engaged with several P47's.

IMHO this sort of gameiness should stop,leave it in the Ma's and the culprit should be dealt with firmly,ie no second chance and banned from the rest of this frame.Furthermore a warning issued that this sort of behaviour will be dealt with harshly and a permanent ban will result if it should happen again.

:salute

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Hmm, wouldn't it make more sense to, at the minimum, up the ack so that it is at least dangerous to a soft target like a pilot's body?

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
Hmm, wouldn't it make more sense to, at the minimum, up the ack so that it is at least dangerous to a soft target like a pilot's body?

The ack was not hitting his chute is the thing. He was positioned where the ack was shooting at the ground at his chute. I have the film.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:33:27 AM »
The ack was not hitting his chute is the thing. He was positioned where the ack was shooting at the ground at his chute. I have the film.

So, he bailed away from the field and walked to the ack?

Otherwise, the ack should have hand ample opportunity to kill him.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 07:38:03 AM »
Whether the ack should of killed him or not. The rules state this.

- Pilots are expected to do their "fighting" from the AC or GV's that they have been assigned to by their CiC. Once you have been shot down, you should be heading to you tower.

I have it on film from Operation Jubilee Frame 3,  2 chutes on the ground making 3 miles per hour during the end of the frame.

Didn't see them until I reviewed the films. 

To me the rules are pretty cut and dried. You hit the silk, you hit the tower. It should take only 30 seconds at the most to hit end sortie or .ef.

How long does it take to float to the ground in a chute? If your on the ground in a chute, you've more than wore out your welcome.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:06:56 AM by Dustoff2 »
AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
If they bailed over enemy territory, yes they should have towered as stated in the rules.

However, if bailing over friendly territory you should have the option of walking to the nearest friendly base. 
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
This complaint is against a member of my squad, 68Austex. It will be handled.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline 68falcon

• Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »
Gentlemen,

Firstly, we'd like to apologize for the above incident. It was a clear violation of the FSO rules.

The 68th Lightning Lancers strive to set ourselves the highest standards in terms of staying within both the letter and the spirit of the rules in both the MA and Special Events. Doing so is a basic requirement for membership of the squad. Clearly, on this occasion, we failed to meet those standards.

We have satisfied ourselves that the player involved was not aware of the specific rule regarding towering out, however that does not excuse us, as the leadership of the squad from ensuring all members are aware of the rules. Both the specific player, and the squad membership at large, have been reminded of their duty to be fully aware of the general FSO rules and specific frame instructions, and of the squad leaderships' expectations that we will meet them.

Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »
CM's were onto it but by the time the arrived someone had strafed him.

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »
Wouldn't worry about it Talon....it seems its only a problem when certain squads do it.
What squads are those HiTone? I can't help but wonder what squads you think get away with bending or breaking the rules and what squads don't.

68th Lighting Lancers are one of the most respected squads in FSO and Aces High. When I saw it was a 68th pilot I "knew" it would be dealt with by 68Falcon or 68Raptor. To suggest or hint otherwise is ludicrous, or ignorant.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure