Author Topic: Why I dont tune to 200  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Why I dont tune to 200
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »
Simply because I want to kill other players any way I can because its a war game. I dont get on here that much now and when I do I dont want someone who spends most of their free time in the game telling me how to play it becaue I am supposed to have:

1) Hoed them
2) Picked them
3) Run away
4) Ganaged them
5) Interfered in their exclusive duel outside of the duelling arena.
6) Not flying the plane they think I should fly

etc etc etc etc ;) 
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: Why I dont tune to 200
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »
Better de-tune the forum now I hear a train comin :)

~AoM~

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:53 AM »
Better de-tune the forum now I hear a train comin :)

No Doubt, The Forum is like channel 200 on steroids!!!
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:26:42 AM »
 :uhoh

Seriously though killing real people (in a game) like this is great recreation after a stressfull frustrating day and doing it in a sneaky underhanded and unchivilrous manner can be fun and therapeutic sometimes.

The officianados should accept the place of the dilitant and not keep crying about it or stick to off line sims ;)

I know some people are great skillmeisters in the game but maybe you should push for a gentlemans arena with more rules of conduct and "Fair Play". You seem to gravitat to A V A which in my opinion makes the most ralistic arena the least realisitic with all the bleating on 200 the place is turning into more of DA than a scenario.   
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »
<--- bad mood.

Blargh.... enough with the bloody "why I don't tune 200" threads.

We don't frigging care that you don't care that we think you're lame for HOing or running or picking.

If you're getting called out for these things often enough for it to be a problem for you on 200..... the chances are that you are frigging doing it!

If you're doing it, you're a pain in the butt... that's all there is to it. Ruining the fun of others for the sake of your gratification isn't cool.

If you don't want to listen to people calling it like it is... don't. Why is it necessary to tell us this?

Like I said, if you're getting called out enough on these things for 200 to be a problem for you... you probably do act like a horses rear-end and as such, no one will care that you aren't on 200.

When I play it seems that all the people that get called out on 200 are usually knob-ends. You're probably American, so this might not be as conclusive for you... but still.

This isn't personal, Yarbles, I don't know you. I can't remember fighting you... my response is more of a general reply to the bloody constant stream of bell-ends that come on this forum and whine about why they aren't on 200.

Bottom line is this:

If 200 is a problem for you.... it is very likely that you act like a penace. There are exceptions... and Yarbles may well be one (I have no idea either way).... but a bottom line is still a bottom line and is so for a reason.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:55:35 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »
Ive missed more planes listening to 200, so I dont tune. Too distracting. Funny at times, but distracting.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »
200 is for two things:

-Discussions regarding breasts
-Pissing in the wind

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Following on from what you said Xanthus my experience of 200 is very different.

Ive never been Hoed other than when I allowed it to happen, I only get picked when I am not practising situational awareness and I dont expect planes that I can out turn easily or outnumber not to run.

In other words I take what is dished out to me and unlike a "your" typical Pom I dont whinge about it. I expect people in the other country to try and kill me and I dont expect everyone in mine to leap to my aid.

Too often you kill someone and find out on 200 they are poor spirited when in defeat. :(

Becuase someone is good at ACM doesnt necessarily mean they have a mature attitiude to the game and the win lose aspect of competition, which is a defect in the universe in general and one I would correct if I could.

This is my personal experience.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:57:34 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »
Yarbles.  I understand your viewpoint and completely agree.  I have not tuned 200 since June of 2007, the month of my start in Aces High. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »
If you don't like hearing what you do then either change your ways or don't tune a channel where you'll hear it.

Same for the folks that don't like the way you chose to fly. They can go fly in another area where they can find fights and leave you to others that fly like yourself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »
:uhoh

Seriously though killing real people (in a game) like this is great recreation after a stressfull frustrating day and doing it in a sneaky underhanded and unchivilrous manner can be fun and therapeutic sometimes.

The officianados should accept the place of the dilitant and not keep crying about it or stick to off line sims ;)

I know some people are great skillmeisters in the game but maybe you should push for a gentlemans arena with more rules of conduct and "Fair Play". You seem to gravitat to A V A which in my opinion makes the most ralistic arena the least realisitic with all the bleating on 200 the place is turning into more of DA than a scenario.   

yes, it is......except when you get some dork that has to ho ya, rather than use tactics to kill ya.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 11:13:51 AM »

In other words I take what is dished out to me and unlike a "your" typical Pom I dont whinge about it. I expect people in the other country to try and kill me and I dont expect everyone in mine to leap to my aid.

Too often you kill someone and find out on 200 they are poor spirited when in defeat. :(

whatcha think you're doing here dude? if you didn't whine, this thread wouldn't exist.

me personally......i don't whine when i lose....unless it's some tard that just ruined a good fight. you know what i mean too.....you just felt like whining today........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »
It's a double standard. 

He can whine to us about his peeves, but we're not supposed to whine to him...  At least not on ch200 

The officianados should accept the place of the dilitant and not keep crying about it or stick to off line sims
:huh :lol

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »
  200 is good entertainment when on a long flight but I don't usually keep it tuned. A waste of text space when you need to be aware of whats going on. When they really get POed at you they will PM you.  :furious
 I've only been PMed once or twice and probaly deserved it but it was fun chasing that enemy through his flak and denying him his kills while trying to land and flying off into the sunset.  :D
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 11:46:44 AM »
It's a double standard. 

He can whine to us about his peeves, but we're not supposed to whine to him...  At least not on ch200 
 :huh :lol

Please dont talk about me as if I am not here :D

Yes it is a duel standard but I cant see any other way of giving the other point of view. "Whingeing about the whingers". People who have time to spend taking the game seriously and becoming highly skilled see themselves as the consensus but in fact they are a very vocal minority who try to make rules for the rest.

Of course it is what it is but I can still comment and moderate hopefully the worst excesses ;)
DFC/GFC/OAP