Author Topic: Why I dont tune to 200  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why I dont tune to 200
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »
Please dont talk about me as if I am not here :D

Yes it is a duel standard but I cant see any other way of giving the other point of view. "Whingeing about the whingers". People who have time to spend taking the game seriously and becoming highly skilled see themselves as the consensus but in fact they are a very vocal minority who try to make rules for the rest.

Of course it is what it is but I can still comment and moderate hopefully the worst excesses ;)

Actually they are not making any rules for you. They just point out to others that want a fight to avoid you. You make your own rules as long as HT does not see it as abusive to the game. Your own rules are set by your personal standards be they high or low..
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »
Actually they are not making any rules for you. They just point out to others that want a fight to avoid you. You make your own rules as long as HT does not see it as abusive to the game. Your own rules are set by your personal standards be they high or low..

This whole personal standards High or Low is nonsense this is a war game not tennis, and a fight is a fight. There is a far too much snobbery and general opinionated nonsense in the game. People using erroneous concepts like personal standards to control how others play so they can turn the game into a DA because people cant control the mix. The point is there are too many variables to control and a fight is a fight.

I think the highly skilled people who want to remove the random element should move into their own arena where they can duel eachother and argue about rules while the majority play war. :D

If I see someone and I have the advantage I will kill them fare fight or not. The real skill is making sure you have that advantage or wingman etc that is what the enviroment is for, that is the dynamic. All you lone rangers should really get together in one place and do your thing and play by your rules. If I see you in the ma trying to land kills, smoking, on fire , low and slow, taking off etc Ill kill you and enjoy it  :rofl     
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:29:07 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
whats not to like about ch200,   sometimes it is entertaining and people can comment on fights etc,  

if you cant handle a little text warfare then your better off tuning out,  sometimes when all the ruffian americans get on, it can get a bit TOO much but all the rest of the time I don't see why you should ignore it.

I have friends and enemies on all sides and personally my gaming experience would be lessened if I couldnt interact with them.

If i'm ever caught on 200 slanging someone (rare) i've probably had a bad day or in a bit of a mood and shouldnt be taken seriously.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
whats not to like about ch200,   sometimes it is entertaining and people can comment on fights etc,  

In a nutshell all the overgrown teenagers, bad losers and general Sherman Tankers depress me sometimes.

Your probably one of the best couple of pilots in the game and I know even you get accused of all this nonsense. In the end people should wise up to themselves. Why?

Because I say so because like I said I never get picked, Ganged or Hoed so I have nothing to whinge about.

People fly badly make mistakes and then blame everyone else and try to make silly rules, Its pathetic :cry :cry   
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
well yarbles i'd rather hear all the crybabies than play in total silence not knowing whether people are happy or sad that I just blew them out of the virtual sky   ;),

Some games have fascist mods that jump on any sign of horseplay and that takes a little fun out of a GAME don't you think?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »
one of the more classy guys in MW from some skwad called the class acts...I think they are now the of course we cheat squad.....we came at each other head on firing and I got hits on him and he smoked my engine up so I ran like a baby to my field ack and loitered there trying to sucker him in for the ack drag kill.  He chickened out on that and instead commenced to vultch a C47 in a landing pattern.  as a result of this vultch he got his own engine smoked so I figured we were back on even footing and I went after him.  of course he bailed out to avoid being killed and I got the kill.  guy started to whine like a stuck pig, of course.

Sometimes the cheap smackers are fun to mess with :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »

Some games have fascist mods that jump on any sign of horseplay and that takes a little fun out of a GAME don't you think?

Ok we cant have that. Ill tune in again now and then but my standard reply will be "your dead and I am not" to the whingers.

To the wannabe rule makers and those with the o so high standards I say Bruv can kick all your ***** no problem without telling you how to fight and I can hold his coat :P

DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »
Your own rules are set by your personal standards be they high or low..
At first I was going to disagree with you as this is just a cartoon game but truth is that how a person behaves in the game, especially towards other players (not so much their approach to combat techniques), really does shine a line on their personal character.   Having said that, most of the people I come into contact with in-game are good people.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 12:51:21 PM »
well what empowers you even more yarbles is to leave it tuned in and not respond to someone purposefully.  Then salute them  :)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 12:57:39 PM »
that how a person behaves in the game, especially towards other players (not so much their approach to combat techniques), really does shine a line on their personal character.   Having said that, most of the people I come into contact with in-game are good people.

I agree with this and nothing reflects so badly on a persons character than a failure to accept gracefully their mistake or defeat. When as so often happens they start erroneous rule making and basically accusing the other of cheating it makes me sick. This is equally apparent in the highly skilled and the newb and as much in my opinion among the old lags as the newbs. 
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
well what empowers you even more yarbles is to leave it tuned in and not respond to someone purposefully.  Then salute them  :)

:devil I can imagine the veins throbbing in their temples. The salute can be a powerfull form of abuse correctly used :lol 
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »
This whole personal standards High or Low is nonsense this is a war game not tennis, and a fight is a fight. There is a far too much snobbery and general opinionated nonsense in the game. People using erroneous concepts like personal standards to control how others play so they can turn the game into a DA because people cant control the mix. The point is there are too many variables to control and a fight is a fight.

I think the highly skilled people who want to remove the random element should move into their own arena where they can duel eachother and argue about rules while the majority play war. :D

If I see someone and I have the advantage I will kill them fare fight or not. The real skill is making sure you have that advantage or wingman etc that is what the enviroment is for, that is the dynamic. All you lone rangers should really get together in one place and do your thing and play by your rules. If I see you in the ma trying to land kills, smoking, on fire , low and slow, taking off etc Ill kill you and enjoy it  :rofl     

better idea......hows about you move to another arena? you won't hear the poop on 200 that way.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
better idea......hows about you move to another arena? you won't hear the poop on 200 that way.

Brilliant :aok :rolleyes: :(
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
Brilliant :aok :rolleyes: :(

whelp...you're the one that has a problem with everyone else, so it was the only thing that makes any sense.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
I like cheeseburgers.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey