Author Topic: Why I dont tune to 200  (Read 3487 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Why I dont tune to 200
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »
Your two cents are wrong. It has always been:  two to merge, one to make it a HO. Attempt to rewrite definition:  DENIED
:aok :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
 I get so bored of trying to raise this concept to the surface round here but the MA is not the DA. If you want to ensure you wont get ho'ed or cherry picked etc etc etc go fly in the DA with friends. In the MA if you are not ho'ed by someone, send an S! when they kill you. If you are ho'ed you can just ignore them and replane. Learn to shoot back at someone if its your last option. Learn NOT to put yourself in a  possition to get picked off and then complain when it happens. Bad gameplay, in all of your hearts before you even log in. What you get from this is what you choose to see. You dont stand a chance of enjoying the game if your preconception is one of dissapointment and verbal exchanges before you log in. That is there and you will see it every time if you choose to. So many people just being so ungratefull for what we have.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 03:23:39 AM »

What Mechanic said above:

:aok :aok :aok :aok

This should be lore in AH.

Put simply:

Rule 1: Fight duels in the DA.

Rule 2: If your in the MA dont try and fight your battles on 200. The MA is a maelstrom of the unpredictable and if you cant cope with that shut up or go to the DA and cry about Hoing etc when you get killed there.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:28:41 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2009, 03:35:09 AM »
ok.....first off.......my online time in the game is so frakkin limited, it's almost wasting my money....but i still like it when i can get in there.

now.......when one comes at you with full intentions of ho'ing, and you try to avoid.....they still remove important parts from you. they DID ho you in that instance. you tried to get out of the way, unsuccessfully. then they claim it wasn't a ho, because you didn't have a guns solution.
 the REALLY annoying part of that is that most of those doing it DON'T NEED TO.

I am sorry I have to say it doesnt happen to me. (really) Maybe its your style of flying. I am not good enough to give tips but if I see a big gun p[lane like 110, typhy, la7, nikki. huuri 2c etc I stay well clear of the naughty front end. I dont close merge with thembecause they know they have that advantage and might well use it.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2009, 08:00:12 AM »
I get so bored of trying to raise this concept to the surface round here but the MA is not the DA. If you want to ensure you wont get ho'ed or cherry picked etc etc etc go fly in the DA with friends. In the MA if you are not ho'ed by someone, send an S! when they kill you. If you are ho'ed you can just ignore them and replane. Learn to shoot back at someone if its your last option. Learn NOT to put yourself in a  possition to get picked off and then complain when it happens. Bad gameplay, in all of your hearts before you even log in. What you get from this is what you choose to see. You dont stand a chance of enjoying the game if your preconception is one of dissapointment and verbal exchanges before you log in. That is there and you will see it every time if you choose to. So many people just being so ungratefull for what we have.

soooo......

what you're saying, is that those of us that like to furball, should stop our furball, and go somewhere else when some scoremonger starts circling above and picking from our furball?

i don't think so dude..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:53 AM »
I am sorry I have to say it doesnt happen to me. (really) Maybe its your style of flying. I am not good enough to give tips but if I see a big gun p[lane like 110, typhy, la7, nikki. huuri 2c etc I stay well clear of the naughty front end. I dont close merge with thembecause they know they have that advantage and might well use it.

actually, the ONLY hurri2c pili-it i know that doesn't ho(at least i haven't seen it in a fight with him) is oldman.

every other hurri2 i've ever fought tries endlessly to set up the ho. BTW...when i flew it , i didn't ho. it's not really fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08:26 AM »
actually, the ONLY hurri2c pili-it i know that doesn't ho(at least i haven't seen it in a fight with him) is oldman.

every other hurri2 i've ever fought tries endlessly to set up the ho. BTW...when i flew it , i didn't ho. it's not really fun.

Thanks!  But actually, I haven't flown the IIC in years, I stick with the Hurri I.  By comparison, the IIC is a pig.

- oldman

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »
Seriously, are you so thin-skinned you can't take 200?  Like others have said, if you're getting repeatedly called out for something, it's because you're probably acting like a knob.

Do you cry in real life when someone cracks a joke at you?  Sounds like it. 

Lighten up, Francis...

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »
Seriously, are you so thin-skinned you can't take 200?  Like others have said, if you're getting repeatedly called out for something, it's because you're probably acting like a knob.

Do you cry in real life when someone cracks a joke at you?  Sounds like it. 

Lighten up, Francis...

:rofl ...........and IN!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »
soooo......

what you're saying, is that those of us that like to furball, should stop our furball, and go somewhere else when some scoremonger starts circling above and picking from our furball?

i don't think so dude..........

I think picking as people put it is classic boom and zoom of a powerfull fast plane against a slower turn plane. Its a valid tactic as is anything and when I furball i accept it or fly looking over my shoulder. I think there is allot of skill in picking off several lower planes without falling in with them and losing an advantage for a dissadvantage. Again its only a matter of the perspective of where you are in the fight.

(Not aimed specifically at you Cap 1). I have to say people who complain about it are basically only happy when the game is going their way. Actually if the game went their way all the time they would be bored so why not generally stop the whingeing. Its a nasty noise and anyone doing it just basically sounds un aware or un enlightened. Another example, If you get killed landing 8 kills you should have checked the field was clear if you had no choice about landing its bad luck. Dont start abusing people just shut up and stop being an A HOLE.   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:52:59 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »

You misread..... of course some are going to HO. There are those that are not equipped to fight and others like yarbles that just don't care. Calling those out that do Ho is fine. It allows those of us who like a good fight to go elsewhere to find it and not waste our time. No harm in that. On the other hand if someone is embarrassed by being called out then maybe they should change their ways. You can tell which folks never go to DA. The DA is a mess of HOing individuals... oh and folks who just don't care.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
and others like yarbles that just don't care.

I actually rarely if ever get accused of Hoing. My point is I dont get Hoed and neither do you. You fly recklessly in front of peoples guns and expect them not to fire!!!! :lol

Interesting point about the DA. I think with a certain attitude you get Hoed wherever you go.       
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
I have yet to be impressed with anyone with a
  • tag.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
I have yet to be impressed with anyone with a
  • tag.
I wish I new what you meant  :noid
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
I actually rarely if ever get accused of Hoing. My point is I dont get Hoed and neither do you. You fly recklessly in front of peoples guns and expect them not to fire!!!! :lol

Interesting point about the DA. I think with a certain attitude you get Hoed wherever you go.       
That is not what you said in your post. Hmm if you fly a fighter your reckless in any case. Most all HOs i get  are 3 or more on one. Many time you up and meet 4 cons and all four try to HO right off the bat. Didn't say they hit me... but they do HO and some do get hits.

I think you do not visit the DA much. The only place for a good fight is way away from the lake with individuals that are like minded..... and we don't HO.

Looking at your posts I think your just going on and on changing your thoughts to provoke and your just grasping at straws.

In any case I am done trying to enlighten you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:41:51 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)