Author Topic: Zscores  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Zscores
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »
If it could not cruise around at speeds that were literally above the critical mach number of the prop planes around it, you would actually be right!!! And I do think its perk price should be lowered. Just not worth it for what you get, especially since forwards view was ruined.

Sure, unperk it. But only make it available at the 163 base.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 07:55:59 PM »
Whether or not its science or not..ok not...it does show the Spit16 is way too much plane not to be perked,among others.

Doing this kind of number stuff is what convinced me that some corrections are needed to what is perked and what is not.  Since most are very resistant to perking something that is free today, and the same goal of consistency can be achieved by unperking aircraft instead, you might want to try that perspective, too.

If you want the original spreadsheet that provides a cumulative ranking system that you can tinker with, just pm me your email address.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
Alright, it looks like I'm totally wrong on the mossie.  I am not making up that for the couple of months where I flogged it for all I could, it simply couldn't match the P51/38/152 for zooming/e-fighting. So I don't know what the deal is.. Probably maneuvering e-retention. I just ran a couple of trial dives/zooms in real time between a 152 and mossie, and the 152 only outzoomed the mossie by maybe 200 yards at most.  In a dive, the 152 does walk away from the mossie around 500mph, though.  The quick trials I ran were with 3G and 5G pulls into wep'd vertical zooms, from >500mph dives.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
 I understand what you are saying Karnak, but Im looking at this a real general yardstick for each plane. Not so much how it does in a given situation, rather, in every situation vs all planes.  A mix of offensive +'s and defensive +'s thrown into a blender, and see what spice you taste the strongest.

~AoM~

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
Whether or not its science or not..ok not...it does show the Spit16 is way too much plane not to be perked,among others.

Hmmm...I notice no crowd forming to stone YOU. Yet. ;)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2009, 09:30:18 PM »
WOW!  My P38G is a piece of crap  :)   :rock

WTG Gav.

Your P38G!  Hah! Just cause you finally figured out what fun it is.   That's my P38G.  It's got my name on it too! :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 12:21:12 AM »
I understand what you are saying Karnak, but Im looking at this a real general yardstick for each plane. Not so much how it does in a given situation, rather, in every situation vs all planes.  A mix of offensive +'s and defensive +'s thrown into a blender, and see what spice you taste the strongest.
But the yardstick you will end up with is almost useless.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2009, 12:42:06 AM »
   Its workin good at stirrin so far :P

~AoM~

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »
Sure, unperk it. But only make it available at the 163 base.

That would actually be a good compromise to go along with lowering its perk price some. :aok
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
I wonder how the 262 would rate when being included in those tables. Perhaps we would see that, being outperformed in all but 2 categories, it should be unperked and get a midrange ENY value? ;)

It wouldn't be good for the tables.  I also don't believe you can make a meaningful statistical comparison with Zscores between aircraft like the A6M2 and the 262; the Tempest and F4U-4 already stretch the limit.

Secondly, if I did add the 262, speed and firepower are two of the most weighted categories.  Without a doubt, the 262 would rank above the Tempest over all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:33:42 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
It wouldn't be good for the tables.  I also don't believe you can make a meaningful statistical comparison with Zscores between aircraft like the A6M2 and the 262; the Tempest and F4U-4 already stretch the limit.

Secondly, if I did add the 262, speed and firepower are two of the most weighted categories.  Without a doubt, the 262 would rank above the Tempest over all.

Sometimes you have to throw in a little well-reasoned qualitative judgement...

The 262 is not only faster than all the prop-planes...It can also *cruise* at beyond the dive limit of prop planes. This is a crucial difference, the 262's performance goes beyond merely being the fastest plane except for the 163.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
A rough estimate by looking at the chart and how I feel about how the 262 handles:

262-    Tally +31     

MA adjusted at a -19 ENY remembering a 12 ENY was my middle of the road plane

~AoM~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
<<< Currently perking coffee
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)