Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8310 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »
What if I don't want to be on a team and have my free time scripted and predetermined for me?

No thanks.

It would be in entirely optional.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
Ok while the OP arguement seems to come across as a bit extremist (dropping the e-sport word which is probably one of the most pathetic and ironic words ever spawned)
- some people here seem to think that if a competitive ranking system was introduced the whole game would change?

It would be an addition, not a change. The game wouldn't change there'd just be a better outlet for the top sticks to compete in.. KOTH is just a bit of a mishmash that comes around twice a month.

A lot of opinions in here are so extremely exaggerated it's a bit ridiculous. If you add a competitive system it really has no bearing on the main game world.
It won't turn into counterstrike cause that general populous will stilll not have the patience to learn AH. I don't see how that would change it.
Dweebs will still ho and ram, jokers will still noe bumrush undefended bases, virtual german luftwaffe pilots will still Bore n Zoom you to death and claim that they are all about the fun of the game...

Exactly what are you opposing here?

Granted Kazaas word usage might put some people off.

not that I see any radical changes or additions to this game though. this is by far a game stuck in the 90s as far as design and multiplayer aspects go.

RumbleB,

I did come across way too strong, like a kid on crack. Mentioning that whole e-sport thing was highly exaggerated on my part. But I still stand behind my OP, “I feel that HTC could do more to support competition in AH2”. Adding a system which would allow players to compete on a truly, large scale, competitive level would be a great addition.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:21:19 PM by Kazaa »

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
1. Thing wrong with your post.... If the fight was fair, you planned it wrong.

2. Hoing was a tactic used in WWII

3. Picking- How the hell do you think pilots SURVIVED in WWII

4. the game is in a right direction IMO

1. Perhaps I want a fair fight, and moreover, am not so concerned with weather or not I lose it as much as weather or not I had fun.

2. This isn't WWII, I will always "survive" my AH session.

3. This isn't WWII.

4. As you said, "In your opinion."  In my opinion, it's steadily gone downhill.

Thanks.
Deviant

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »
The problem with competition in this community are the ego's of the players who are afraid to loose their rep as being godlike sticks when they loose badly to someone less known in the game.

What a waste of pixels. Who are these players?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »
Personally i don't like it.  Also i think they should get rid of the ranking system all together, get rid of landing kill messages too while they are at it.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 12:26:02 PM »
I would love to see HTC introduce something like World of Warcraft’s very, very popular arena system into AH2.

We don't need more Xboxers. Aces high is much better than wow, If you want better competition fly an older plane. Bottom line is that most folks never learn their plane to its fullest so the only way you can make the others more competitive is to fly an older bird.

2. Hoing was a tactic used in WWII

You may have missed this the first 100 times it was posted... but this is a game, I would think if you want to be competitive you'd try to out fly your competition rather than just take a 50/50 chance at him. In WWII if you died you were out of the game. If your so gung ho on taking the HO because it was done in WWII then you might think about cancelling your account when you die in that situation as the pilots who died in WWII in a HO situation had their account cancelled. This of course would all just be in staying with your arguement, "that's the way it was done in WWII".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:37:53 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »
We don't need more Xboxers. Aces high is much better than wow, If you want better competition fly an older plane. Bottom line is that most folks never learn their plane to its fullest so the only way you can make the others more competitive is to fly an older bird.

Like I said before, I’m not looking for a challenge per se; more competition is my goal.

I think a lot of people are over exaggerating about how AH2 will completely change if we add another competitive system to the game, laughable actually.

P.S: WoW isn't on Xbox, it's on P.C.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:02:18 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »
I think a lot of people are over exaggerating about how AH2 will completely change if we add another competitive system to the game, laughable actually.
Do you honestly think that the player base and general attitude in the game would not change with the addition of a 'hardcore' competitive game option that would attract hundreds or thousands of new players?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »
P.S: WoW isn't on Xbox, it's on P.C.

I know..... the point being it only appeals to the xbox crowd.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »

I don't believe it was a rant, just a comment on a game you seem to want to model this one after.

But I'm clearly not trying to model AH2 after WoW, if the above was true then I would ask for flyable Dragons instead of authentically modelled, WW2, A/C. I was just using WoW's arena system as an example to use in AH2, it would give players the ability to compete on a on a truly, large scale, competitive level.

It would be like KoTH and/or SDL, but we wouldn’t need to wait every month to compete.

Do you honestly think that the player base and general attitude in the game would not change with the addition of a 'hardcore' competitive game option that would attract hundreds or thousands of new players?

AH2's learning curve is so step that I'm sure the every day "Xbox gamer" wouldn't be able to hack it.

I'm sure it would be a total shame if AH2 could attract hundreds or even thousands of new players, the trajesty lol.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:11:55 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
I know..... the point being it only appeals to the xbox crowd.

:huh I'm sorry but that reply just doesn't make any sense. Let me get this right, WoW is a game on P.C and it "only appeals to the Xbox crowd" lol?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:11:23 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
'The XBox crowd' refers in general to young competitive egotistical gamers, not just to those that play the XBox. Probably because of the popularity of the console. Think how you call most MP3 players iPods or how people used to use Nintendo as a word for game consoles in general, when Nintendo dominated the market.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
I don't call most MP3 players iPods, I'm smart enouth to tell the differents between said iPod and any other brand.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »
I don't call most MP3 players iPods, I'm smart enouth to tell the differents between said iPod and any other brand.
Well, I think anyone is smart enough to tell the 'differents' between different brands of MP3 players and Apple iPods, however generally, in spoken word at least, most people I talk to say iPod instead of MP3 player, since everyone knows what you're talking about and it's quicker to get out. Maybe it's just an American thing, though.

Anyway, that's beyond the point.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:52 PM »
Kinda like how we say "coke" here in the south when we are talking about soft drinks.  Just because we say Coke doesn't mean we want a Coca-Cola  :D
Tours 86 - 296