Author Topic: An objective look at "fishy" flying  (Read 2649 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: An objective look at "fishy" flying
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »
Moot

Good post.  The sort of thing these forums are good for.  Watched the film and what I noticed was just some really basic maneuvers nothing to wow about or even scream about.  Just some sensible flying all be it in a heavily contested environment.  Nice use of lag persuit and rolling scissors.

I attract my share of complaints and if their not to abusive I'll tell them know "how I did it" but the vast majority newbs and vets just jump in with the insults.  For those I'll let them learn the hard looooong way and even crank em up a bit......mindless idiots.

But for the idiots here's some tips:-

IL-2 37mm's penetrate a tigers tin lid easily.
My B26's are not bullet proof.  You have to get closer than 1,000 yards and have a hit % above 3.5
If your blacking out it doesn't mean I am...read lag persuit.
Depending what flashes first town or field is a dead give away to where you NOE is coming from.
Lastly....Cv's are relatively easy to find.

For anyone else learning the game the key question is this:-

How did he do that

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »
Everone plays by the same rules, the same physics.

Correct. SOME of these players though, might not understand the extent to which an experienced stick can "push" the physics to a place that might legitimately be considered a bit implausible, BUT, as every player has the same flight model to work with, there is no "cheating". Not understanding this might be what leads them to accusations.

Or they might just be soreheads. :devil
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:32:00 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »
Nice flying m00t,

It was worth the download just to listen to Skyrock's conspiracy theory.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
BnZ - It's a lot like in racing sims.. When you look at the "alien" hotlaps, it all looks extremely (can't emphasize the word enough) simple.  They're extremely smooth. Their lines are as simple as hell (except sharp slow kinks and really technical bits with weird setups where you can afford trashing the car a bit), which kinda makes it look like they're not even in the same car.. But the fact is that they're racing on a very specific line, not one inch further left or right, or earlier or later at the apex. Every little bit all adds up to a big enough difference to eliminate any chance for the other guy to compete if the latter isn't nailing the braking points and exact sideslip and apex, or isn't timing his evasives or scissor rhythm or taking care to waste as little energy as possible.  

That's when you're competing.. When you can't read the opponent's energy, can't recognize sandbagging, don't use the throttle, don't know that flying uncoordinated is enough to cut the few MPH advantage your plane has over the bandit you're trying to outrun.. There's just no contest against someone who's biggest trouble is nailing the last 5% of his plane's envelope.
For anyone else learning the game the key question is this:-

How did he do that
Yep.

Nice flying m00t,

It was worth the download just to listen to Skyrock's conspiracy theory.
:lol  Who knows.. He could be right. I don't think he loses sleep over it in any case.  There's some squad vox I had to edit out for profanity.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »
The problem is that it's very hard to prove, but like it or not there are people who hack.  A simple search for "Aces High 2" Hack on Google will prove that beyond much doubt.  Yes, people tend to whine and make false accusations, but yes, as in any online game there are people who actually do cheat.  This will never change.

EDIT: But whining on 200 is pointless and lame
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:55:07 AM by frosty »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
And perpetuating the rumors does nothing to help.  But just to run with your point and see where it leads... Do you honestly think HTC hasn't looked at everything you can find on Google?  Having it in the open like that is like antibiotics for HTC.  And.. From what I heard, your ISP drops you when you cheat. Play with fire...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:57:41 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
Fwiw, Moot doesnt, he's a damn good stick.

I always look out for the better sticks (not difficult to find a better stick than me to be honest), and go to fight them 1 v 1.

I might get my backside tanned regularly, but I learn each and every fight (even if its only how not to fly against them)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 12:00:12 PM »
This is one reason as to why I love being a poorly skilled pilot with a bit of sense. Whenever I get shot down I don't scream bloody murder, I just chalk it up to being out flown yet again.

Nice post moot.  :aok
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
The problem is that it's very hard to prove, but like it or not there are people who hack.  A simple search for "Aces High 2" Hack on Google will prove that beyond much doubt.  Yes, people tend to whine and make false accusations, but yes, as in any online game there are people who actually do cheat.  This will never change.

EDIT: But whining on 200 is pointless and lame

Uh, typing in aces high 2 in google.. lets see, oh yea you can find some hacks from 3 years ago that worked in the head 2 head arena. good luck with that.

As for the film, looks like a well standard kill on the 190 which makes the whine all that more hilarious. If anything he was haxing the 109 cause 152s are only meant to fly at 25k alt and make long lazy passes at people.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

I will point out that there is something in the film that isn't quite right but it isn't about the players or a "cheat". Notice that at the start, the 152 pushed to over -4g.  Basically AH under models the pilot effects of negative G and because it's designed that way it's not a cheat. I don't have the G specs but, even if -4g isn't beyond the 152 airframe -G limit NO pilot can realistically do that and maintain control.  Physically, a pilot can handle a very short duration -G spike that large, however, he won't stay in his seat doing it. .  When 800 effective pounds of pilot pulls up on the harness the pilot would have first pounded his head against the canopy and been knocked senseless (remember they only wore soft leather helmets) and would not be able to reach the rudder pedals and probably not even the stick.  

Yup, I love the game but have cried about the negative G "exploit" for years.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
Moot:
Try this. Take a K-4. Start the engine. Slam the throttle instantly into full WEP. Relatively huge engine in a relatively small airframe with a big, single prop. Do you ground-loop, or does the prop end up chewing asphalt from doing this? No. Without even using full rudder input one can easily keep it tracking straight down the runway. I'm thinking that this might effect what is possible in low airspeed/high power situations in combat as well, and might surprise some people. Albeit, that is clearly not the case with this particular film, and your detractor is clearly being a sorehead about it. :D

BnZ - It's a lot like in racing sims.. When you look at the "alien" hotlaps, it all looks extremely (can't emphasize the word enough) simple.  They're extremely smooth. Their lines are as simple as hell (except sharp slow kinks and really technical bits with weird setups where you can afford trashing the car a bit), which kinda makes it look like they're not even in the same car.. But the fact is that they're racing on a very specific line, not one inch further left or right, or earlier or later at the apex. Every little bit all adds up to a big enough difference to eliminate any chance for the other guy to compete if the latter isn't nailing the braking points and exact sideslip and apex, or isn't timing his evasives or scissor rhythm or taking care to waste as little energy as possible.  

That's when you're competing.. When you can't read the opponent's energy, can't recognize sandbagging, don't use the throttle, don't know that flying uncoordinated is enough to cut the few MPH advantage your plane has over the bandit you're trying to outrun.. There's just no contest against someone who's biggest trouble is nailing the last 5% of his plane's envelope.Yep.
:lol  Who knows.. He could be right. I don't think he loses sleep over it in any case.  There's some squad vox I had to edit out for profanity.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:55:02 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
And perpetuating the rumors does nothing to help.  But just to run with your point and see where it leads... Do you honestly think HTC hasn't looked at everything you can find on Google?  Having it in the open like that is like antibiotics for HTC.  And.. From what I heard, your ISP drops you when you cheat. Play with fire...

It's not perpetuating a rumor when it has clearly occurred.  Why protect those who may try by perpetuating the myth that it hasn't been done?  See no evil, hear no evil and all that.  Of course HTC looks at it (I hope), but in the history of gaming nothing has ever been hack proof, especially client-side intensive games like this one.  Why pretend it's non-issue?  

What ISP drops people for cheating?  That would be fantastic but I can't see a large soulless ISP caring one way or the other.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Wow.

Really well written, long post over nothing.

I think the guy was frustrated over getting killed.  Nothing else.

Take it as a compliment and move along. 

No C-word involved or accused.

Much ado about nothing.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Nice one m00t.  Wiffed on my shot and payed for it. 

Here is the film from my perspective 

CAUTION: Above film contains profanity (mogex) on vox range.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
Oh...It's that guy. Have had problems with him before as well. Pm'ed me for about a 1/2 hour with insults and cries of cheating. About a 1/2 hour later he was back PM'ing me some more smack talk outta know where. The guys a tool

He made me chase his 190 all over the place and the moment I got a solution on him he bailed. Said he was not going to give me easy kill   :lol

Every time I see him on he's bch'in about someone.

I have a film somewhere of moot killing me nose up going about 60 mph and hitting me w a tater. Got plenty of film on moot trying to figure out his moves. he uses those flaps well in the 152 I can tell ya.