Author Topic: Not happy about forum registration.  (Read 930 times)

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Not happy about forum registration.
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »
I recently rejoined as a paid up AH member after a lapse of many years with a new online handle and new login! However, when I tried to register on this board under my online handle I was told my application was being considered! Thanks - great introduction.  That was 2 weeks ago. I have heard nothing. I re-registered under same handle and got same message. I have emailed support and the guy that sent the 'consideration' emails to no effect. As you can imagine I am getting seriously p'd off. My present forum name was registered 10 years ago with an ancient email address. I have had to resurrect it to post. I do not want to post as 'glacey'.

What is the problem and what can I do?

Thanks

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Not happy about forum registration.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Were ya in good status at the time? Aside from that, I imagine they are trying to keep out certain professional trolls
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
E-mail Skuzzy;

support@hitechcreations.com

Once you contact her I guarantee it will be straightened out. Skuzzy manages the forums, helps out a lot of people and is very knowledgeable, just don't make fun of her red hair.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
E-mail Skuzzy;

Once you contact her I guarantee it will be straightened out. Skuzzy manages the forums, helps out a lot of people and is very knowledgeable, just don't make fun of her red hair.

I did!

And no, I hadn't upset anyone afaik!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
FYI, Skuzzy is a "him" (either that or a very hairy-faced "her")

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »
Not sure what you are unhappy about. You're here posting.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Not sure what you are unhappy about. You're here posting.

My present forum name was registered 10 years ago with an ancient email address. I have had to resurrect it to post. I do not want to post as 'glacey'.

:aok
Just take a deep breath and talk to Skuzzy...who is indeed a male.   :lol

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »
The problem you are running into, is one of where your current ID is showing up as you already being resgistered so the new application is being rejected.  This is done to prevent shade accounts on the bulletin board.

What we had tried to do was to just close the old account to allow the new account to be used.  However, that created another problem.  People have thier browsers set to automatically logged them into the bulletin board cannot get back in once the change as made, as they have no idea how to clear a cookie.

Too many people want to change thier bulletin board ID's a week, so it is too much of a support load to manually change it for them.

Right now, you cannot change your existing bulletin board ID.  I am exploring a way to allow users to change thier ID themselves, but I that is still in research mode.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
FYI, Skuzzy is a "him" (either that or a very hairy-faced "her")

:aok
Just take a deep breath and talk to Skuzzy...who is indeed a male.   :lol
We know who missed the post, Delirium. :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
I certainly did...do tell :)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »
The problem you are running into, is one of where your current ID is showing up as you already being resgistered so the new application is being rejected.  This is done to prevent shade accounts on the bulletin board.

What we had tried to do was to just close the old account to allow the new account to be used.  However, that created another problem.  People have thier browsers set to automatically logged them into the bulletin board cannot get back in once the change as made, as they have no idea how to clear a cookie.

Too many people want to change thier bulletin board ID's a week, so it is too much of a support load to manually change it for them.

Right now, you cannot change your existing bulletin board ID.  I am exploring a way to allow users to change thier ID themselves, but I that is still in research mode.

Just delete my account. My browser deletes all cookies whenever I close it. Strange that I was able to sign up to AH with a different handle after a long lapse. Presumably their 'research' is a little more advanced!  One wonders whether you would still want to be known as Skuzzy in 10 years!

Hey Denholme!  Do I remember you years back in the free arenas setting up games with your super-uber Hurricane?  Maybe a different denholme.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
Help yourself.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,263530.0.html

:rofl  Certainly did miss that one, thanks for the laugh.  Good luck with your switch Glacey, whatever your reasons.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »
Just delete my account. My browser deletes all cookies whenever I close it. Strange that I was able to sign up to AH with a different handle after a long lapse. Presumably their 'research' is a little more advanced!  One wonders whether you would still want to be known as Skuzzy in 10 years!

Hey Denholme!  Do I remember you years back in the free arenas setting up games with your super-uber Hurricane?  Maybe a different denholme.

When you say your browser deletes. Are you using something other than IE. If so, not all cookies will be deleted. You will need to go to the control panel and remove cookies.

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »
When you say your browser deletes. Are you using something other than IE. If so, not all cookies will be deleted. You will need to go to the control panel and remove cookies.

Avant browser. Anyway, I think i could just about handle not being logged in automatically!!!