Author Topic: Refresh my memory. Why does Hitech not want to add the A-26?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Refresh my memory. Why does Hitech not want to add the A-26?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:58 AM »
How does the B-25C compare to the H in terms of maneuvering?  The H moves around like a pregnant hippo, only chance in a dogfight is if I can get an angle on the first turn, otherwise the heavy nose makes it really tough to swing the plane around.

ack-ack

25C is lighter.  I tend to use it when the latest carrier crew has killed the fighter hangers and all that's left are bombers.  25 fuel and no bombs, with those 8 50s in the nose.  Someone starts shooting as they head in on me, I fire back.  if not it's not quite an A20 but close.  Best run was 3 F4Us downed and that was in a horde.   Funny as heck to see another one run from me after that :)

To be fair they were not ACM guys, just trying to take down the town, but getting in a stall fight with any F4U in a B25C and winning, is good for a laugh :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »
25C is lighter.  I tend to use it when the latest carrier crew has killed the fighter hangers and all that's left are bombers.  25 fuel and no bombs, with those 8 50s in the nose.  Someone starts shooting as they head in on me, I fire back.  if not it's not quite an A20 but close.  Best run was 3 F4Us downed and that was in a horde.   Funny as heck to see another one run from me after that :)

To be fair they were not ACM guys, just trying to take down the town, but getting in a stall fight with any F4U in a B25C and winning, is good for a laugh :aok
LOL you serious, why not just use the P47, oh wait I might know, is it because of the convergence thing with those 8 .50's in the wing? or are you just a bomber junkie like me? I remember one time I was flying a B25H against tanks attacking a base. After I ran out of bombs and cannon ammo I just flew headlong into the furball, guns-a-blazin and I downed a P-38, a Bf 109, a mossie, and one of the B26's already in the game.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
LOL you serious, why not just use the P47, oh wait I might know, is it because of the convergence thing with those 8 .50's in the wing? or are you just a bomber junkie like me? I remember one time I was flying a B25H against tanks attacking a base. After I ran out of bombs and cannon ammo I just flew headlong into the furball, guns-a-blazin and I downed a P-38, a Bf 109, a mossie, and one of the B26's already in the game.

I tend to use it when the latest carrier crew has killed the fighter hangers and all that's left are bombers.

Reading is fundamental.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Castle51

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »
Uhh.... weren't we talking about the A-26 before?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 07:48:26 AM »
Uhh.... weren't we talking about the A-26 before?

Yep, and this game would do well to have another very capable and potentially multirole PERKED bomber, such as the A-26.

I believe that is all that we need to know as to 'why we should have the A-26'.  That and the fact that it was voted into third place after the B-25 and P-39.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ