Author Topic: An Invitation  (Read 790 times)

Offline SPQR

• Zinc Member
An Invitation
« on: June 01, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »
This is for those who are favorites of the Total War (land grab) concept. I cordially invite you to a weekend (June 5-7) of variety starting Friday morning 0100hrs in the EARLY WAR ARENA and ending Friday night 2400hrs. The fun continues at the MID WAR ARENA Saturday morning 0100hrs and concludes at 2400hrs Saturday night. Wrapping up the festivities we go to LATE WAR ARENA (which ever you can get into) at 0100hrs Sunday morning finishing until you decide to sign off. So lets get together and have some variety with a wee bit of fun by having  numbers in the various arenas this weekend. It's just as easy as showing up! If you need to keep track of the times and dates, that's easy too,...write it down! <S. Hope to see you this weekend!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: An Invitation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
MIdwar folks for the most part like fights. Only 1 or 2 squads in there like land grab.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, assuming that the land grabbing people are on different teams and not the same team.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »
So its a virtual horde fest...OH YIPPEE!!! <<(sarcasm injected here) like there isnt enough of that in the mains already??..the mob will pass on this one, have fun anyway.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »
I'll remember to try and get on Saturday and give you guys some trouble.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
WOW !! This is great, they have to PROMOTE hordes now  :rolleyes:

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
 :lol
WOW !! This is great, they have to PROMOTE hordes now  :rolleyes:

From a member of a land grabbing squad.........

This sounds like 3 arena maps that wont get reset.  WHy not just do EW for the weekend, the next weeknd move on.............   :confused:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SPQR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
From a member of a land grabbing squad.........

This sounds like 3 arena maps that wont get reset.  WHy not just do EW for the weekend, the next weeknd move on.............   :confused:

I certainly would like to get to that point that you suggest. I think it would be great! Just taking baby steps and measuring the barometer of the community. After years of observation, no reason the Total War crowd can't shine and have it's proper place in the community. Should prove very interesting.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
Logan I had never fought against yall till the other night. Yall must have a lot of new to AH folks on yalls squad. Do yall have some kind of training regimen for those new guys? I spent a lot of time ducking head ons where they were firing at 1k out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »
Logan I had never fought against yall till the other night. Yall must have a lot of new to AH folks on yalls squad. Do yall have some kind of training regimen for those new guys? I spent a lot of time ducking head ons where they were firing at 1k out.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
Looking at my calendar I see that I will be out of town this weekend. What luck!!!!!!!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
nice going spqr. its nice to see people trying something different in the arena's. whats really cool is the amount of support people are showing towards the idea. its nice to see such support for new and different things.

just my .02 cents

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:24 AM »
NO CHANGE.  CHANGE BAD.   :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »
We have enough land grabbers in EW, but I welcome more players into the arena.  As long as people balance the sides and we don't end up with 90% of the population on one side, I can't see anything wrong with the idea.  Last thing we need, though, is the LW mentality of upping 10 formations of bombers, a dozen fighters and 4 goons to take a base.  Come and fight - that's what it's all about.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl