Author Topic: Brewster Buffalo  (Read 8582 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Brewster Buffalo
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
IMO Rich summarised the situation quite well.

[edit] uh.. did you take it away :(
There were just some minor details I would have liked to comment... but now I cannot remember what they were.[/edit]

Rich, please edit your post. I found it very informative and it DOES fit into this thread just fine.

What many in the thread are wondering you have answered. The History of the plane and the Finns participation in the war are all part of what has made this and the other Brewster thread very interesting.

My feelings on this would be... Don't let WMaker's OPINION of what he thinks belongs here rob us of the information that he somehow made you delete.

Please consider the re-posting of it.

:salute

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
Description of this forum: Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:15:26 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »
I don't need AH paycheck to tell my opinion. Obviously I'm not a moderator here, nor am I backseat moderating IMO. But considering this thread is about a new aircraft for Aces High it would be pretty silly to get it locked with totally off topic material.

Its the history of the plane and well worth a re-post but most of all should not be influenced by your opinion of where it belongs.

Description of this forum: Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High..

The Topic's name is called BREWSTER BUFFALO and is a general disscussion about a plane that will become the newest addition to the game of ACES HIGH that we know of so far.

You know where to leave your opinion and who will decide whether it should stay or not.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:19:48 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »
Its the history of the plane and well worth a re-post but most of all should not be influenced by your opinion of where it belongs.

Actually Rich's post was about Finland's role in WWII in general.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
The Finns in those Brewsters were defending themselves from a mass-murdering dictator with more resources and a higher ultimate body count than Hitler had. And they did it almost by themselves.

They don't teach you much about the matter of Finland vs. USSR in school, not many t.v. programs about it either. I think it is perhaps it makes all too clear the way the West repeatedly made deals with the devil and wussed out in regards to communist aggression against small nations in the 20th century.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
The Topic's name is called BREWSTER BUFFALO and is a general disscussion about a plane that will become the newest addition to the game of ACES HIGH that we know of so far.

You know where to leave your opinion and who will decide whether it should stay or not.

Your reading comprehension leaves lot to be desired.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
Um... maybe it is you that should do the reading.

Finland was allied with Germany until 1944.  Hence the fact that there are 109's with Finnish livery in the game.  It wasn't until the Finns threw the Germans out in 1944 that they started fighting them.  Therefore, Finland fought on both the Axis and the Allied side in WW2.
  :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
The Finns in those Brewsters were defending themselves from a mass-murdering dictator with more resources and a higher ultimate body count than Hitler had. And they did it almost by themselves.

...er...not in 1941 they weren't...

- oldman

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
Your reading comprehension leaves lot to be desired.

That I remember, we started with what other planes we really were hoping for to, since we're getting it what does it have, to what kind will we get , to why does it have Swastkas on it if it's an American plane, to the answer which meant reprinting some of it's history along with the Finns participation in the war. If your offended by it, try rewriting it's history.

Sorry if a missed a few but that's what I've been reading in short.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
If your offended by it...

I'm not offended at all and I'm more than willing to discuss about my country's history in another thread.

No offence TOOL, but when you've checked the Internet and especially these threads for information regarding the Brewster and you end up with the conclusions below...

From what I gather the Brewster we're getting is an American made, stripped down low production Swedish version that somehow ended up under Nazi control.

...I really don't have very high hopes that you'd able to understand anything I would tell you regarding Finnish history.

Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
Hmm... I'll have to start thinking of a new sig!

Great work SF, Greebo and Wmaker!  :salute

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2009, 05:23:38 PM »
...er...not in 1941 they weren't...

- oldman

Huh, what do you mean? In '41 the Finns were trying to get back land taken from them during the Winter War, sure, but that is justifiable.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
Whatever, still a worthless aircraft,... did somone blackmail HT into modeling this thing? :devil
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Actually Rich's post was about Finland's role in WWII in general.

I answered a question, or responded to a statement made in the thread. If you feel like my next is overlong then just dont read it. Your not a Mod, and dont work for AH, so spare me the the proclamations.

Most Americans dont know about the history behind this front of the war. I start talking history and its hard for me to stop.

Finland did more then just protect themselves. They also fought a war of aggression with designs on expanding their land mass. And as the winds of war shifted they ended up dancing with both Dictators.

BTW the Brewster Buffalo was an American airplane purchased by Finland. It was no more "Finnish" then the 109 was.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
I alreay stated that I'm not a mod and that I just expressed my opinion...I thought it would sink in the first time I said it. I know from experience that this thread would get totally sidetracked very quickly and that is why I expressed my opinion that general Finnish WWII history could be discussed in the O'Club.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34