Author Topic: ***The Ultimate Twilight (the movie) Thread***  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: ***The Ultimate Twilight (the movie) Thread***
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »
I suffered my way through the first movie because my friend is one of the actors in it.
The next time I saw him I punched him for the pain he caused.
-AoM-

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 10:57:34 PM »
I suffered my way through the first movie because my friend is one of the actors in it.
The next time I saw him I punched him for the pain he caused.

Hit him again for me for all the fanboy and teenage girl uberdorks I've had to endure too, will ya?
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »
From wiki:

Cover

Stephenie Meyer has stated that the apple on the cover represents the forbidden fruit from the book of Genesis. It symbolizes Bella and Edward's love, which is forbidden, similar to the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, as is implied by the quote from Genesis 2:17 that is quoted at the beginning of the book. It also represents Bella's knowledge of what good and evil are, and the choice that she has in partaking of the "forbidden fruit", Edward, or choosing not to see him.[5]

:cry

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »
 :rolleyes:
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »
When my wife was reading off the songs that "inspired" Meyer to write this crap, I said one word:   "Emo".   The whole "vegetarian paralleled vampires" is simply laughable as well.   

Troll or not, I still call my wife "gay" and get the rolling eyes from her.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
People being edited for rule number 4 (trolling etc) in a thread where the admin praises the OPs powers of trolling is hilarious.    :rofl
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »
People being edited for rule number 4 (trolling etc) in a thread where the admin praises the OPs powers of trolling is hilarious.    :rofl

The admin did not praise the OP's power of trolling.  The admin is impressed with how many people will come into a thread they do not want to exist and post in it.  i.e. "bagging the limit", requiring me to come in here and nanny the thread because of people who have no respect for the forum posting rules.

I guess I'll have to explain myself better in the future.  It did not occur to me people would take this in the worst light possible.

It seems the OP controls a rather large contingency of people on this board. 

Enough people want to discuss the topic, so it cannot be a troll.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:46:44 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
The admin did not praise the OP's power of trolling.  The admin is impressed with how many people will come into a thread they do not want to exist and post in it

Essentially, the same thing.  :)

I guess I'll have to explain myself better in the future.  It did not occur to me people would take this in the worst light possible.

I have gotten a huge laugh out of this whole thing.   :D
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »
Essentially, the same thing.  :)

I have gotten a huge laugh out of this whole thing.   :D

Actually, no it is not the same thing.  Had it been an actual troll, the people would have hit the "report to moderator" link.  Instead, a few come into the thread they do not think should be here, and then make abusive remarks about the OP, knowing full well they are violating the forum posting rules.  I mean, coming into a thread they call a troll, and then making a derogatory remark at the OP.  Pot, meet kettle.  They are the ones who are in the wrong here.

There are also some who are actually trying to discuss the topic.  Just because it is not a favorite topic, does not make it a troll.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:04:00 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
I haven't seen it, but I am interested in seeing it. I was thankful to hear that there was actually a teen-safe movie out there that apparently didn't overflow with sexual inuendo. It's hard to find a kid-friendly movie these days... they're either 8-year old Disney style, blood & guts or skanks with their boobs hanging out the entire thing.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »
Actually, no it is not the same thing.  Had it been an actual troll, the people would have hit the "report to moderator" link.  Instead, a few come into the thread they do not think should be here, and then make abusive remarks about the OP, knowing full well they are violating the forum posting rules.  I mean, coming into a thread they call a troll, and then making a derogatory remark at the OP.  Pot, meet kettle.  They are the ones who are in the wrong here.

There are also some who are actually trying to discuss the topic.  Just because it is not a favorite topic, does not make it a troll.

He is a self proclaimed troll. He has admitted as much on another board. He does this sort of thing repeatedly on that board and it is entirely for his own amusement.

You are correct that those making abusive remarks are in the wrong, there can be no argument there.

Still, those that can't help but come in and look at an obvious troll remind me of those that can't help but slow down and gawk at a car accident make me laugh. Probably because I am one of those that rubber-neck at accident scenes as I pass them.   :D

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:20:54 PM by Elfie »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »
I haven't seen it, but I am interested in seeing it. I was thankful to hear that there was actually a teen-safe movie out there that apparently didn't overflow with sexual inuendo. It's hard to find a kid-friendly movie these days... they're either 8-year old Disney style, blood & guts or skanks with their boobs hanging out the entire thing.

My wife and daughter love this movie. I think it's just gay the way they go against all the established vampire lore, you know.....sleeping in coffins, sunlight being deadly etc etc.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »
He is a self proclaimed troll. He has admitted as much on another board. He does this sort of thing repeatedly on that board and it is entirely for his own amusement.<snip>

I do not doubt that.  Typically a troll is a post which illicits controversy via extreme points of view.  This is one mild mannered thread, if you remove the ones who just came in here to attack the OP.  It is also a thread where there are people who seem to like to discuss the topic and are discussing it with a reasonable level of respect.  I wish I could say that for all threads on this board.

I cannot afford to label people on the board.  It removes or distills objectivity.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »

My wife has watched the DVD..  I kid you not.. at least 40 times.  I've seen it.. once was enough.  Not a bad movie.. but certainly not one to live by.  Heck.. my 12 yr old daughter quit watching it everytime..lol.  
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
I cannot afford to label people on the board.

Seriously....no need for you (or me) to label this one, he has done it himself already.     :D