Author Topic: Video: Royal Marines capture and sink pirate vessel  (Read 4627 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Video: Royal Marines capture and sink pirate vessel
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
That's incredibly naive; do you actually believe there is paperwork involved in the African arms trade? Russian/Chinese manufacturers sell AK's to African/international arms dealers with paperwork - African/international arms dealers sells them to whomever they squealing like, no paperwork required. Most of those guns were probably sold on the streets of Mogadishu and have had many previous owners; most of whom are now dead. And just for your information I own many guns and can carry them (openly), no license required.

yes exactly which would make these weapons..... what?....oh illegal

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »
yes exactly which would make these weapons..... what?....oh illegal

By what law? Are you saying my guns are illegal?  :huh
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:36:36 PM by Die Hard »
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
The point is that off the coast of Somalia there is a major problem with piracy atm, certain steps are required to take action against these pirates, you really can't afford to take a wait & see attitude with these people, preventative actions are required.  If you wait to do anything until after an attack has taken place it might be to late to prevent peoples deaths, they tend to use RPG's to fire at these vessels and theres a good chance a person can get killed by them.

Like I stated in a previous post, if you dress up like a pirate in these waters don't be surprised when you get treated as one, and I don't think you can really say that these guys didn't look exactly like pirates, they had all the same equipment that pirates use to attack & board ships. 
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
By what law? Are you saying my guns are illegal?  :huh

Using your possession of weapons was as an example. your laws are different to mine in that way. Saying that though you didn't go down the road and buy it off the guy at the crossing. It would have been bought through a registered sales agent who would have at the least taken your name and the serial number I would hope.
   My point was that if these guys or any for that matter can't come up a reason for why they have them and where they come from then they should not have them. You do need to remember some of these aren't your run of the mill hand gun.

Plus I'm just sticking my nose in for a laugh. Have your opinion I'm not fussed either way. To be honest, with my use of such little words and short sentences I am feeling really quite privileged at the attention you are paying to my posts.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »
Using your possession of weapons was as an example. your laws are different to mine in that way. Saying that though you didn't go down the road and buy it off the guy at the crossing. It would have been bought through a registered sales agent who would have at the least taken your name and the serial number I would hope.

What? No. My firearms' serial numbers are not registered anywhere and no one wrote down my name in any register. Furthermore most of my guns are bought privately, from private persons, not gun dealers. Completely legal. I don't know why you keep commenting when you obviously know nothing about our gun laws.

My point was that if these guys or any for that matter can't come up a reason for why they have them and where they come from then they should not have them.

So you you should not be allowed to have anything unless you really need it? Who are you to tell the Somalis what they can and can't have in their own country?

You do need to remember some of these aren't your run of the mill hand gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7wTMnWbqQ

That's America, not Somalia. Most of what the Somalis have you'll find in private ownership in America.

Plus I'm just sticking my nose in for a laugh. Have your opinion I'm not fussed either way. To be honest, with my use of such little words and short sentences I am feeling really quite privileged at the attention you are paying to my posts.

So you're just trolling?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:18:47 PM by Die Hard »
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »
What? No. My firearms' serial numbers are not registered anywhere and no one wrote down my name in any register. Furthermore most of my guns are bought privately, from private persons, not gun dealers. Completely legal. I don't know why you keep commenting when you obviously know nothing about our gun laws.

Then you are most likely breaking your state and local laws concerning gun registration since most states require rifles and handguns to be registered whether they are purchased privately or through a dealer. The only way you would be able to purchase an automatic firing weapon legally would be to have the proper class permits and purchase it through a properly licensed dealer. You will never be able to purchase functional rocket propelled grenades or other military grade weapons privately.

So you're just trolling?

Pot calling the kettle black. You sure live up to your CPID, I will give you that.  Doesn't sound like you are convincing too many people though. It's a good thing to live in a country where people are able to express erroneous, naive opinions over and over again, huh? Let it go or buy Shreck's CPID from him.

:rock on Royal Marines.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:34:17 PM by Die Hard »

-Gandhi

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »
Yeah, got a pretty good list of gun laws by state.

-Gandhi

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Just a minor point for people not in the know:

Attacks by pirates aren't happening "off the coast of Somalia".  Right now, no-one in their right mind would sail off the coast of Somalia.  Attacks are happening from the straights of Aden, right down the east African coast and as far east as the Seychelle Isles.

Oh and before some smart alec points out that the southern land border of the gulf of Aden is Somalia.....no it isn't.  Northern Somalia is not Somalia, it's Somaliland.  And it's far, far more peaceful and civilized than the rest of Somalia, in fact it's even got government......however, the UN doesn't recognise Somaliland as a separate state to Somalia so it shows as Somalia on most maps.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:56:39 PM by Swoop »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
hmmmm.

Not so much trolling as had enough. No matter what is said if you don't agree you will incessantly dissect a quote and reply to each detail and we end up getting nowhere. There are other more amusing things on this board to have a laugh at and help keep myself happy and healthy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:15:04 PM by SPKmes »

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
Regardless if they had AK-47's or other automatic weapons, they had military grade weapons like RPG's, the only reasons they would all be crammed onto a small boat, along with a smaller fast boat and be in possession of RPG's would be they're looking to attack another vessel.  The nail in the head is the grappling hooks they had.  It's quite obvious to a normal thinking person that they were out there looking for a ship to attack.

So Die Hard, you think that the reasonable thing to have done was just let them go on their marry way and wait until they actually attacked a ship before any action was taken?   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:26:18 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
So Die Hard, you think that the reasonable thing to have done was just let them go on their marry way and wait until they actually attacked a ship before any action was taken?   

Already been answered, if you can be bothered to read the thread.

-Gandhi

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »
On a related note, in a documentary screened in the UK on sunday, film was shown of a RN vessel which just happened across a skiff which had broken free of it's mooring to a captured oil tanker.  On the skiff were clothes, money, food, RPGs and the obligitary AK-47s.  It was clear the skiff was never meant to be cast adrift, the biggest sign being the frayed rope dragging along behind.

Equipment found in the skiff was left for the Somali's to collect, if they can hold their breath long enough, and the skiff itself sunk as a drifting vessel would be a "danger to shipping in the area".