Author Topic: LOTTERY WINNER.... Screwed  (Read 2414 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: LOTTERY WINNER.... Screwed
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
Winning the lottery & then crying about taxes.... please.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:54 AM »
Generally on lottos if you elect to take a bulk payout instead of the 20 year payout you only get maybe half of the said winnings.

On the flip side if you made a lot of money or owned a business, you'd know just how unfair taxes are. Most of the taxes collected are paid by a hand full of folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »

On the flip side if you made a lot of money or owned a business, you'd know just how unfair taxes are. Most of the taxes collected are paid by a hand full of folks.

Coincidentally, most of the money is made by a handful of folks.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 01:38:31 AM »
Coincidentally, most of the money is made by a handful of folks.

wrongway

Yes.... generally the ones that work hard for it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 02:26:06 AM »
Man you're right. Some guys just have no luck. I mean WTF can you do with $88.5 million anyways? Thank god McDonald's has that dollar menu. At least he can go there and get some cheap food that wont brake the bank.  :rolleyes:

I wish I could get screwed like that. First thing I would do is go buy me a nice warbird. Maybe a P38 so I can fly it around taunting those SAPP tards. Then Id crash it so I can be a member too.   :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 06:02:27 AM »
I'd never work again, build a giant compound for me to hunker down in and retreat from humanity in style!

With the way the internet is, I might never have to deal with much stupidity ever again!

That would be worth more than the money, I think.  :lol
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »
and how is a free  88million getting screwed. good lord man  i'd take 1 damn million and be happy off of a 1 dollar investment.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
Just gonna play devil's advocate here.  25% of your paycheck is a big deal.  25% of a couple hundred million bucks is correspondingly more outrageous.  Just because you can't think of anything to do with that money right now, in your life today, is apples to oranges compared to what you could have done if your sense of scale were adjusted to the tune of an eight digit figure lifestyle.  Whether that's frivolous partying or more industrial objectives.  Give me 88M and 3x88M separately, and I'll show you how big a difference there is between the two.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:18:09 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »
I would say if you are outraged you are sensible and if you are not outraged you are sheeple but thats just me.  :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
I would say if you are outraged you are sensible and if you are not outraged you are sheeple but thats just me.  :devil

If you are outraged, you didn't read the rules of the lottery, your own fault, and as far as being unhappy with having to pay taxes, well, get used to it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:55:11 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »
If you are outraged, you didn't read the rules of the lottery, your own fault, and as far as being unhappy with having to pay taxes, well, get used to it.

Yep people complain about taxes but expect the police, military, schooling etc. come out of some weird source of income.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 02:41:07 PM »
Yep people complain about taxes but expect the police, military, schooling etc. come out of some weird source of income.

Yeah.  It will be much better when they just take your entire income and give you an allowance.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 04:20:53 PM »
Yeah.  It will be much better when they just take your entire income and give you an allowance.

You probably will never understand the amount of money it takes to build the infrastructure you need in your daily life. Starting from the power grids and sewage systems.

Without taxes the government couldn't function and your country would be, well, Somalia with a bunch of white folks keeping guard with shotguns.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
Without taxes the government couldn't function and your country would be, well, Somalia with a bunch of white folks keeping guard with shotguns.

The way the immigration laws have been enforced the last 20 years or so, its gonna happen anyhow.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group