Author Topic: LOTTERY WINNER.... Screwed  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: LOTTERY WINNER.... Screwed
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
Blasphemous!!!       Like that russian dude said,          some of the more redneck states will secced from the U.S., form their own country, name it the U.S.A. while the United States of America (oh yes, the rednecks won't call their country the United States of America. The name of their country will be the letters U, S, and A with periods between) will be flooded with imagrants from other counties and imigrants from the U.S.A. who were immagrants before the borders got closed and all foreigners were kicked out.

Oh, I may have switched out richer with redneck, and have them all form one country instead of going canada, or China, or whoever else he mentioned, but hey, if you guys wana look on the down side.....
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 02:18:27 AM »
Like others have stated, did you just find out exactly how the Loto works?  That's pretty much the standard as far as what you get when you win the Loto, the majority, about 2/3's, goes to the state.  Read up on the Lottery and you'll see that it's the norm to have that much taken out.

Now if you want the lump some they take even more, if you choose to take the payments, it's either monthly or yearly, you get more.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 07:17:58 AM »
Either way you slice it, it is still an $88M return on a $15 investment.  :rock
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »
Either way you slice it, it is still an $88M return on a $15 investment.  :rock

You put a nice twist to it..
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline akusher

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 09:07:38 AM »
Before making an example out of how this guy got screwed, perhaps we should consider the countless citizens in this country who had the brains and discipline to build personal fortunes from nothing, and are being taxed at similar rates to support masses of loafers.

Taxation may be a necessary evil, but hearing some complain about how the top 1% of earners, who already pay 40% of federal income taxes, should be paying their 'share', leads me to question exactly what happened to the concept of merit-based compensation. I'm not sticking up for CEOs who rake in millions while their shareholders suffer, but millions of others who provide decent, honest services for top wages.

Maybe if all those perfectly able-bodied citizens who collect welfare were coerced, by the government, to provide a vast majority of the physical labor there would be some sort of appreciation for hard work.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 09:17:20 AM »
Before making an example out of how this guy got screwed, perhaps we should consider the countless citizens in this country who had the brains and discipline to build personal fortunes from nothing, and are being taxed at similar rates to support masses of loafers.

Taxation may be a necessary evil, but hearing some complain about how the top 1% of earners, who already pay 40% of federal income taxes, should be paying their 'share', leads me to question exactly what happened to the concept of merit-based compensation. I'm not sticking up for CEOs who rake in millions while their shareholders suffer, but millions of others who provide decent, honest services for top wages.

Maybe if all those perfectly able-bodied citizens who collect welfare were coerced, by the government, to provide a vast majority of the physical labor there would be some sort of appreciation for hard work.
Well if that top 1% weren't paying that amount of taxes they do, then the rest of us everyday people would be paying much higher taxes to compensate for it, and us everyday people would feel that tax increase a whole lot more then that top 1% do.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
Cue flat/curved tax rate debate.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline akusher

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:56:18 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:56:45 AM by Skuzzy »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Quit trying to steer this into politics folks.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline akusher

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:24 AM »
nevermind

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:05:14 PM by Skuzzy »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
Actually was trying to curve it away from politics without derailing the valid arguments made.  It's inevitable that the arguments will lead to the source: tax management. Not gonna insist either way.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:05:31 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:05:43 PM by Skuzzy »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)