Author Topic: My wish for CV.  (Read 1411 times)

Offline OmegaZS

• Zinc Member
My wish for CV.
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
I WISH, that who ever has command of a CV should be able to prevent others from taking off from the CV.
That way, when a CV is moving into posistion to strike an enemy base, no one could up from it, causing the enemy base to start flashing, or making a "dar" bar appear, alerting the enemy to the CV's position.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: My wish for CV.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »
Raise your hand if you can see all the ways in which this can be abused.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
I do wish this was possible, but it would be abused. Can't think of any way to make it so it's not abused...There's plenty of times I'm sailing a CV to a base and some idiot ups and the CV gets sunk.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
his 1st post..... oh how cute....  :o

i think ill take camand of a CV right now... send it just as close to an enemy's field as possable.. and make sure they have ord up.... and well disable fighters from flying off the CV......

1st post my harry white &&&

Offline ERyan

• Zinc Member
      • facebook page
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
that is an excellent idea  :aok but it most likely would be abused    :frown:
Eric Ryan
Hospital Corpsman
US Navy
LCA Thunder-352nd Fighter Group
and 78th Fighter Group, 82nd Fighter Squadron

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »
Nope.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »
Why exactly does a 27,000 ton ship not set off the dar to begin with? 

I suppose it's flying too low.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »
Well, you could make it so you can't launch only untill you have reached the final way point or a realistic range for your carrier for being seen. The only problem I could see with the final way point thing is someone could put hundreds of way points if he wanted two.

If you cant get this thing to work then just launch all fighters and strike aircraft once the idiot has upped; it won't be perfect but if you do it right away and are far enough away from the base then once all aircraft are airborne then you should head away from the aircraft, preferably still in the general direction of the base (if base is to the north then head ENE or WNW). The reason for doing this is that the enemy may think your tg is still near the aircraft. I have had REASONABLE succes with this tactic.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
I WISH, that who ever has command of a CV should be able to prevent others from taking off from the CV.
That way, when a CV is moving into posistion to strike an enemy base, no one could up from it, causing the enemy base to start flashing, or making a "dar" bar appear, alerting the enemy to the CV's position.

aaaaargh.

Raise your hand if you can see all the ways in which this can be abused.

pick me! pick me!

yes it does; curvature of the earth thing you know

Fight Like a Girl

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »

wrongway

Yep but one little ole LVT will set that base of in heartbeat!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »
'Planes unable to up from CV while positioning'

Is a good idea, but it would get abused too much, as stated above.

However, another idea would be to have a red & green light in the 'tower' of the CV. The CV-commander would be able to turn the light to red, if he thinks no aircraft should up. The players will be able to take-off, but they are advised not to (by means of the red light).
Players can then ask the CV-commander to see what the red light is all about :)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »
'Planes unable to up from CV while positioning'

Is a good idea

I think it is a bad idea for all of the reasons listed plus...  It puts the desk top general score tards in a position of having even more power over how a CV is used.  What makes their "plan" any better then somebody elses?  Their rank?

No thanks, bad enough that they get to decide where the CV goes. 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:35:26 AM »
If you had to use perk points to take/keep command of a CV, and to "temporarily" disable flight it could be an interesting idea.

Example #1
Player #1 takes command of a wandering CV.

Player #2 shows up and would like to take command so he enters a perk point value to take over, lets say in this case he offers 100 fighter perk points (NOTE: the player must have the points to make the offer).

Now, Player #1 can either accept his offer or he must put in a higher value to keep control of the CV, lets say it has to be 10% greater to keep. So player #1 now has put 110 fighter perks on the CV to keep it. If the carrier is then sunk, player#1 will loose his perks that he placed on it to keep command.

The only way a player should be able to give up command of the CV, and not loose perks, is if there are no enemy's within the radar ring, to prevent towering out as the bombs are falling.

Example #2
Player #1 is in command and maneuvering the CV to attack a target with the flight deck closed.

Player#2 shows up and wants to launch now, so he offers 10 perk points to open the flight deck.

Player #1 can accept the offer (and the perk points will be added to his/her account) or he places 11 perk points on the CV to keep the flight deck closed just like in example #1. So if the carrier is destroyed, player #1 would loose his perk points.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
I think Baumer's Ex2 would work with a few exceptions to it. What about the CV commander paying perks to close the flight deck? Ex: 10 perks for 10 minutes.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
I think Baumer's Ex2 would work with a few exceptions to it. What about the CV commander paying perks to close the flight deck? Ex: 10 perks for 10 minutes.

Many players will consider 10 perks a cheap price for all that whines they will enjoy when they shut down CV flight deck during a battle...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman