Author Topic: Bomber Defensive Scoring  (Read 3704 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Re: Bomber Defensive Scoring
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »
I completely agree with this request...

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
Not possible as I don't think too many bombers had anything else but 50's or 30's or 303's during WWII B29 the only exception I can think of. How ever if you could transfer ammunition around the plane as they did now your talking :aok

Ki-67 has a 20mm in the top turret  :)
Tours 86 - 296

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
 Sir Logann, I think you have a great idea here!!!!!!! Although there is strategy in flying Bombers and defending them....A very skilled fighter pilot will make you look silly....My thoughts are simply these..........Its fun to fly into your target base at about 9-10k alt..at this alt you stand at leat a 50-50 chance of making it back to base........The idea is to fly into a base high enouph that most enemy will be attacking from below..doesn't matter which direction as long as the enemy is low. If they are attacking low 6 just as they close to within 1000 I like to pull up a hundred feet quickly ..level off ..this keeps the enemy fighter from shooting first most times and pulls him with in 600-800 ..using FULL ZOOM  its usually a quick burst slight lead shot...if the plane is a mossie or 110 you just want to chip a wing off ..they them fall off and are no longer a threat.
After your drop and hopefully a kill or two...... or more?.....you will ultimately run low on ball turret ammo. Obviously be heading home ..opps got to go will contunies later
999000 <S>

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »
I agree with this request, this should go to your bombing score.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »
Sir Logann, .....cont. so having hopefully shot down a couple of fighters ,  and reached and bombed target ..you find your usually running low on ammo in the ball or lower guns.....so best defence is to start heading home lower and faster because obviously you still have all you upper turret and usually a fair amoout of tail gun ammo left..if thing s work out well because your moving fast and low most bad guys will end up on your tail or slightly higher closing slowly making them easy targets. Also some of the guys you might have shot down on the way in have upper to seek revenge but will also be low and slow.
Finally, if your down to one bomber all shot up with guns out and ammo critical ..you will usually still have guns and ammo in the nose.....fight like a fighter!..noything wrong with HO'ing a fighter! you might take them by suprise......if extremely desprate situations you have to fly under the trees and use your wasit guns!
999000 <S>

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »
...Thanks for the           lesson sir.  Some people say you're as good as I am.   :salute

Sir Logann, .....cont. so having hopefully shot down a couple of fighters ,  and reached and bombed target ..you find your usually running low on ammo in the ball or lower guns.....so best defence is to start heading home lower and faster because obviously you still have all you upper turret and usually a fair amoout of tail gun ammo left..if thing s work out well because your moving fast and low most bad guys will end up on your tail or slightly higher closing slowly making them easy targets. Also some of the guys you might have shot down on the way in have upper to seek revenge but will also be low and slow.
Finally, if your down to one bomber all shot up with guns out and ammo critical ..you will usually still have guns and ammo in the nose.....fight like a fighter!..noything wrong with HO'ing a fighter! you might take them by suprise......if extremely desprate situations you have to fly under the trees and use your wasit guns!
999000 <S>

Lessons aside, wouldn't you prefer to have your kills count towards your bomber score?  Afterall, that's what we're talking about here.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »
Sir LLogann, You know whats kinda funny ..I play the game for fun ..never really paid attention to points ..I have to addmitte I didn't even realize the it didn't count to bomber scores!
/but HELL YESS IT SHOULD!
<S> 999000

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
<S> 999000                 You're one of the good ones sir!  And without a doubt the most worthy of Numbered Humans!    :D

Sir LLogann, You know whats kinda funny ..I play the game for fun ..never really paid attention to points ..I have to addmitte I didn't even realize the it didn't count to bomber scores!
but HELL YESS IT SHOULD!
<S> 999000
See Rule #4

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
I agree, a kill is a kill, it should count towards something....

5" guns also? It also gives one person enhanced firepower as does a formation of B-17s.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »
<S> 999000                 You're one of the good ones sir!  And without a doubt the most worthy of Numbered Humans!    :D

+1 :aok
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just bump this one.......

Defending your buff's is sometimes a far more important characteristic then the bombing itself....  Afterall, you do need to reach your target.

Defensive kills currently do not count towards your score, only perk points. 

Please add another Bomber Scoring Cat:
Defensive Kills

Make it not as valuable as bombing kills but they should count nonetheless.

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
I could keep bumping this or email the boys at HTC so they actually read it and offer WHY this isn't the way it is?

What should I do?
See Rule #4

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »
Don't worry, I'll bump it for you :)

Good wish!
999000 must be thrilled with this :D

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
I love you frank!
999000<S>

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »
I have wondered why HTC does not track gunner/observer kills either...They should, since some people like to gun for others. That should be a separate category too. I agree with LLogan, add kills category, NOW!  :pray
This is a test