Author Topic: Why dont more people play axis v allies  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Why dont more people play axis v allies
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
Place needs a baby sitter with boot privs just like in the TA.
There is. Arena CM's are there often.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
Did you forget about this one already?  

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,264661.0.html

you got 8 pages out of the last one and now you're out trolling again.

<yawn>

All these people have contributed and my post was a bit more weighty this time. Strangely though I had forgotten. :noid

Anyway AvA I realise is where I want to be but with lots of like minded people and so this is my campaign now. Wish me Luck ;)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:43:09 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
When you go in there the only things to pick from are what someone else wants you to use. It's like a glorified SEA. Numbers are low in there. Would like to see a way where i can pick all allied or all axis vehicles or planes maybe? If i wanted to have a certain setup i'll go to FSO.

"Hey! what is with this 190 vs P-47 setup?  Were is the spit16!"   :rolleyes:

I've never seen anything more glorified in this game than the FSO and that's only one night a week where you can go watch the paint dry.  Yet the AvA is open 24/7.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:58 PM »
When you go in there the only things to pick from are what someone else wants you to use. It's like a glorified SEA. Numbers are low in there. Would like to see a way where i can pick all allied or all axis vehicles or planes maybe? If i wanted to have a certain setup i'll go to FSO.

What if its not Friday :rolleyes:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »

Anyway AvA I realise is where I want to be but with lots of like minded people and so this is my campaign now. Wish me Luck ;)

Come by around 9pm EST.  The place usually stays empty until then.

Also Larry does missions on wendsday nights that draw a good crowd.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »
Did you forget about this one already?  

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,264661.0.html

you got 8 pages out of the last one and now you're out trolling again.

<yawn>

Quite right N7. Most people aren't mature enough for this type of thread.

The AvA is not right for everyone. It is most active between 6-9 On the west coast. Me being on the East Coast, I can usually catch some action before i go to bed.
AvA is also not for everyone because it really is about the fights, no about base taking or porking (which is probably why the Pigs On the Wing didn't like it). What's great about it though is the setup gets changed weekly , so if you ARE into that, then some weeks you'd enjoy it.

Nobody has ever claimed the AvA is like a mini - SEA...not really sure where that's coming from. It's an arena used and run by players who fancy historic matchups. Not the outrageous Spit v Spit or 51 v other American planes you find in the MAs.

Let the bashing begin unfortunately  :rolleyes:
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »
I consider it a mini sea because it has a setup like in the sea arenas. My idea of ava is simply different than others. I would like to see more players in there but id also like to pick my side and fly or drive what that side did. Some of the setups are really good but not what keeps my attention really.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »
No comparison of any kind to the SEA stuff. I wish folks would stop attempting that comparison.

Also, as Dinan pointed out, this is a transparent troll (and a duplicate, no less).

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »
Come by around 9pm EST.  The place usually stays empty until then.

Also Larry does missions on wendsday nights that draw a good crowd.

2am Uk time :cry
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
Also, as Dinan pointed out, this is a transparent troll (and a duplicate, no less).

I told you I really did forget. If anything its pre senile dementia :uhoh
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »
Ok, the SEA has to be set up with a CM, the ava has to be set  up by someone as well. The ava lets the setup run maybe a bit longer but hey theres nothing in common with the arenas huh? What exactly is the attempt im trying to make by seeing things this way?
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
Up until fairly recently I had a very low opinion of the AvA. That opinion has changed. When there are 20 or so players in the arena it's very nearly as good as the old CT was in its heyday. Last night's mission (by Larry) was a perfect example of that - some great fights, a civil atmosphere and a great time.
Those who've been put off of the AvA by the less than stellar behaviour that was the norm in the last couple of years but would like to play a 2-sided game should at the very least show up for the next mission night and see for themselves. It isn't perfect by any means but it's one hell of a lot better than it was.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »
Hey looks like you been workin' out since you last pic.

Hey thanks!  I tightened the tension on my throttle to make it a bit more of a workout while playing! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »
Up until fairly recently I had a very low opinion of the AvA. That opinion has changed. When there are 20 or so players in the arena it's very nearly as good as the old CT was in its heyday. Last night's mission (by Larry) was a perfect example of that - some great fights, a civil atmosphere and a great time.
Those who've been put off of the AvA by the less than stellar behaviour that was the norm in the last couple of years but would like to play a 2-sided game should at the very least show up for the next mission night and see for themselves. It isn't perfect by any means but it's one hell of a lot better than it was.

Cheers,
asw

Was a pleasure to have you in the arena last night asw, you definately seem like a good guy. Hope to see you in there more.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
Well if i look at it tonight and see 20 or more i will go have look at what kind of fight i can find.I just want a good fight!!!!I don't care where i get it.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs