Author Topic: Why dont more people play axis v allies  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: Why dont more people play axis v allies
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:07 PM »
Uptown. That was a setup I had put up at the request of the AvA regulars. As I said earlier in this thread, setups get changed weekly. Stop by and request a setup Uptown, would love to have you in the arena  :salute

I just may do that. Trukill is going down!  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 08:51:33 PM »
Yeah, I get mad too when I do or say something stupid and someone else points it out.
You're on the "going down" list too pal!  :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
You work 55 hours a week and don't have two whole minutes to read something that pops up every time you log into the arena? So which is it lazy or dumb? Really it takes you just as long to look what is enabled in the hanger then it does to look at the damn MOTD. Stop crying like the only thing the allies had was a goon. There were more planes enabled but you where just way to busy look to the left of the clipboard when you logged on. :rolleyes:
  And this folks right here is why the AVA has no pilots.The attitude.Same attitude that got you thrown out of FSO,DFC one would think you would learn something by it.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
<shakes head>
<Looks up at God>

Asks why this thread should've started

<looks at his fingers>
<shakes head more>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
Larry advertised a big bombing mission several months ago in the AvA and I decided to try something different and take part in it. When the event started I joined his mission only to be pretty much left out of it. I found Larry to be argorant and rude. I haven't spent any time in there since. Although I would love to shoot this guy down. I know he's a good stick, but I can whip him.

Lighten up Francis

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 09:26:36 PM »
Larry advertised a big bombing mission several months ago in the AvA and I decided to try something different and take part in it. When the event started I joined his mission only to be pretty much left out of it. I found Larry to be argorant and rude. I haven't spent any time in there since. Although I would love to shoot this guy down. I know he's a good stick, but I can whip him.

tell us how you really feel
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
ahh just trying to get a fight started :) it might be fun in there with some good planes
Lighten up Francis

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »
  And this folks right here is why the AVA has no pilots.The attitude.Same attitude that got you thrown out of FSO,DFC one would think you would learn something by it.

Wasn't thrown out of DFC, I quit. Wasn't booted outta the FSO for my attitude eather.

If you would have actually read some posts instead of jumping to conclusions you would see the whole story, but instead you are only seeing what you want to see.

Uptown logged onto the AvA didn't read the MOTD and thought only two planes were enabled. He then came here posting crap about the arena and the people who volunteer their time to run it because HE didn't have the time to read the setup for that week.

When I showed him he was mistaken he posted more crap.

So try again ''Dr'', and get the full story before posting like you know whats going on eh.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

Some might not see the sarcasm in your post and be turned away from the Wednesday missions because of what you just posted.

ahh just trying to get a fight started :) it might be fun in there with some good planes

15+ people in there tonight with both ponys enabled. Why wernt you in there?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:05:15 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:52 PM »
AvA is also not for everyone because it really is about the fights, no about base taking or porking (which is probably why the Pigs On the Wing didn't like it).
I was in the pigs squad when they were active in the AVA for a bit, at the time their was a "war" setup thing. The objective, if I remeber correctly was actually to capture specific bases.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »
Larry, all I'm saying is everytime I consider it, I don't bother because there's something like 5-10 people in there.

Actually, Moot, some of the best fights can be had in just that situation.  The MA-style furball, where getting shot down is more a matter of lacking SA than getting beat in ACM, is fairly rare in AvA.  You don't need a lot of numbers to have a lot of good fights.  Come try!

- oldman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
the plane sets suck. I peeked in there the other day and my allied choices was a spit or a mossie. Wtf are the 38s,47s and 51s? Why can't we have all the planes in AH2 and split them up into axies and allies?! Everytime I look into the AvA arena it's always some crap ride no one flys.
It makes me wonder if the guys running the AvA even have a clue about what the majority of players want.

We've actually tried enabling All Axis v All Allied several times.  It turns out to be about what you'd expect:  the Axis flyers pick the 1945 planes, as do the Allied pilots.  That's fine, we run a fair amount of 1945 setups, but we also like to see early and mid war matches.

Your greater point is accurate:  The principal reason people flock to the MAs is that they want to fly a particular plane, which might not be enabled in the AvA at that moment.  AvA is, and always will be, a self-limited arena.

- oldman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »
Actually, Moot, some of the best fights can be had in just that situation.  The MA-style furball, where getting shot down is more a matter of lacking SA than getting beat in ACM, is fairly rare in AvA.  You don't need a lot of numbers to have a lot of good fights.  Come try!

- oldman
It's not often that the setup has the 152 enabled and that I don't have squaddies in the other arenas, both at the same time.. Otherwise I'd definitely be in there as often as the other arenas.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
 Larry.Your squad was thrown out of FSO  and you were thrown out of DFC.Twist it any way you want. AVA COULD be a great addition but your name keeps it from being so. Most see anything related to JG 54 in an arena as a killer.Sorry.Thats just the facts.Youve told people that if they dont follow YOUR rules they will be run out of the arena.Want me to dig for that nugget? YOU kill this arena.YOU. Deal with it and show some honor and get out of it. You never should have been involved in something to draw players.Just do the right frigging thing and get away from the AVA arena. Your banning of jg 54 from FSO wasnt a fluke.

The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.