Author Topic: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol  (Read 3215 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
He anniversary of this trip is right around the corner. You doing it again this year, Steve?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
If you catch a big fish, make sure you post it so we can all see how big of a fish you caught.   :)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
If you catch a big fish, make sure you post it so we can all see how big of a fish you caught.   :)

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 07:36:41 PM »

pppthpthptpbpbbttpphhppbthhpp      :lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »
That is a great day for sure. Once. Only once. I had an incredible bass day. Was on a small private lake down by West Columbia, Texas by myself. I caught 42 bass. None real big. Most around 1.5 to 2 pounds but 35 were on topwaters. It was just crazy. I had one fish fly 2 feet out of the water twice to hit my lure. He missed both times. The third time he got it and I hooked him midair.  That was the best one that day but all the others were great too. Days like that make u love fishing. 

Enjoy yourself. Glad to hear it is going well.

There's two places that used to be like that in San Diego, Barrett Reservoir and Loveland Reservoir.  Though I never hit the epic numbers (best I did at Barrett Reservoir was 35 bass in a day and 60 or so Bluegill and Crappie) some fishermen were claiming 100+ bass in a day.  Barrett Reservoir is also a catfisher's dream, got a 28 pounder out of there once and someone else got one that was around 50 pounds or so.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
There's two places that used to be like that in San Diego, Barrett Reservoir and Loveland Reservoir.  Though I never hit the epic numbers (best I did at Barrett Reservoir was 35 bass in a day and 60 or so Bluegill and Crappie) some fishermen were claiming 100+ bass in a day.  Barrett Reservoir is also a catfisher's dream, got a 28 pounder out of there once and someone else got one that was around 50 pounds or so.

ack-ack

That's a helluva day by anyone's standards. Plus Cali Bass can be hogs so you probably had some big ones in that group of 35.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 05:23:09 AM »
Yeah I look at a good bass day if I catch around 10 or so.  I need to go fishing with you'll.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »
That's a helluva day by anyone's standards. Plus Cali Bass can be hogs so you probably had some big ones in that group of 35.

Most of the large mouth bass in California lakes and reservoirs are Florida Largemouth since most of the the lakes and reservoirs over here are stocked.  There are a few that have northern largemouth that are native to California but they don't get as big as the Florida largemouth nor in my opinion put up as good of a fight.

One thing I loved about Barrett is it made you feel like the best fisherman in the world because it was so easy to catch bass there, you could have stuck your hand in the water and pulled a dozen out.  Hell, you could probably walk on the water because that lake was so full of them but I never recall hearing anyone catch anything larger than 12 pounds.  I know the ones I would catch were probably on average around 3 to 4 pounds, if that.  Barrett was all about quantity, not size.  If you wanted big bass, Otay Lakes Reservoir, Lake Murray, Mirimar or Dixon were the best bets, people have pulled out 20 pounders in each of those lakes.  One guy got the unofficial record at Dixon until it was discovered he didn't hook it, he snagged it near the dorsal fin which is why he never officially registered the catch.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Catch something like this Don't Post makes me sick
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
A few years back during spawn I nailed 6 bass all bigger than 3.5 pounds within one hour, including a 6.5 pounder I had mounted.

You mounted a fish during the spawn?  That's just cold.  But if your state allows it... <shrug>.  Glad my main fishing state doesn't :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »
A year long fishing thread. Nice.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
A few years back during spawn I nailed 6 bass all bigger than 3.5 pounds within one hour, including a 6.5 pounder I had mounted
Please define "mounted" . Not some sick form of loving is it ? God I hope so ! If so, details dammm you man details !

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
We needed to hear this why?

Here Steve, let me toot that horn for you next time.  Just PM me, and I'll write nice words about your ego.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:56:18 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »
We needed to hear this why?

Hear Steve, let me toot that horn for you next time.  Just PM me, and I'll write nice words about your ego.

Who cares.  If you don't like it, you don't have to read it or post about it.   :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
Ah Grizz, you killed it.....  I was hoping Steve would be the first to see it.  You only halfway can't stand me, Steve is full-on would smack me if he could.  (Just wanted to keep him with ammo for it)   :D

Who cares.  If you don't like it, you don't have to read it or post about it.   :aok

All kidding aside, the day I could land every of 23 sorties (err, 22 out of but a ditch is a land anyway) I'd be pretty happy about it myself. 

Steve...........   Have some fun out there and catch a few big ones!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.