Author Topic: for the newbs  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Dastrdly

• Copper Member
for the newbs
« on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »
used to have better diagrams but this will give guys an idea of how to fly deffensively..... other than pulling around for a ho shot 

any one else have diagrams / directions on this & the merge you are welcome to add.

lets educate rather than get mad at pathetic moves  :rock

http://library.thinkquest.org/3142/manuv.htm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:59:09 PM by Dastrdly »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: for the newbs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
I fully support your quest to educate the unwashed masses Dast.    :aok

Good luck   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »
You have my support, they need to be educated. Just don't make them feel bad; most of them have the right spirit and their heart in the right place, they just need expirence.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »
Not all..... but most do not even read the basic directions to play the game. Good luck.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
All I said was that they had the right spirit and that they had their hearts in the right place (on the bish side, it is clearly best). I never said they were doing everything they should to help them play.

Tip to the newbs since most won't read the instructions or training corps help info: Don't pick a plane because of it's gun package, that will get you killed if you are not ready for the plane. Try the P51D on your first flight and keep the plane light, don't load up with the biggest bombs and the drop tanks; that got me killed a lot :) (reminiscent smile).

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »
used to have better diagrams but this will give guys an idea of how to fly deffensively..... other than pulling around for a ho shot 

any one else have diagrams / directions on this & the merge you are welcome to add.

The HOing from noobs is not an issue! Noob HOing is easily avoided, it is the HOing from experienced AH players that truely is pathetic and unnecessary  :aok

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
All I said was that they had the right spirit and that they had their hearts in the right place (on the bish side, it is clearly best). I never said they were doing everything they should to help them play.

Tip to the newbs since most won't read the instructions or training corps help info: Don't pick a plane because of it's gun package, that will get you killed if you are not ready for the plane. Try the P51D on your first flight and keep the plane light, don't load up with the biggest bombs and the drop tanks; that got me killed a lot :) (reminiscent smile).

The p-51 is not the best "first flight" plane by any stretch. Spits and zeros are much more newb friendly. A 51 flown by a 2-weeker is one of the easiest planes to kill.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »
I said first flight, meaning in the offline practice arena, because it dosen't realy have any quirks that I could find when I first flew it. And the A6M tends to stall easier and maby climb slower was the feeling I first got when I first flew it. Then I panicked and sent it into a stall. For me, the P51 gave a better illusion of control even if it was only an illusion and that kept me from panicking. For online, I agree, about the only reason I got shot down as few times as I did was I loved alt and the P51 is fast.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »
The p-51 is not the best "first flight" plane by any stretch. Spits and zeros are much more newb friendly. A 51 flown by a 2-weeker is one of the easiest planes to kill.

i am a 2 weeker come kill my pony :O
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

good post bro  :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lligaf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
Nice post will always take the help.
365TH HELL HAWKS

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »
lol nice post  :aok
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:04:29 PM »

A 51D?    If any person new to the game follows this advice, you're gonna regret it.    Lay the Foundation of Skills in a Spit 8, not a Pony.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
I agree Shuffler. I never read a thing or went into the TA. I used to go for the HO on any occasion I got, as it was the only way I knew to get a gun solution. One time I remember I made a few HO passes at a guy. He didn't fire back until the third pass. He quickly blew me up and about a minute later PMed me explaining that Head Ons were somewhat looked down upon, and also not a very smart move. That is when I started to film sorties and really watch people when they fought, so I could learn and get better. I'm happy I did, the game is more enjoyable when you can hold your own (against many opponents sometime  :P) rather than taking a Head On pass and extending.

I think what you're doing is good Dast, thanks!
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B