Author Topic: Sign up for One on One Dueling Bracket Tourney Here  (Read 3593 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« on: July 08, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »
OK, I'll take the initiative and put in the work to run this. 

Sign up here by midnight Central Daylight Time Sunday, July 19 to be included.  I will post the first bracket on Monday, July 20 and the tourney will begin as soon as it is posted.

Rules:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names out of a hat (or other convenient container  :) ).
- If there are odd numbers of players I will work them into the brackets although they may have to fly more or less rounds than other players.  They will be those chosen last in the random draw.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft.  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel loadout with players choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold.
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within 3K distance at which point a merge break can begin.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute. (I need 3 volunteers to potentially review films and serve as a dispute committee)
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight Central Daylight Time Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfiet the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between the players or nothing has been posted regarding results in the alloted time one player will be selected by random draw to advance to the next round.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, July 20 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sign up for One on One Dueling Bracket Tourney Here
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
Oh, and BTW, I'm in.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
Aw what the hell, I'm in too.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »
I'm in!

"First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft.  This will be done individually for each set of duelers."

How is that going to work exactly?
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »

A sharp pointy dart.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »
Sounds like HO's are allowed after initial merge, I don't take much notion to that but I'll just try to avoid them, or maybe I should start practicing HO's to get ready. 
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »
I'm In. :aok

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 03:07:06 PM »
In... Why put it in the canyon? I think it should be pure dogfighting without any variables, IE a big wall getting in the way.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:09:22 PM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »
I'm in.   GameID = RufLeak

Clarifications required:
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
I am not a DA guy.  I hope this is self explanatory.

- All duels will be 25% fuel loadout with players choice of gun package and convergence.
Is the fuel load listed on film?  How to prove compliance otherwise?

- All merges will be guns cold.
Difficult to enforce.  Might have to allow them.  I agree with your principle, but I can see a lot of disagreement on what constitutes a HO.

- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within 3K distance at which point a merge break can begin.
In the DA, are there two different ends to this canyon?  Will all planes reach 10K by the merge?  What is the acceptable plus or minus on altitude?

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfiet the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
How does one prove the arranged time? 

Pardon my rules lawyering.  The less gray area, the better.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:01:07 PM by RufusLeaking »
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
I'll join but i cant promise to ever fly sober or care about the results.  :rock

edit: batfinkv in-game
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:41:27 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
I'm in!   Bosco as In game
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
I'm in!

"First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft.  This will be done individually for each set of duelers."

How is that going to work exactly?

I'm going to list all fighter and fighter attack aircraft and number them then use the Excel random number generator feature to allow it to randomly select aircraft for each duel.

In... Why put it in the canyon? I think it should be pure dogfighting without any variables, IE a big wall getting in the way.

It's just an easy place to find in the DA.  You can always fight on the plains above the canyons if you like.

I'm in.  

Clarifications required:I am not a DA guy.  I hope this is self explanatory.

Yes it is.

Is the fuel load listed on film?  How to prove compliance otherwise?

You could take more I suppose.  This stops people from complaining that someone took a lighter fuel load.

Difficult to enforce.  Might have to allow them.  I agree with your principle, but I can see a lot of disagreement on what constitutes a HO.

Guns have to remain cold until you have passed the three/nine line of your opponent.  This is black and white.

In the DA, are there two different ends to this canyon?  Will all planes reach 10K by the merge?  What is the acceptable plus or minus on altitude?

Yes and yes.  There is no acceptable +/- on alt within reason.

How does one prove the arranged time? 

Unable to do but I thought I'd throw it in there anyway.  I just don't want any round dragging past the deadlines.

Pardon my rules lawyering.  The less gray area, the better.

Oh yeah... post your in-game ID if different than your BBs ID.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:43:13 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
S!

There are alot of better sticks out there than me but i'll give it a shot.  Count me in.

My luck, i'll get a WideWing or a Pawz or one of the Dogg's as a 1rst rounder and be out quick.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »
I like the fact that the duelers can arrange the Time between themselves...  Should only take 20 min outta your day to finish the fights.  :aok

BMathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »
Sheesh, sign me up then (gwurzel ingame) - someone has to get the easy kill  ;)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.