Author Topic: Sign up for One on One Dueling Bracket Tourney Here  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
Re: Sign up for One on One Dueling Bracket Tourney Here
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 04:04:31 AM »
I'll watch the first one from the sidelines. I'd jump in with anyone for 1v1's at any time, but I hesitate to do it when it'll be a competitive setting. It's my lowly opinion that ACM is really an art form and you see me so much because I seek to better my art, not so I can own up the MA's or a tournament :) . "l'art pour l'art'' .....Pardon my french ;)

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 06:56:39 AM »
Can't resist the temptation to give it a shot, IN
This is a test

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:34 AM »
Sounds like HO's are allowed after initial merge, I don't take much notion to that but I'll just try to avoid them, or maybe I should start practicing HO's to get ready. 
Only thing I can tell you then is to talk to the guy your about to fight and that may help.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »
IN

sveno ingame

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »
On winning and losing:

In the tournament, there will be collisions.  I am not advocating it as a tactic, but they are bound to happen.   So, two planes are fluttering towards earth.  Who is the loser? 

I would contend that ditching and bailing are losing.  Can’t see a reason to do either, other than as an act of surrender.

To win, I am assuming there is no requirement to land. 

On administration:

Salute to BaldEagl for getting this going. 

A new thread for each round results would make it much cleaner to track.

On my confidence level:

Just about every guy who has signed up so far has beaten me like a 5 year old in Wal-Mart.  I am thinking of changing my call sign to “First Round Bye.”
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 08:55:13 AM »
I think you'll find thats taken Rufus (see sig for details)  :D

:salute bald for putting this together,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 09:08:50 AM »
First, Nisky has agreed to join the review/dispute committee.  I still need two more volunteers.

Correct in that there is no requirement to land.  Bailing or ditching in the middle of a fight should in fact constitute submission.  Collisions present an interesting dilemma which I need some time to consider.  My initial thought is the person recieving the collision message loses if they go down and if both recieve it it's a do-over... more on that later.  Finally in regard to rules I'd hate to see people running so I've been considering a seperation rule to avoid that scenario.  In reality this is meant to provide some fun and honorable dueling and to some degree the players will have to police themselves.

As to those who might not think themselves good enough to join I encourage you to do so.  First of all the first round is by draw and in the words of Forrest Gump you never know what you're going to get.  Beyond that even if you lose it's a great chance to film the flights and learn from the person who beat you.  Who knows, they may even be willing to give you a few tips and go a few more rounds with you just for fun.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
I'm in if these happen in the DA.  BE, you might want to go check out the old dueling ladder to maybe glean some lessons from it. 

as m00t suggested, you should check out Sourkruat's old dueling ladder page ( if it is still up )....or the older dueling ladder before his........

use the same rules base Sour's ladder used........

with my new HD's I no longer have the URL to is page, nor is the Aces High Dueling Ladder Forum existent on the AHBBS anymore  :(

maybe you can get with forHim or TW9 ( both of these flyers were trying to revitalize the Dueling Ladder ) they might even have the script that lets ya run/calculate the seeding etc........

or get with Daddog or Ghosth to see if you can get a hold of Sourkruat and see if he can point you in the right direction to obtaining the Ladder script/program

If I recall correctly, didn't Heater ( I may be confusing him with another player ) hold one of the 1st Ladders?

anyhows............. you can also do a search for one of Widewing's post to the BBS about dueling rules..........and use those ( WW recently posted ina thread somewhere about dueling rules )

Good Luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
Sounds like HO's are allowed after initial merge, I don't take much notion to that but I'll just try to avoid them, or maybe I should start practicing HO's to get ready. 

The reality is that you can't really define what a HO is in a duel. Either you limit it to "behind the 3/9 line" with film running or its open season after the merge. Beyond that my personal feeling is that you almost never have a mutual "HO"....one person gets around a bit quicker and judgement is a part of the equation....

Rusty (with regard to dueling) but i'm in....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »
as m00t suggested, you should check out Sourkruat's old dueling ladder page ( if it is still up )....or the older dueling ladder before his........

use the same rules base Sour's ladder used........

with my new HD's I no longer have the URL to is page, nor is the Aces High Dueling Ladder Forum existent on the AHBBS anymore  :(

maybe you can get with forHim or TW9 ( both of these flyers were trying to revitalize the Dueling Ladder ) they might even have the script that lets ya run/calculate the seeding etc........

or get with Daddog or Ghosth to see if you can get a hold of Sourkruat and see if he can point you in the right direction to obtaining the Ladder script/program

If I recall correctly, didn't Heater ( I may be confusing him with another player ) hold one of the 1st Ladders?

anyhows............. you can also do a search for one of Widewing's post to the BBS about dueling rules..........and use those ( WW recently posted ina thread somewhere about dueling rules )

Good Luck

I tried to participate in TW9's ladder and couldn't get a match-up.  Anyway I don't want to use a ladder format as there is no finality to it.  This way after three duels you either advance to the next round or you're out and once the players base is set there's a firm end to it.

Thanks for the suggestions though.  I will try to find WW's dueling rules to see if I can clear up a few of the final ambiguities but don't want to change the base rules at this point as people are already signing up and may be doing so based on the posted rules.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
These?
  • If someone loses a wing, tail, or engine, the round is over.                                                                     
  • Only two contestants to a dog fight.                                                                                                                
  • Only one dog fight at a time.                                                                                                              
  • The winner of a round has the choice of the next plane set.                                                                        
  • Both contestants must get a fresh plane before the next round.                                                                                                                                                              
  • Rounds must start Co Alt and Co E before the initial merge.  This means no going above the agreed altitude before the initial merge in order to gain more E then your opponent, but you may dive under your opponent once you are in icon range.                                                                                                                          
  • No Head-Ons on the initial merge.                                                                                                                 
  • No rams.                                                                                                                                               
  • If you get more then 2.5K from your opponent while your plane’s nose is pointed away from him, you lose that round.  If both contestants are nose away, that round is forfeit.  This includes altitude.                                           
  • Any modifications of the these rules must be noted in text upon take-off of the first round, and both contestants must agree in text before the initial merge of the first round.  This includes any fuel handicaps.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
I believe BaldEagl is sticking with his original Rules of Engagement.

But that won't stop me from responding.

• If someone loses a wing, tail, or engine, the round is over.                                                                     
These should lead naturally to a loss.  The only question is in the rare event of near simultaneous engine failure.  For example, an oil leaking guy takes out his opponent's engine as his fails.  Unlikey, but possible.

• The winner of a round has the choice of the next plane set.                                                                         
BaldEagl has it right that the loser picks the next plane.  This is a balancing feature.  I doubt anyone will throw the first round just to pick the plane in the second round.

• No rams.                                                                                                                                               
I have rammed many times, but never intentionally.  Still awaiting a judgement on this one.

• If you get more then 2.5K from your opponent while your plane’s nose is pointed away from him, you lose that round.  If both contestants are nose away, that round is forfeit.  This includes altitude.
Good concept, but how to enforce?  If it is a first or second round that goes to the film review committee, how do the two combatants know which plane to pick for subsequent rounds?

• Any modifications of the these rules must be noted in text upon take-off of the first round, and both contestants must agree in text before the initial merge of the first round.  This includes any fuel handicaps.
This is a huge can of worms.  Reasonable people would be able to agree.  Key word: reasonable.
Claim Jumpers

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »
most times Rams/Collisions is considered "No Contest" is erased and the Round is started over Fresh......

someone having their oil Hit does not consitute them losing their engine.Lose of an Engine means it DIES does not produce power / Stops running / locks or seizes up..... 2 completely different things........  if both engines die at same time.....MOST ( not all ) people would consider to do a rematch ........

it is no way possible for 2 duelers to argue over someone who has extended beyond 2.5 with their nose going away from their opponent.to argue this and have it reviewed is futile.....and will show the opponent's arguement as complete ignorance to the rule......

YMMV
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »
it is no way possible for 2 duelers to argue over someone who has extended beyond 2.5 with their nose going away from their opponent.to argue this and have it reviewed is futile.....and will show the opponent's arguement as complete ignorance to the rule......
If you haven't noticed, there are many arguements on these lines:

A, "You did."

B, "No, you did."

A, "I didn't.  You did"

B, "You did times two."

And on and on.

More specifically on the topic of separation, how do you prove who is the cause of the violation, especially if it includes vertical?   
Claim Jumpers

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »
Hey RufLeak,

Don't stress too much about the rules before they've even had a chance to be broken.  We've got a nice mix of veteran and rookie duelers here, and it will all balance out :aok

If you haven't noticed, there are many arguements on these lines:

A, "You did."

B, "No, you did."

A, "I didn't.  You did"

B, "You did times two."

And on and on.

More specifically on the topic of separation, how do you prove who is the cause of the violation, especially if it includes vertical?   
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group