Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4578 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
Yes they do see Spit 14 (my thread). They do because that is how business works they listen to their customers. If you dont you go out of business. Free lesson for you there and no need to thank me. This is called feedback and believe me they listen.
I was talking about other companies in case you missed the sentence I quoted from you...  :huh ...wait you did miss it. Try giving some of your "feedback" to EA, Sony, Nintendo, even IEN just to name a few.

Oh and here is another lesson, technology isnt an end in it self :D It just looks like that to people who dont understand it ;)
:huh  :confused: Ok...not sure who you were addressing but it obviously wasn't me.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
Yarbles...TEShaw...do us all a favor and spare us your infinite wisdom for a couple of days while HTC works through this. Hold hands...everything will be OK.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:47:47 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 10:52:10 PM »
I have to say that is very inconsiderate of what I said. People are happy with their routine and what gets them through the day. In the commercial world I work with companies that put the onus on their customers to resolve their issues and fair badly or should do. HTC is not or maybe is an amateeur organisation that expects subscribers to be stakeholders but if it does let us see how it resolves.

Quite frankly I am dissillusioned and dissapointed and not only form a commercial point of view. 

Get a clue. This is a game run by like 5 people. You obviously have no experience in the online gaming world. This happens in EVERY Massive Mulitplayer game. Company puts out patch, people cry like babies because "xxx was screwed up!" A few days later company puts out patch that fixes most of the problems. Less people cry. A week or so later a new patch comes out and most of the things are fixed. It is absolutely impossible to beta test and then bring out a perfect product. The only way to truly iron out the bugs is to release it and then fix whatever problems arise. This is a GAME. Games are made differently than other types of software. There is no other kind of software that has more variables thrown at it, and things that can go wrong. Show me any MMO made in the last 10 years that hasn't followed this formula. You cant, because Ive played most of them and its always the same.

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
I think the one disconnect here that a lot of people are having a problem with is this:  You say "it's progress it happens whether you're ready or not!".  Well, is it?  Because I run much more graphic intensive games that look nicer much more efficiency.  I understand a huge arena has it's graphical limits and the artists are good enough to do whatever they want.  It's a compromise.  I get it.  But that's not the issue.

The issue is other games that look better or at least as good as this new update that don't serve up 20 fps on my machine.  I get more like 55-75.  And if it goes to 30fps it still looks like 75.  Just as fluid.

So let's not be so quick to crap all over people that offer up criticism to HTC because right now they aren't up with the top game companies on performance right now.  And if you want to call them a "leader" they nead to put out something that leads.  Not something that 65% of the subscriber base has no real use for anymore.

This isn't a time for haters that have no patience and threaten and it isn't a time for fan boys that look the other way on every one of HTC's gaffs.  This is a time for putting your judgments aside on what people say and focus on fixing the problem.  Not a time for "feelings" and unloading on people the way you can't unload on people in your real life without getting a fist in your face.  Fix the problem and as far as I'm concerned every single whine and cry or whatever you want to call people bringing problems to attention is one step closer to getting it fixed.  I just want my game back.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 11:54:19 PM »
The funny part is the people who whine just to whine. There are plenty of people who have reported the problems they are having without being overly dramatic and without using the "im a paying customer and i respect results!" line. If you dont like whats happening in the game, its very simple..leave. Answer me this..when has HTC NOT listened to their customers? Its the same story for 10 years straight. They have always listened and I expect they will continue to. Its just amazing how many people complain but could never hope to do any better. The only thing i ask of HTC is to continue to improve their product. The pace doesn't matter to me. Sometimes with big patches like this they take a step back, but usually within a short period of time, they address whatever issues that rise up. Its just amazing that after all this time some people STILL don't get how it works.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:49:57 AM by Skuzzy »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 12:27:18 AM »
I'm just a redneck that bought a puter and found a fighter game online. I don't know jack squat about this video setting stuff, but I'll learn and be ready for battle. ;)
I give HTC the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this stuff, so I figure the problem is on my end and I need to read up on things more. I've always liked this game way, way too much and if need be I'll upgrade whatever I have to, to fly the American iron. :rock

well with a thread full of crap, I thought i'd quote the bit that made perfect sense.   :D

:salute  uptown
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »
Running Text Res at 512 and i have the blurry look also on guages and skins. haven't seen an answer for this yet, have i looked it over??

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »
Blurry isn't as useful a description as a screenshot and dxdiag would be.  People come on the forums ranting, but without providing the info needed for anyone to help debug the problem.  If you really want to fix the problem, post a concise description instead of calling tech support names.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:10 AM »
twintail has a thread in bugs for this, already posted the details there.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:43 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:50:39 AM by Skuzzy »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Ean1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:59 AM »
Takes one to know one. lol!
Ean

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47:45 AM »
Yarbles...TEShaw...do us all a favor and spare us your infinite wisdom for a couple of days while HTC works through this. Hold hands...everything will be OK.

:salute :lol

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:06:47 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 03:05:16 AM »
:salute :lol

(Tin hat on)   

Might I humbly suggest though that if this is the time honoured and well worn path why desnt HTC explain the process succinctly in advance.

As in "here is the patch" "PLEASE bare with us for a few days and give us your feedback and we will endeavour to get things back to normal or even better".

Anyone heard of customer relations here?

When they do that will be progress as well and might get this game to a wider audience who are used to being treated like valued subscribers ;)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:09:37 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"