Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4576 times)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 03:12:56 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:51:50 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 04:32:01 AM »
I was talking about other companies in case you missed the sentence I quoted from you...  :huh ...wait you did miss it. Try giving some of your "feedback" to EA, Sony, Nintendo, even IEN just to name a few.

:huh  :confused: Ok...not sure who you were addressing but it obviously wasn't me.

Appolgies if I misunderstood your tone seemed a bit blah zay. I am genuinely a bit annoyed with the way HTC treats us but I like the game far too much to do anything about it. I am sure from a technical point of view they are brilliant but I feel on the relationship side they could do better :frown:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 05:25:03 AM »
As in "here is the patch" "PLEASE bare with us for a few days and give us your feedback and we will endeavour to get things back to normal or even better".
How is that not clear yet?  Is weeks of doing that before and after the patch release not enough?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 06:15:35 AM »
How is that not clear yet?  Is weeks of doing that before and after the patch release not enough?

First I have heard. I would put it on the patch. Makes sense unless yove been through this many times in which case you take it for granted.

Its just better to do it than not do it as it would reduce anxiety and piss less people off. I know its not just me because ive heard allot of other pissed off people. HTC needs to be a better communicator with people who either dont have the same skill set or are newer to the game.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:52:39 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »
Its just better to do it than not do it as it would reduce anxiety and piss less people off. I know its not just me because ive heard allot of other pissed off people. HTC needs to be a better communicator with people who either dont have the same skill set or are newer to the game.

This is only in your mind, the real deal is what you ask would only do one thing, cause people more anxiety before a release, and no less during the process.

Simply take your self as an example, people have told you the way it works, but now you do your best to search for something else to complain about, namely the quote above.

To put it simply ,not much can be done to minimize customer complaints or anxiety, it is in the persons make up if he will or will not act as you do.

HiTech

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »
This is only in your mind, the real deal is what you ask would only do one thing, cause people more anxiety before a release, and no less during the process.

Simply take your self as an example, people have told you the way it works, but now you do your best to search for something else to complain about, namely the quote above.

To put it simply ,not much can be done to minimize customer complaints or anxiety, it is in the persons make up if he will or will not act as you do.

HiTech

Oh, Snap!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
...before people go elsewhere :( 

...like where?

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
Frankly, I wish that with terrain turned off, it looked like it did before the update.
thats an idea tj  :aok

Offline OmegaZS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »
I don't want to but I'm done.I get fine F.R. if i kill the GFX ,and the ground detail sucks so bad i cant see the ground coming.
Same here. I'm not ready to give up just yet, so I'm giving it time, hoping that we can get all these issues corrected.
If not, then I will have to call it quits because I really didn't mind playing in a cartoon world at all, but now it looks likes a child's coloring book.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »

<EDIT> Just found out they released the new version. I thought they always released on a Friday. So the comment I made is out of context now. Hence the edit.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:06:07 PM by Lye-El »

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
I just didn't download the BETA. Everything runs as it always has. Running a BETA game and expecting no problems is kind of foolish. Wait for the final release if you expect most bugs to be squashed.

Better yet, download a BETA version and help with finding errors and bugs. Speeds up the process, my friend.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Kung Fu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
From my perspective, the way HTC is handling the update by releasing patches so soon is GREAT customer service so I applaud the developers' support and prompt action.  A lot better than waiting months/yrs compared with some similar games out there now.  Great work +S+.
  Jagdgeschwader 11

"Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning."

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:33 PM »
From my perspective, the way HTC is handling the update by releasing patches so soon is GREAT customer service so I applaud the developers' support and prompt action.  A lot better than waiting months/yrs compared with some similar games out there now.  Great work +S+.

QFT  :aok

The Few GFC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »
Yep, I feel the same way.

HTC updates the game frequently and gets on bugs extremely promptly compared to what I'm used to elsewhere.  Take, for example, Battlefield 1942.  I loved that game (not its airplanes, which suck, but the FPS soldier part).  EA did all of a few patches back when it was within its first year or so of release, then nothing ever after.