Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
I have a top end computer and I preffered the old version. Inside the plane is allot more blurred and I have the high res. I hope you can sort it out HTC before people go elsewhere :( 

I actually want it to work you know and good luck but please sort it out soon because i get allot of pleasure out of this game but not anymore :uhoh
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:27:53 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »
same here yarbles and the plane bodywork is slightly blured, not as clear. they have done a nice job and im sure there working on fixes fast. just fruhstrating in the mean time :pray

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
Have you downloaded the Hi-Res Pack?

The auto update did not auto update the Hi-res.  If you did not physically download and re-install the new High-res, that may be the source of your blurry cockpit.

Not positive as I am not programmer, but it is just a thought as to the possible fixes.  Since I downloaded the hi-res update, my appears fine, though, I have not really had time to experiment the different models.
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:34:45 PM »
I agree on the blurred cockpits. I have hires and AA all the way and game runs fine but still blurry a bit inside the plane. I think my only complaint is today I was in a tank rollin a long and took a good look at the ground. It just kinda looked plastic and shiny. I think they will do their absolute best to try and please as many people as possible and fix as much as they can.
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:36:33 PM »
Same here, and I installed the latest high res pack.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
The new version seems to have less anisotropic filtering than the older versions.... it's only as much as you need (normally). If you're having issue with things being blurry force on some extra Anisotropic filtering... it hasn't been necessary for me.

It's not really a game issue.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »
I upped the anisotropic filtering to 16x and it had no effect.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
Instruments and textures should not look any different if you are running the same settings as before.  If you're running 1024, make sure you've downloaded the hi-res texture pack.  If you are running 1024 and have the hi-res pack and it's still burred, try seeing if the antialiasing changes anything at different settings.  You can also go into your video cards control panel and see if anisotropic filtering makes any changes.  Finally, if you're having this problem, report it along with your system specs and your video and graphic settings.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
I'm using full AA but no anisotropic filtering at all (never found any improvement there for me) and hires texture pack.  I have all sliders maxed out, and I set my nVidia settings to "max quality".  Everything is sharp and clear.  I do have the latest nVidia drivers for my card (from nVidia's site) -- not sure if that makes a difference.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 05:14:04 PM »
The new version seems to have less anisotropic filtering than the older versions.... it's only as much as you need (normally). If you're having issue with things being blurry force on some extra Anisotropic filtering... it hasn't been necessary for me.

It's not really a game issue.

The game really doesn't use Anisotropic filtering, that is why it's always been recommended to turn it off.  Whatever AF the game does use, you're hardly going to see it anyway.  Also, you've got the other way around, more AF would cause blurry text and instruments at least in the previous versions.  Don't know if in this version has AF fully implemented or not but the blurriness of the instruments and the washed out look of the text makes it seem that it does. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
So many problems and issues.

I am the CO of precision squad and so many unhappy noises I wish they had tested for longer.

The impvements are not worth the aggro to date.

Is their another game where they are more considerate of thier customer base?  
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rtcircus
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Get over yourself Yarbles...

How many other games have this many players AND are produced by a handful (literally less than 5) people?

Even so, they aren't inconsiderate of their customer base.  They're offering to help diagnose and debug the problem... but it requires everyone to work WITH them.  Things such as downloading the BETA and testing when given the chance are things that fall on the customer's shoulders.  All they can do is make it available for you, they can't MAKE you download and test it to help them find the problems.

So far, it seems to me that almost everyone who has at least TRIED to mess with their settings have found a setting which produces good results.
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Proud member of the 364th CHawks, 383rd BG, formerly the RTC.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »
Calm down yarbles.  After we tinker with our vc settings it will probably be fine.  Htc has shown a lot of interest in getting the update to work for everyone.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
So many problems and issues.

I am the CO of precision squad and so many unhappy noises I wish they had tested for longer.

The impvements are not worth the aggro to date.

Is their another game where they are more considerate of thier customer base?  

Yarbles,
The beta has been available for all players for weeks. The Forums are available to read and did any of your squad take a look? We all had problems during the Beta release. I have a fairly nice PC (built in Feb 2009) everything new except the mouse pad! :) I couldn't fly near a CV or ack without locking up. Patch 5 or 6 fixed that issue once we could recreate it.
There were 9 patches presented in the Beta which addressed the major and many minor issues. Yet, for every pc out there there is another just like it or there are hundreds of differences in configuration. HTC does care for customers. I am certain the lessor issues that are noted will be addressed immediately. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a patch by Friday. Wait and see if I am right. You won't see that for any online games. (IMO) :salute

http://www.kkenshome.com/DxDiag.txt
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:52:47 PM by K-KEN »

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 05:54:56 PM »
Instruments and textures should not look any different if you are running the same settings as before.  If you're running 1024, make sure you've downloaded the hi-res texture pack.  If you are running 1024 and have the hi-res pack and it's still burred, try seeing if the antialiasing changes anything at different settings.  You can also go into your video cards control panel and see if anisotropic filtering makes any changes.  Finally, if you're having this problem, report it along with your system specs and your video and graphic settings.

Whatever you think, I'm actually not that fussy; but, please, try paragraghs.

Also, I've downloaded my latest video drivers....very stuttery.